ADVERTISEMENT

Global Temperature Update through April...

Politicians have been battling the IPCC report since its inception. You latching onto that as an attempt to throw the whole thing out the window is absurd. Do I really have to respond to such nonsense? Maybe point out that virtually every important subject in history has tortuously made its way through the political process. According to your idiotic thinking we should have discredited the entire Civil Rights movement because George Wallace stood in the school doorway. Really you are just grasping at straws with no idea of how ridiculous your entire argument is.

As for your 2nd, I've already told you their are scoundrels about trying to profit both ways on this subject but that does not change the science itself.

Please, all of you, just educate yourselves with the links I have provided to the actual IPCC reports and then post your thoughts here. The other stuff serves absolutely no purpose other than to perpetuate ignorance, which is what I am attempting to remedy by taking pity on you and wasting my time here in this thread when none of you appear in the slightest to be able to grasp anything beyond Jebus and the Debil.

do people actually think we should live in an environmental chamber and the temperature should never fluctuate???
72F/55% all day long???
seasons never change???

the weather changes daily/weekly/monthly/yearly; always has, always will.

the climate changes and the the sky is blue, tell me something i don't know but don't tell me i have to pay for the blue sky/changing climate. that stuff is free.

when the scientists can accurately tell me if it is going to rain 3 days from now, i will be very impressed.

Simple solution...don't care. If the world burns up in 1000, 500, 100, hell 50 yrs, I don't give a damn.

According to nasa records, the hottest year in America was 1934. My guess is that there were way fewer people, cars, trucks, trains, jets, factories, coal plants, and gassy cows. Maybe common sense is out of fashion in this day in age but that fact alone speaks volumes
So you think one year trumps a trend? Common sense should tell you that several decades of increasing temperatures is a bit different than a single year being really hot when it isn't part of a pattern. Huge volcano eruptions have caused lower temperatures as well.

2001 had a huge number of plane crashes and people killed in plane crashes. And we all know why. But we didn't suddenly think that planes were defective or that flying was no longer safe.

do people actually think we should live in an environmental chamber and the temperature should never fluctuate???
72F/55% all day long???
seasons never change???

the weather changes daily/weekly/monthly/yearly; always has, always will.

the climate changes and the the sky is blue, tell me something i don't know but don't tell me i have to pay for the blue sky/changing climate. that stuff is free.

when the scientists can accurately tell me if it is going to rain 3 days from now, i will be very impressed.
This idiot doesn't even understand the difference between weather and climate and yet he feels compelled to add to the already bountiful supply of stupid in this thread.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Austin, this is what I am talking about

Well, LEK, such rhetoric usually flows in each direction. Kudos to KS, by the way, for maintaining his ever-classy bearing.

Politicians have been battling the IPCC report since its inception. You latching onto that as an attempt to throw the whole thing out the window is absurd. Do I really have to respond to such nonsense? Maybe point out that virtually every important subject in history has tortuously made its way through the political process. According to your idiotic thinking we should have discredited the entire Civil Rights movement because George Wallace stood in the school doorway. Really you are just grasping at straws with no idea of how ridiculous your entire argument is.

So you think one year trumps a trend? Common sense should tell you that several decades of increasing temperatures is a bit different than a single year being really hot when it isn't part of a pattern. Huge volcano eruptions have caused lower temperatures as well.

2001 had a huge number of plane crashes and people killed in plane crashes. And we all know why. But we didn't suddenly think that planes were defective or that flying was no longer safe.
Well 1936 was known to be pretty hot too. Actually the 1930's really sucked when it came to heat

What does "settled science" mean to you? You call me an idiot because I don't put absolute faith in numbers and processes that the scientists who create them don't have either.

2014 hottest year on record, by .04 degrees! 4 hundredths of one degree. That is warming, I'll agree with that, but how do we obtain such accuracy when the vast majority of thermometers are only graduated to the nearest degree? How accurate are the corrections for the Urban Heat Island affect?

There are so many questions that remain to be answered and many that may never be. We certainly don't know enough at this point to enact legislation that would put an unfair burden on the average American citizen.

Reactions: drawing_dead
failed-climate-predictions.jpg
Now, I'm not familiar with all of these claims but I know that several in here are complete bs.

1970: There was never anything resembling a scientific consensus that we were approaching an ice age. There was not even anything approaching a majority of climate scientists predicting an ice age. In the 1970s, the warming effect of greenhouse gases was well understood and accepted by climate scientists. A minority of climate scientists predicted that the cooling effect of particulate pollution - which is also real, well understood, and accepted - would be stronger than the warming effect of GHGs. Their ideas were found to be be wrong, and the idea of particulate pollution leading to global cooling was abandoned.

1999: This appears to be completely bogus. In 1999 there was an off the cuff statement that, regrettably, was later included in an IPCC report saying that Himalayan Glaciers would be gone by the year 2035. Not only is the statement in the comic incorrect about the time span, there was never a single piece of published research that predicted this.

2008: A single researcher published a model predicting that the arctic could be ice-free by 2013. Other researchers' models predicted anywhere from 2040 to 2100 for a totally ice free arctic. Attempting to discredit an entire field of science by citing the worst case scenario of a single outlier model is beyond disingenuous.

2007/2012: Hurricane formation is an incredibly complex problem to solve. If some researchers believe we'll increase and others believe we'll decrease, this says nothing about whether the Earth is or is not warming and what the cause of that warming is. No one has claimed a scientific consensus on the long term effect of global warming on hurricane formation.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
What does "settled science" mean to you? You call me an idiot because I don't put absolute faith in numbers and processes that the scientists who create them don't have either.

2014 hottest year on record, by .04 degrees! 4 hundredths of one degree. That is warming, I'll agree with that, but how do we obtain such accuracy when the vast majority of thermometers are only graduated to the nearest degree? How accurate are the corrections for the Urban Heat Island affect?

There are so many questions that remain to be answered and many that may never be. We certainly don't know enough at this point to enact legislation that would put an unfair burden on the average American citizen.
While not getting involved in this debate, that "hottest on record" must be for somewhere other than here. I work outside a lot, last summer was coolest summer I can remember. Must have been talking about Europe.

While not getting involved in this debate, that "hottest on record" must be for somewhere other than here. I work outside a lot, last summer was coolest summer I can remember. Must have been talking about Europe.

They are talking global. We did have a mild summer last year, but in Europe they were cooking.

They are talking global. We did have a mild summer last year, but in Europe they were cooking.
I was aware of this being a global discussion, but most of the U.S. was cooler than normal. Should have averaged out with higher temperatures in Europe.

When it comes to the truth, the U.S. Government has told more than a few extreme lies.

I'll ask again.

I'll ask God, Lord Crow, to explain this part of his earth to me.

Are you going to stop all the pollution in Countries like China? Are you going to make the world stop the polluting? Are you aware that lots of Scientist claim there's not much we could do about it anyway, even if it WERE true? We couldn't effect it by more than a half degree to a degree some of THEM say. I'll leave the amateur copy and pasting to you. There's plenty of opinions on this.

I don't know if global warming exist in the sense you believe it does, but I'm not dumb enough to believe theres something that could be done about it anyway. Like I say, liberal thinkers live in theoretical worlds that CANNOT EXIST. This is just more of that.

And yes, I believe you're the type that would have been screaming "THE ICE AGE IS BACK" in the early 80's. You're probably just too young and indoctrinated to understand it.

BTW, I hope to God you're not driving a fuel/engine automobile. You need to walk everywhere and not use any energy that you deem bad for the atmosphere. Start with your own, then work on everyone else. Try to keep your elitist white "global warming" propagandist out of those fuel jets that burn more energy than everyone in my state combined.

Last edited:
Reactions: drawing_dead
Yawn. Jessco White knowed three more dance steps nobody else in the world knowed. I get it.

162732260_Gun_TotingBibleThumperMO_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

I edited it so I was really nice. You're so mean, I was scared to call you stupid.

What exactly are your plans to beat global warming as you see it? No google search, just lay it out. How are you going to stop China, Indonesia, Japan, or Brazil from polluting? What do you do about the fact that even if we made huge progress, say 90% of pollutants gone, you still didn't solve the problem as you would see it?

Not only could you not stop those countries from polluting, you still don't have the technology to make it happen, lol. We have wasted hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on projects that aren't up to the time. I don't think we need to quit trying(not at taxpayer expense), and I believe pollution is bad whether GW is man made or not, but theres nothing you can do bro.

Our current politicians haven't got the spine to protect their own borders, but you think we can control a country like china from depositing pollutants that harm earth as you say? It will never happen, and if you just think about it for two seconds, you'll realize it.

Since you brought religion into it,

Atheist_Dictators_001.jpg

Last edited:
You're not paying attention. I already explained this in the religion threads. My purpose is to seek the truth as best as I can while I am alive. I am not going to waste my life pretending there is some magic guy that is going to let me live forever on a cloud. I understand that once I die it will be exactly like before I was born. That's it. There is nothing else.

So while I am here I want to know. I want to learn. I want to understand. The worst life imaginable to me is to be hiding in fear behind some children's story because I was afraid to glimpse truth. So I don't need your crutches. I don't have to be a complete imbecile that thinks we have to have all the answers before we can have any of the answers.

Ignorance is easy. I understand that. Knowledge is fearful. I understand that, too. You can hide or you can live and that is really our only choice.

FWIW, we are not going to "beat" global warming. It's already too late. It's all about managing the consequences now. We're all going to get to see what it is like to live with CO2 at above 600ppm while no human prior to the last century lived with CO2 above 300ppm. We all get to participate in the experiment together so whether you believe it or not is really not relevant. We'll both find out together.

You're not paying attention. I already explained this in the religion threads. My purpose is to seek the truth as best as I can while I am alive. I am not going to waste my life pretending there is some magic guy that is going to let me live forever on a cloud. I understand that once I die it will be exactly like before I was born. That's it. There is nothing else.

So while I am here I want to know. I want to learn. I want to understand. The worst life imaginable to me is to be hiding in fear behind some children's story because I was afraid to glimpse truth. So I don't need your crutches. I don't have to be a complete imbecile that thinks we have to have all the answers before we can have any of the answers.

Ignorance is easy. I understand that. Knowledge is fearful. I understand that, too. You can hide or you can live and that is really our only choice.

What the hell man. You just made so many claims you have NO PROOF of. You hang on religion, like it's on your mind 24/7.

You're the one that thinks consciousness and existence can happen FROM NOTHING. But I'm crazy because I see that we were created and didn't come from zero? Creationism actually makes way more sense than the big bang, which doesn't explain anything at all. As a matter of fact, scientist are now debating the big bang. Imagine that? Science changing positions....

You don't understand anything because you don't even understand a good bit of what science is teaching you will be changed long after your gone. Scientist just recently though Pluto's surface was millions of years older than it was.Things you're calling people an idiot for believing could be proven in 150 years. You don't know jack squat. You're just loud about an opinion. I actually truth seek as well. I love science and discovering incredible things. The difference is I believe it had to be created. You think it came from absolutely nothing.

If you can ever create or destroy matter, I will buy into your propaganda. Re-read your post and tell yourself, I can actually guarantee that. lol.

FWIW, we are not going to "beat" global warming. It's already too late. It's all about managing the consequences now. We're all going to get to see what it is like to live with CO2 at above 600ppm while no human prior to the last century lived with CO2 above 300ppm. We all get to participate in the experiment together so whether you believe it or not is really not relevant. We'll both find out together.

I know where I'm going afterward anyway. Good luck in the darkness I guess.

And you're wrong, you cannot "manage" shit. If the data is showing what you believe it's showing, there's ZERO we can do. Stop misleading because you want to scream you OPINION louder than others.

You're the one that thinks consciousness and existence can happen FROM NOTHING.

If you can ever create or destroy matter, I will buy into your propaganda. Re-read your post and tell yourself, I can actually guarantee that. lol.
You missed a lot of really good posts I made on this subject because you are completely 180 degrees wrong on what I have posted on this subject... but I am certainly not going to rehash it all again.

And I won't be alone in that eternal darkness. You'll be right there with me. We all will. Eventually. Just like it was before you were born. You're not afraid of the endless expanse of time that occurred before you were born so why fear it as "darkness" after you die? That is the ultimate basis for religion, you realize... fear, that is. Fear of something you are already more experienced at than you will ever be of anything else. Not being alive. You did it for countless centuries and you'll do it again just the same. No make-believe friend needed.

Lord Crow - "I hate the one thing thats brought more charity to the world than any other system combined, and discredit it completely. I'd rather live in a world with Atheism, and believe in nothingness and Josef Stalin."

Religion isn't all bad man. If you choose not to believe, then choose it. But stop acting as if an old lady that gives 10% of her income to poverty and her church is some evil walking bigot. I'm ready for the activist fad to pass.

You missed a lot of really good posts I made on this subject because you are completely 180 degrees wrong on what I have posted on this subject... but I am certainly not going to rehash it all again.

And I won't be alone in that eternal darkness. You'll be right there with me. We all will. Eventually. Just like it was before you were born. You're not afraid of the endless expanse of time that occurred before you were born so why fear it as "darkness" after you die? That is the ultimate basis for religion, you realize... fear, that is. Fear of something you are already more experienced at that you will ever be of anything else. Not being alive. You did it for countless centuries and you'll do it again just the same. No make-believe friend needed.

You don't know what it was like before we were born. There you go again making claims you have no way of making.

For a guy that claims he needs "science" you sure are making HUGE leaps about things theres no way you could know.

You don't know what it was like before we were born. There you go again making claims you have no way of making.

For a guy that claims he needs "science" you sure are making HUGE leaps about things theres no way you could know.

And I don't fear death at all. I have faith I'm going to heaven. I feel God, I have no problem saying that at all.

Good deeds are not an excuse for willful ignorance.

What's ignorant about it? For the record, I spent 7 years in college classes arguing idiot atheist professors and gave the class an opportunity to hear the other side. I've been down this road more times than you could ever imagine. There's nothing in your vocabulary that could change my opinion on the matter. I've seen Gods work, I understand something comes from something. I am however, very sorry that you cant see it. Hopefully that will change.

Why don't we go back to talking about how you're going to "manage" the globe and how it heats and cools itself. I feel like you're almost God like, you sure you're not the big guy upstairs testing me?

You don't know what it was like before we were born.
Really, okay, tell me about everything you remember about the spring of 1367 in Denmark? Or what all do you recall about the Ohio river valley in the fall of 3000 BC?

Okay, that is exactly what it will be like in 2157 and 2399. Nothingness.

The state of simply not being. It is not painful nor is it dark. You are not punished in some horrific way in a hellish blaze no more than you were 10,000 years before you were born. You have no terrors of what was so therefore you should have none of what will be long after you are gone. You already have the proof, all the proof that you need of exactly what it will be like after you are dead. You've already done it. Longer than you've done anything else. Simply not be.

You need to study the word agnostic and what it means. You're no man of science so don't pretend it. You make far too many definitive stamens about theoretical things, that's not how science works.
Really, okay, tell me about everything you remember about the spring of 1367 in Denmark? Or what all do you recall about the Ohio river valley in the fall of 3000 BC?

Okay, that is exactly what it will be like in 2157 and 2399. Nothingness.

The state of simply not being. It is not painful nor is it dark. You are not punished in some horrific way in a hellish blaze no more than you were 10,000 years before you were born. You have no terrors of what was so therefore you should have none of what will be long after you are gone. You already have the proof, all the proof that you need of exactly what it will be like after you are dead. You've already done it. Longer than you've done anything else. Simply not be.

I understand your stance, I just don't agree. Were you alive and breathing when you were 2? If there were no pictures or people around to prove this, would you believe you weren't? You don't understand what YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. Why is that such a hard concept for you?

You believe we are biomass, great. That's such a pleasant thought. I'll stick with my God.

Last edited:
And I don't fear death at all. I have faith I'm going to heaven. I feel God, I have no problem saying that at all.
You fear death, my death, as being cast into darkness for all eternity. Of never seeing your loved ones. Of a cold and lonely hell that burns you from the inside out in all manner of tortures because you are taught to ascribe human feelings and emotions to death when there are none. When you are dead there is no darkness no moreso than there is no light. Do you lay awake at night terrified because you were not with your loved ones 10,000 years ago? So fundamentally how is that any different than 10,000 years from now? They are exactly the same.

Lord why the hell haven't you spoke on my Pluto thread? I bet we'd find an agreement there and no one cares so give it a bump for an old 90's teen that believes in God. I'm a terrible person.

You fear death, my death, as being cast into darkness for all eternity. Of never seeing your loved ones. Of a cold and lonely hell that burns you from the inside out in all manner of tortures because you are taught to ascribe human feelings and emotions to death when there are none. When you are dead there is no darkness no moreso than there is no light. Do you lay awake a night terrified because you were not with your loved ones 10,000 years ago? So fundamentally how is that any different than 10,000 years from now? They are exactly the same.

Ah, you spoke on hell. Gonna keep this as negative as possible huh? Never mind all the good that Judaea christian philosophy speaks on. Typical move, and it's why I like guys like Hitchens over people like you, no offense. He actually doesn't expose his hatred and challenges my thinking in ways others can't. Of course, he always makes me stronger in my faith, so I really enjoy it. I miss that guy. Hitchens did a lot of harm to a lot of people, but he's one of the great authors in history.

Anyway, come on Lord. I'm up early as hell and don't have long. How the hell are you going to "manage" global warming. Don't use anything theoretical. Let's remain somewhat practical here,"Mr. Man-o-science", how the hell do we manage the globe in this short time we have left?

If you view a planet or a star from a distance you are not seeing it as it actually is. You're seeing it from a point of view of how long it took that light to reach you. Back in time, if you will.

So if you want to look at it romantically then you will always be alive. Somewhere in the vast reaches of the galaxy across an ocean of time you will always be there if there is anyone to look. In that way at least we can always be with our families for all eternity.

Now, I'm not familiar with all of these claims but I know that several in here are complete bs.

1970: There was never anything resembling a scientific consensus that we were approaching an ice age. There was not even anything approaching a majority of climate scientists predicting an ice age. In the 1970s, the warming effect of greenhouse gases was well understood and accepted by climate scientists. A minority of climate scientists predicted that the cooling effect of particulate pollution - which is also real, well understood, and accepted - would be stronger than the warming effect of GHGs. Their ideas were found to be be wrong, and the idea of particulate pollution leading to global cooling was abandoned.

1999: This appears to be completely bogus. In 1999 there was an off the cuff statement that, regrettably, was later included in an IPCC report saying that Himalayan Glaciers would be gone by the year 2035. Not only is the statement in the comic incorrect about the time span, there was never a single piece of published research that predicted this.

2008: A single researcher published a model predicting that the arctic could be ice-free by 2013. Other researchers' models predicted anywhere from 2040 to 2100 for a totally ice free arctic. Attempting to discredit an entire field of science by citing the worst case scenario of a single outlier model is beyond disingenuous.

2007/2012: Hurricane formation is an incredibly complex problem to solve. If some researchers believe we'll increase and others believe we'll decrease, this says nothing about whether the Earth is or is not warming and what the cause of that warming is. No one has claimed a scientific consensus on the long term effect of global warming on hurricane formation.

Yes, there was a Global Cooling scare in the 70's. At the same time, we were told that we would run out of fossil fuels in a few short decades (which is also wrong as we sit on a glut of natural gas and have plenty of coal 30 years later). The implication was that we might freeze to death.

I have no problem with the climate data (assuming that it hasn't been manipulated like happened in Britain). Its the dire forecasts that prove to be wrong over and over that I have a problem with.
Facebook_meme_Global_Cooling_11.gif

Last edited:
First, that cover on the left is a fake. It's a photoshopped version of a 2007 cover.
1101070409_400.jpg

Second of all, whatever any media said is irrelevant to what the science said. And there was never anything more than a minority of climate scientists that predicted the cooling effect of particulates would outweigh the warming effect of GHGs. You can go back and look at the papers that were published then. Most predict warming.

I clearly remember dire global cooling predictions in the 70's. I don't think that the media just made it up. They got it from the same eggheads that are predicting new end of days scenarios regarding warming. The data is probably right but their predictions are terribly inaccurate.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/02/the-1970s-global-cooling-alarmism.html

References:

1970 - Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age - Scientists See Ice Age In the Future (The Washington Post, January 11, 1970)
1970 - Is Mankind Manufacturing a New Ice Age for Itself? (L.A. Times, January 15, 1970)
1970 - New Ice Age May Descend On Man (Sumter Daily Item, January 26, 1970)
1970 - Pollution Prospect A Chilling One (The Argus-Press, January 26, 1970)
1970 - Pollution's 2-way 'Freeze' On Society (Middlesboro Daily News, January 28, 1970)
1970 - Cold Facts About Pollution (The Southeast Missourian, January 29, 1970)
1970 - Pollution Could Cause Ice Age, Agency Reports (St. Petersburg Times, March 4, 1970)
1970 - Scientist predicts a new ice age by 21st century (The Boston Globe, April 16, 1970)
1970 - Pollution Called Ice Age Threat (St. Petersburg Times, June 26, 1970)
1970 - U.S. and Soviet Press Studies of a Colder Arctic (The New York Times, July 18, 1970)
1970 - Dirt Will Bring New Ice Age (The Sydney Morning Herald, October 19, 1970)
1971 - Ice Age Refugee Dies Underground (Montreal Gazette, Febuary 17, 1971)
1971 - Pollution Might Lead To Another Ice Age (The Schenectady Gazette, March 22, 1971)
1971 - Pollution May Bring Ice Age - Scientist Rites Risk (The Windsor Star, March 23, 1971)
1971 - U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming (The Washington Post, July 9, 1971)
1971 - Ice Age Around the Corner (Chicago Tribune, July 10, 1971)
1971 - New Ice Age Coming - It's Already Getting Colder (L.A. Times, October 24, 1971)
1971 - Another Ice Age? Pollution Blocking Sunlight (The Day, November 1, 1971)
1971 - Air Pollution Could Bring An Ice Age (Harlan Daily Enterprise, November 4, 1971)
1972 - Air pollution may cause ice age (Free-Lance Star, February 3, 1972)
1972 - Scientist Says New ice Age Coming (The Ledger, February 13, 1972)
1972 - Ice Age Cometh For Dicey Times (The Sun, May 29, 1972)
1972 - Ice Age Coming (Deseret News, September 8, 1972)
1972 - There's a new Ice Age coming! (The Windsor Star, September 9, 1972)
1972 - Scientist predicts new ice age (Free-Lance Star, September 11, 1972)
1972 - British Expert on Climate Change Says New Ice Age Creeping Over Northern Hemisphere (Lewiston Evening Journal, September 11, 1972)
1972 - Climate Seen Cooling For Return Of Ice Age (The Portsmouth Times, ‎September 11, 1972‎)
1972 - New Ice Age Slipping Over North (The Press-Courier, September 11, 1972)
1972 - Beginning of new ice age (The Canberra Times, September 12, 1972)
1972 - Ice Age Begins A New Assault In North (The Age, September 12, 1972)
1972 - Weather To Get Colder (Montreal Gazette, ‎September 12, 1972‎)
1972 - British climate expert predicts new Ice Age (The Christian Science Monitor, September 23, 1972)
1972 - Scientist Sees Chilling Signs of New Ice Age (L.A. Times, September 24, 1972)
1972 - Science: Another Ice Age? (Time Magazine, November 13, 1972)
1972 - Geologist at Case Traces Long Winters - Sees Ice Age in 20 Years (Youngstown Vindicator, December 13, 1972)
1972 - Ice Age On Its Way, Scientist Says (Toledo Blade, December 13, 1972)
1972 - Ice Age Predicted In About 200 Years (The Portsmouth Times, December 14, 1972)
1973 - New Ice Age coming? (Popular Science, January 1973)
1973 - The Ice Age Cometh (The Saturday Review, March 24, 1973)
1973 - Believe new ice age is coming (The Bryan Times, March 31, 1973)
1973 - 'Man-made Ice Age' Worries Scientists (The Free Lance-Star, June 22, 1973)
1973 - Fear Of Man-made Ice Age (The Spartanburg Herald, June 28, 1973)
1973 - Possibility Of Ice Age Worries The Scientists (The Argus-Press, November 12, 1973)
1973 - Weather-watchers think another ice age may be on the way (The Christian Science Monitor, December 11, 1973)
1974 - Ominous Changes in the World's Weather (PDF) (Fortune Magazine, February 1974)
1974 - Atmospheric Dirt: Ice Age Coming?‎ (Pittsburgh Press, February 28, 1974)
1974 - Support for theory of a cooling world (The Canberra Times, May 16, 1974)

Last edited:
1975 - Climate Changes Called Ominous (The New York Times, January 19, 1975)
1975 - Climate Change: Chilling Possibilities (Science News, March 1, 1975)
1975 - B-r-r-r-r: New Ice Age on way soon? (Chicago Tribune, March 2, 1975)
1975 - Cooling Trends Arouse Fear That New Ice Age Coming (Eugene Register-Guard, ‎March 2, 1975‎)
1975 - Is Another Ice Age Due? Arctic Ice Expands In Last Decade (Youngstown Vindicator, ‎March 2, 1975‎)
1975 - Is Earth Headed For Another Ice Age? (Reading Eagle, March 2, 1975)
1975 - New Ice Age Dawning? Significant Shift In Climate Seen (Times Daily, ‎March 2, 1975‎)
1975 - There's Troublesome Weather Ahead (Tri City Herald, ‎March 2, 1975‎)
1975 - Is Earth Doomed To Live Through Another Ice Age? (The Robesonian, ‎March 3, 1975‎)
1975 - The Ice Age cometh: the system that controls our climate (Chicago Tribune, April 13, 1975)
1975 - The Cooling World (Newsweek, April 28, 1975)
1975 - Cooling trend may signal coming of another Ice Age (The Sun, May 16, 1975)
1975 - Scientists Ask Why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead (PDF) (The New York Times, May 21, 1975)
1975 - Summer of A New Ice Age (The Age, June 5, 1975)
1975 - In the Grip of a New Ice Age? (International Wildlife, July-August, 1975)
1975 - Experts ponder another ice age (The Spokesman-Review, September 8, 1975)
1975 - Oil Spill Could Cause New Ice Age (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, December 11, 1975)
1976 - Deadly Harvest [Film] (Starring: Kim Cattrall, Clint Walker, 1976)
1976 - The Cooling: Has the Next Ice Age Already Begun? [Book] (Lowell Ponte, 1976)
1976 - Ice Age Predicted (Reading Eagle, January 22, 1976)
1976 - Ice Age Predicted In Century (Bangor Daily News, January 22, 1976)
1976 - It's Going To Get Chilly About 125 Years From Now (Sarasota Herald-Tribune, January 23, 1976)
1976 - Worrisome CIA Report; Even U.S. Farms May be Hit by Cooling Trend (U.S. News & World Report, May 31, 1976)
1977 - Blizzard - What Happens if it Doesn't Stop? [Book] (George Stone, 1977)
1977 - The Weather Conspiracy: The Coming of the New Ice Age [Book] (The Impact Team, 1977)
1977 - The Ice Age Cometh... (New York Magazine, January 31, 1977)
1977 - The Big Freeze (Time Magazine, January 31, 1977)
1977 - Has The Ice Age Cometh Again? (Calgary Herald, February 1, 1977)
1977 - Space Mirrors Proposed To Prevent Crop Freezes (Bangor Daily News, February 7, 1977)
1977 - We Will Freeze in the Dark (Capital Cities Communications Documentary, Host: Nancy Dickerson, April 12, 1977)
1978 - Ice! [Book] (Arnold Federbush, 1978)
1978 - The New Ice Age [Book] (Henry Gilfond, 1978)
1978 - Winter May Be Colder Than In Last Ice Age (Deseret News, January 2, 1978)
1978 - Current Winters Seen Colder Than In Ice Age‎ (The Telegraph, January 3, 1978)
1978 - Winter Temperatures Colder Than Last Ice Age (Eugene Register-Guard, Eugene Register-Guard, January 3, 1978)
1978 - International Team of Specialists Finds No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend in Northern Hemisphere (The New York Times, January 5, 1978)
1978 - Little Ice Age: Severe winters and cool summers ahead (Calgary Herald, January 10, 1978)
1978 - Winters Will Get Colder, 'we're Entering Little Ice Age' (Daily Record, January 10, 1978)
1978 - Geologist Says Winters Getting Colder (Middlesboro Daily News, January 16, 1978)
1978 - It's Going To Get Colder (Boca Raton News, ‎January 17, 1978‎)
1978 - Another Ice Age? (Kentucky New Era, February 12, 1978)
1978 - Another Ice Age? (Reading Eagle, ‎February 13, 1978‎)
1978 - The Coming Ice Age (In Search Of TV Show, Season 2, Episode 23, Host: Leonard Nimoy, May 1978)
1978 - An Ice Age Is Coming Weather Expert Fears (Milwaukee Sentinel, November 17, 1978)
1979 - A Choice of Catastrophes - The Disasters That Threaten Our World [Book] (Isaac Asimov, 1979)
1979 - The Sixth Winter [Book] (John R. Gribbin, 1979)
1979 - The New Ice Age Cometh (The Age, January 16, 1979)
1979 - Ice Age Building Up (Daily Record, June 5, 1979)
1979 - Large Glacial Buildup Could Mean Ice Age (Daily Chronicle, June 5, 1979)
1979 - Ice Age On Its Way (Lewiston Morning Tribune, June 7, 1979)
1979 - Get Ready to Freeze (Daily Chronicle, October 12, 1979)
1979 - New ice age almost upon us? (The Christian Science Monitor, November 14, 1979)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT