ADVERTISEMENT

Give me Sean Miller

I am. Every other program does it. The ncaa doesn’t care. College athletics are a nice guys finish last competition.

I’m to the point that i’m LOOKING for a guy that’s proven they’re willing to get their hands dirty. I think Cal was that guy and then the ncaa and the media neutered him. Made him a afraid to take a leak without sending them the proper documentation to make sure it was okay.

If anything i’d only hesitate on Miller because of what Ralph Dalton said. He’s a cal guy, and that means cal would still have influence. Continueing to be “players first” would be a problem.
You DO realize the NCAA will salivate at a chance to hammer us right? Because we all know that will happen.

Doesn't matter what other schools have gotten away with. Kentucky is held accountable.

Reactions: Montana81
You DO realize the NCAA will salivate at a chance to hammer us right? Because we all know that will happen.

Doesn't matter what other schools have gotten away with. Kentucky is held accountable.

Then we lawyer up like Kansas and UNC did. They’ve shown they’re terrified and powerless when programs do that. Hell, Louisville is where they are now because they didn’t do that. And look at the punishments the ncaa actually is handing out. Louisville cheated again WHILE ON PROBATION and got nothing but a bs fine.

I’m just not afraid of them anymore. And i don’t think any power 5 program with money should be. Mid and low majors? Yeah. They’ll still go after them.

The people who know and from things I’ve heard it’s pretty clear Scott Drew is going to get the first and last call, as long as Mitch B is AD.

-still young 52yo with 21+ years of HC experience
-Sees eye to eye with Mitch B
-probably hitting his prime
-Palatable to fan base and Administration
-Won a national championship at Baylor (nothing left to prove there)
-plays an exciting brand of guard oriented basketball
-his teams play no middle defense which ice and deny screens (which force the other team to play his pace/brand of basketball unlike John Calipari who thinks he’s the damn style bender)
-experience within the Big 12 which might be the only conference tougher than the SEC so it’s an easy transition
-has won pretty much >20 games each season after probation
-can recruit Texas
-Waco is apparently a miserable town and what he’s been able to do at Baylor he can do 2x better at UK

If I were AD id rather roll the dice with Nate Oats but I can fault the pick. It’s not a sexy pick but it’s a safe pick and it distances you from Calipari. Kyle Tucker, Branham, Pilgrim have all pretty much confirmed Drew would be the call. Let’s pray he says yes because I have a feeling holtman gets the call after that.

Former point guard, son of a legendary coach and has Xavier in the Sweet 16 against a beatable Texas team. He's free from NCAA oversight, wasn't charged with any major penalties so he doesn't have anything hanging over his head. He's good to go.
Lol. Oats light

Reactions: MakinMusic
i like drew but as for miller noy winning it all Arizona. roy williams couldnt never win the big one at kansas but he won twice when he changed scenes to Caralina.

This is such a short-sighted and simplistic view, and flawed logic.

You want a coach who can consistently put you in a position. Miller will get over the hump eventually. You’re eliminating almost every coach from consideration based on that criteria.

right. Cal has been to 2 FF in 15 call pledge seasons when UK hired him. So he won an extra game in the tournament once. Why is that a better hire than Miller?

Yes, nearly every coach should be eliminated when searching for a Kentucky head coach.

Reactions: electricat2
This is such a short-sighted and simplistic view, and flawed logic.

You want a coach who can consistently put you in a position. Miller will get over the hump eventually. You’re eliminating almost every coach from consideration based on that criteria.

right. Cal has been to 2 FF in 15 call pledge seasons when UK hired him. So he won an extra game in the tournament once. Why is that a better hire than Miller?
Yes. Cal took UMass to the FF. UMass. Never won anything before. Even with Dr J.

Never won anything after he left.

Then Cal restored an awful Memphis team to greatness.

Then he completely turned UK around in one season.

Miller has never done anything close.

He did cheat to win and still didn’t.

Maybe he runs a “modern offense”?

I can’t tell.

He’s a loser no matter if it’s modern or old fashioned.

We're just scrolling down the list I see.

Why don't you take a look at his last 3 years at Arizona...3 tourney misses in a row. Isn't that what you're fed up with or are you just throwing darts at a map now

His AZ team lost 2 Elite 8 classic one OT game against Wisconsin. Happened to run into one of the countries best teams twice in their region. He would do great at UK.
If we are giving credit for close losses in the elite 8 then why do we have a problem with Cal?

Yes. Cal took UMass to the FF. UMass. Never won anything before. Even with Dr J.

Never won anything after he left.

Then Cal restored an awful Memphis team to greatness.

Then he completely turned UK around in one season.

Miller has never done anything close.

He did cheat to win and still didn’t.

Maybe he runs a “modern offense”?

I can’t tell.

He’s a loser no matter if it’s modern or old fashioned
100% this

54yo
73% winning
won >400 games
won average 26 games last 12 yrs (excluding covid yr)
27-9 this yr. in very good yr for Big East

4 Sweet 16
4 Elite 8 (with a chance at one more)

8 top-10 recruiting classes
6 lotto picks including #1/2/4/6

Anyone who thinks his resume isn’t good does not know basketball.

Yes he got caught doing something that is now pretty much legal under NIL. The truth is that most high major programs including the coach of your favorite team has done stuff to get players on campus. You can be naive to it but it’s only a problem if you’re caught. Otherwise it’s the cost of doing business.

This all being said, Miller won’t be the coach but he does deserve to be in the conversation. He’s won more than guys like Oats and Muss. Miller isn’t your first few calls but he should be on the list. But after Calipari, I don’t think we want to hire his basically his little brother. We probably want to get some distance from cal. Feel very confident now that Scott Drew will be the pick.
Anyone who thinks Kentucky would hire him doesn’t know Mitch

I'm pretty sure the fanbase won't be consulted or even considered when the time comes to make a new hire. The elite level booster will get a say and Calipari WILL recommend Miller. That's going to happen. So, prepare yourself.

Barnhart apparently thinks Drew is #1 on the list and I'm actually fine with that, IF he will come to Lexington. No guarantee he wants the intense spotlight of UK. he has turned down some offers recently though. Of course none of them were UK.

I think Tommy Lloyd may get a look as well. He's really accomplished nothing yet but, he's a reasonably safe hire if untested.

Miller would be able to recruit at UK on a level he couldn't at Arizona and certainly not at Xavier. Plus, UK has a very interactive compliance dept. So, the checks and balances are in place. But, honestly what are we complying with in 2023?

Reactions: DaProdigy23
The flavor of the month will be some dude from this tournament. Maybe danny Hurley

I'm pretty sure the fanbase won't be consulted or even considered when the time comes to make a new hire. The elite level booster will get a say and Calipari WILL recommend Miller. That's going to happen. So, prepare yourself.

Barnhart apparently thinks Drew is #1 on the list and I'm actually fine with that, IF he will come to Lexington. No guarantee he wants the intense spotlight of UK. he has turned down some offers recently though. Of course none of them were UK.

I think Tommy Lloyd may get a look as well. He's really accomplished nothing yet but, he's a reasonably safe hire if untested.

Miller would be able to recruit at UK on a level he couldn't at Arizona and certainly not at Xavier. Plus, UK has a very interactive compliance dept. So, the checks and balances are in place. But, honestly what are we complying with in 2023?
Smart post

I know it would probably be a waste of time, but I would give Jay Wright a call. If he said no I'd call him again. Persistence is how C. M. Newton got Pitino. But I like Drew too, Musselman would get a call, maybe Oats, I think he relies on the 3 too much though. One coach no one's mentioned that has done a good job is Buzz Williams, I think he would do a good job here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT