ADVERTISEMENT

Givony post Pro Day/Combine Draft predictions: No Oscar, Reeves or Chris

Pilgrim is confirming what I have heard/read many times, which is that Chris Livingston and his camp were not happy with how Chris was used.

Now, my thinking is that they are referring to Cal's offense, but the thing that pisses me off is, Cal catered to him by playing him exclusively at the 3, instead of the 4, which us where he should have been playing. He played him at the 3, at tge expense of what was best for the team.

Did Klutch just want Cal to give CL the green light to fire shots at will like BJ Boston did?

This is why you can’t do "players first". Nothing will ever be good enough for many of these kids and when they don't get what they want, they blast you on their way out the door.

And players making personal choices really has little to do with the coach. I guess you could say he shouldn't have brought in a top flight player that will challenge him for playing time but really? What? Not sure how Reeves apparently wanting to 'be the man' reflects at all on Cal. It's like you guys are so frustrated that literally anything you perceive as a negative is the direct fault of Cal no matter how small it is.

Maybe try some stress balls? Y'all might need a bite guard at night too.
Where I fault Cal is not replacing these guys when he the chance.He waited around and now nothing is left but trash.

I didn’t say playing time I said shot attempts . Maybe he feels like Cal will want the ball in Dillingham and Dj hands Heavy.

Again idk what Memphis or Illinois look like . It could be numerous reason why he leaves . He could dislike Cals system which wouldn’t shock me .
Except.....Reeves led the team in shots last year (404) despite being 5th in minutes. That is the most by 1 player at UK since 17-18 (Knox). That 404fga in 949min is 17.0 per 40min. That is the 2nd highest rate of shots (1st is Monk) since Cal came to UK.
So just how many more shots does Reeves want (in your mind)?

Lotta info in here and thanks for it …but wow depressing
That’s the current state of Kentucky basketball, lackluster results, a coach unwilling to change, players who got catered to now wanting to not come back, but they come back to duke, unc and Kansas. Kentucky basketball is depression at this point

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Kobe Brown gonna stay in? If we aren't getting CL and Oscar back, give me that dude and another shooter and I would be ecstatic.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
And players making personal choices really has little to do with the coach. I guess you could say he shouldn't have brought in a top flight player that will challenge him for playing time but really? What? Not sure how Reeves apparently wanting to 'be the man' reflects at all on Cal. It's like you guys are so frustrated that literally anything you perceive as a negative is the direct fault of Cal no matter how small it is.

Maybe try some stress balls? Y'all might need a bite guard at night too.
Lol I’m not blaming Cal for Reeves possibly leaving .

Reactions: thedahc
Except.....Reeves led the team in shots last year (404) despite being 5th in minutes. That is the most by 1 player at UK since 17-18 (Knox). That 404fga in 949min is 17.0 per 40min. That is the 2nd highest rate of shots (1st is Monk) since Cal came to UK.
So just how many more shots does Reeves want (in your mind)?
That was last years team . This years team is expected to have way more guys that can create for themselves . I mean this board seems to believe Cal guarantees the top ranked freshman minutes and touches who is to say Reeves isn’t looking at that ?

But he hasn’t left yet so we will see.

Cal should get blamed for waiting until the last minute though, and now he is screwed
It’s tough . We have reached out to a few . Maybe they weren’t interested due to the roster uncertainty. Also we have 3 scorers coming in . That has to be a tough sell for guys who was the guy on their team previously. That’s why it would have been nice to get the Johnson guy from San Diego St because he didn’t need touches. Cal tried to get him just failed at it .

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
It’s tough . We have reached out to a few . Maybe they weren’t interested due to the roster uncertainty. Also we have 3 scorers coming in . That has to be a tough sell for guys who was the guy on their team previously. That’s why it would have been nice to get the Johnson guy from San Diego St because he didn’t need touches. Cal tried to get him just failed at it .
I hope I’m wrong but the freshman aren’t going to be as good as lot of people expect them to be, that’s why getting pieces like reeves Oscar etc back was important. Edwards should be good, Wagner I know will be tough, after that dillingham and bradshaw are wild cards, and with bradshaw I really don’t know what to expect

I hope I’m wrong but the freshman aren’t going to be as good as lot of people expect them to be, that’s why getting pieces like reeves Oscar etc back was important. Edwards should be good, Wagner I know will be tough, after that dillingham and bradshaw are wild cards, and with bradshaw I really don’t know what to expect
I am definitely I’m with you on this . Edwards and Wagner will be good but that still comes with growing pains . I don’t see them killing it out of the gate . I’m high on Rob but I can see the fanbase having a love and hate relationship with his style of play . I do think he is kind of slept on at this point . I believe Bradshaw is a big question mark . Hopefully he hasn’t bought into the hype of his ranking because that seems more based off potential instead of actual production . I think Reed will be good for us but I’m not sure what to expect year one because I don’t think he views himself as one and done .

I thought Livingston could’ve benefited by coming back another year the kid has a lot of potential but it seems he has some people giving him bad advice.

Yawn …we all knew it.
Learn how to speak Chinese or get back to Kentucky and a nice NIL package and win #9 with the Magnificent 7 and improve your game and next seasons draft stock.
Even if all three come back, you really think THIS Calipari is winning #9? Not a chance. The guy handcuffs himself at every opportunity.

Sexy The Legend Of Zelda GIF by Mashed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT