ADVERTISEMENT

Givony post Pro Day/Combine Draft predictions: No Oscar, Reeves or Chris

Yawn …we all knew it.
Learn how to speak Chinese or get back to Kentucky and a nice NIL package and win #9 with the Magnificent 7 and improve your game and next seasons draft stock.

Reactions: delk4three
I can't figure out the Chris Livingston ordeal. He is taking one hell of a risk by staying in and it looks like that's what he's going to do. I think Klutch is going to screw Chris over here.

It's too bad. Wagner, Reeves, edwards, Livingston and Bradshaw would be a good 5 IMO.

I just don't think it will work if all 3 were to return. Too many egos. I would be happy with reeves and Oscar and one bench player or two. Idk who those people are though.

It's too bad. Wagner, Reeves, edwards, Livingston and Bradshaw would be a good 5 IMO.

I just don't think it will work if all 3 were to return. Too many egos. I would be happy with reeves and Oscar and one bench player or two. Idk who those people are though.
Lol Cal had to platoon in 2015 and was 2 wins from a perfect season.
Dont give me that.

If Chris doesn’t come back I’m not shocked but I thought it would be through the transfer portal .

A lot of guys seem to bet on themselves these days undrafted or not . Buying into the hype they got all through high school has killed most of these guys mentally .
Doubt NIL will be much better in basketball outside Kentucky.

If Chris doesn’t come back I’m not shocked but I thought it would be through the transfer portal .

A lot of guys seem to bet on themselves these days undrafted or not . Buying into the hype they got all through high school has killed most of these guys mentally .
He never entered the portal right? So it's either UK or sit out a year or go undrafted/persue professional opportunities abroad/gleague.

Livingston is a head scratcher... And Klutch is probably the top, and I doubt they are going to lead him astray. So maybe they have a deal with some team behind the scenes.. I would have thought he would have put his name in the portal, just to leave all his options open.

Unless Calipari draws a straight flush today, I am afraid its just another bad sign of the trajectory of our program.

I think it could work if all 3 came back, but the culture at UK would need to drastically change overnight and all those guys would have to be willing to sacrifice. LOL, that ain't happening.

The present culture is all about individual goals and accomplishments, so I highly doubt Chris, Edwards and Bradshaw could coexist.

However, if Chris was smart, he would pull out of the draft, he’s not getting drafted. If he were to do that, he has 2 options, the GL and UK. I know which one I would choose. Heck, he would have to share time at the 3 in the GL too, so he needs to get over it.

My low-confidence prediction:

Reeves will return
Livingston will return
Oscar is gone.
Cal will pick up one more in portal.

Dont give me that.
First of all, Cal already stated he will never platoon again.
2nd of all, that team wouldn’t be close to deep enough to platoon.

Yeah I meant at the end of the season I thought that’s what he would do .

But yeah as of now it’s either stay in the draft or Kentucky .
He can’t go to the GL? I thought that was still an option.

Problem for Chris is, he still has to battle for time in the GL, or wherever he goes. He’s not going to find a place where he is the only 3 on the roster and playing time is guaranteed.

He damn sure isn't going to find that on an NBA team either. He better get used to it.

Reactions: delk4three
Dont give me that.
I think there are too many egos on this upcoming team if all three return to make everyone happy. We just don’t need the team to split like they did a few years ago.

He can’t go to the GL? I thought that was still an option.

Problem for Chris is, he still has to battle for time in the GL, or wherever he goes. He’s not going to find a place where he is the only 3 on the roster and playing time is guaranteed.

He damn sure isn't going to find that on an NBA team either. He better get used to it.
He can go to the Gleague if he’s drafted by a team . I don’t think he could join GLeague Ignite but I’m not sure how all of that works at this point .

Reactions: kyjeff1
I mean that shouldn’t be the deal breaker on if you defend Cal or not . He has done way more stuff where you could say “I don’t now how you could defend Cal at this point”.
To me it’s a final gut punch on top of many other things than just the reeves issues, the reeves thing the culmination of everything

It’s not all that shocking in this climate or basketball . I’m not sure how Memphis class looks but if he feels like he would get more shots at Memphis or Illinois then it makes sense .
We have 7 players.Playing time wouldn't be a problem.

We have 7 players.Playing time wouldn't be a problem.
I didn’t say playing time I said shot attempts . Maybe he feels like Cal will want the ball in Dillingham and Dj hands Heavy.

Again idk what Memphis or Illinois look like . It could be numerous reasons why he leaves . He could dislike Cals system which wouldn’t shock me .

Last edited:
Reactions: FitchandMurray29
I mean that shouldn’t be the deal breaker on if you defend Cal or not . He has done way more stuff where you could say “I don’t now how you could defend Cal at this point”.
And players making personal choices really has little to do with the coach. I guess you could say he shouldn't have brought in a top flight player that will challenge him for playing time but really? What? Not sure how Reeves apparently wanting to 'be the man' reflects at all on Cal. It's like you guys are so frustrated that literally anything you perceive as a negative is the direct fault of Cal no matter how small it is.

Maybe try some stress balls? Y'all might need a bite guard at night too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT