ADVERTISEMENT

Givony has updated his draft picks............

Also, how is Olivier Sarr's brother the projected #1 pick when he averaged 9 points and 4 rebounds for a team in Australia. Is the draft just that weak this year?
Hopefully he is a hell of a lot better than Olivier was. If he is as weak and frail as his brother he won’t do anything in the league. They can’t play defense anymore without a foul, but he still has to bang inside some. This draft is weak as hell, I mean honestly Sheppard and Dillingham would be fringe lottery picks in most deeper drafts. They are top 5 in this one easy. I’m not a GM or talent scout for a reason, but if I was drafting I’d feel more comfortable taking Dalton Knecht 2-3-4-5 over anyone else.

It is pretty straightforward.

Many posters are saying they're only going high because the draft is weak. Not true. Rob is too 5 most years. Reed is lottery most years
I think both would be late lottery normally. Rob doesn’t have the size they look for generally, definitely has the talent but he is gonna have to guard some big guards in the league and he’s defense isn’t known for being great.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Rob measuring 6'1 without shoes vs listed at 6'3 at UK in shoes is the dumbest thing ever. 6'1 barefoot means 6'2 or more in shoes. They're going to drop a guy that dynamic over an inch?

If it was someone listed as a 6'10 center who's really 6'7, then sure I get it. Robs calling card has never been his size.
That’s the reason he would be late lottery most years. His size and frame just isn’t what they look for in top flight guards. Obviously he has the talent and will excel in NBA space. He also shoots way better than most thought. He could easily be a Kyrie level player IMO, but he will have to guard some big guards. If he had John Wall Size he would easily be a number 1 pick In this draft. May not matter as Kyrie is only 6’2” and has been one of the best guards in the league his entire career. I think Dillingham maybe a little more athletic too. Irving went 1 overall so it’s not a stretch to pick Rob that high though.

How can top 5 picks be under sold ? I think you do not understand underselling. What do you expect scouts to say "they should go 1/2 in the draft ? LOL. Underselling would be saying "he has top 5 talent, but I see him going 15th or so." Nobody has them out of the top 10.
Yall are coming at if from different angles.

Hopefully he is a hell of a lot better than Olivier was. If he is as weak and frail as his brother he won’t do anything in the league. They can’t play defense anymore without a foul, but he still has to bang inside some. This draft is weak as hell, I mean honestly Sheppard and Dillingham would be fringe lottery picks in most deeper drafts. They are top 5 in this one easy. I’m not a GM or talent scout for a reason, but if I was drafting I’d feel more comfortable taking Dalton Knecht 2-3-4-5 over anyone else.
Idk people are running this idea that this draft is super weak I just don't see it that way I think there are a few really good players down the road and no way Knecht has a better nba career than Reed or Rob abdolutely not. I actually think he could struggle some.

You could be right I guess we will just have to see. I really think both of them are going to be in the upper echelon of Kentucky guards in the league and that is quite the statement. Both of them will excell due to different attributes in their games and I think it is very interesting.

Weak draft
It’s not just a weak draft, the nba drafts on what if potential not instant success or college stats (a lot of those dudes go later), it’s why a lot fail. It’s also why the lottery teams pretty much stay the same every year

Reed #3 to the Rockets and Rob #4 to the Spurs. For those Arkansas fans lurking around just a reminder that Cal can take top talent and still lose.
....And still lose ten games, and lost in the first round of the conference tournament, and the first round of the NCAA Tournament against Oakland.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
That’s the reason he would be late lottery most years. His size and frame just isn’t what they look for in top flight guards. Obviously he has the talent and will excel in NBA space. He also shoots way better than most thought. He could easily be a Kyrie level player IMO, but he will have to guard some big guards. If he had John Wall Size he would easily be a number 1 pick In this draft. May not matter as Kyrie is only 6’2” and has been one of the best guards in the league his entire career. I think Dillingham maybe a little more athletic too. Irving went 1 overall so it’s not a stretch to pick Rob that high though.

I look at Rob as a diet Allen Iverson. And Iverson was GENEROUSLY listed at 6'0 (more like 5'10) whereas Rob will be listed at a legit 6'2.

I think both would be late lottery normally. Rob doesn’t have the size they look for generally, definitely has the talent but he is gonna have to guard some big guards in the league and he’s defense isn’t known for being great.

He is a bit short but has good length to compensate. I think he was, by a good measure, the best collegiate draft prospect. He just has things most don't and he has them in spades.

Reactions: Cat in ga
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT