ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia

I like these and I cannot lie.

Peach_Emoji.png

Went to Sea Island one time for a vacation, was meh. Prefer South Carolina. Ditto for Savannah:

Charleston SC >>>>> than Savannah

To be fair, HS football is unreal in Georgia. Would bet the All Metro Atlanta team would beat the Ky all stars by five TDs most years. The number of D1 players in the Atlanta area alone is ridiculous.

Stupid long ass state.

Atlanta should tear down every street and bridge and overpass and start over.

It’s hot and humid AF all the time.

Just a turrible state. Hope they secede again.

Hate Atlanta. I have severe driving anxiety n mountains and big cities and hate driving through i24 east through Chattanooga and then south through Atlanta.

Went to Sea Island one time for a vacation, was meh. Prefer South Carolina. Ditto for Savannah:

To be fair, HS football is unreal in Georgia. Would bet the All Metro Atlanta team would beat the Ky all stars by five TDs most years. The number of D1 players in the Atlanta area alone is ridiculous.
Same as in Florida. A few years ago there were like 30 division one players just in the Hillsborough county ( Tampa ) area

Reactions: Tskware
The only saving grace of the 6 hours of a$$ numbing drive time on I-75 through Georgia is there are two Buc-ee’s on the route.

Counterpoint: Chic-fil-A
Four good things to come out of Georgia: Chick-fil-a, Coca Cola, So So Def, and I-75.
I like these and I cannot lie.

Peach_Emoji.png
Most of the ones I’ve seen in GA have many more dimples
The only saving grace of the 6 hours of a$$ numbing drive time on I-75 through Georgia is there are two Buc-ee’s on the route.
Yup. Florida is longer but at least some beach or Miami is at the end. The only things at the ends of Georgia are Tennessee and the worst parts of Florida.

If South Carolina was the same size as Georgia, it would take 12 hours to get through it, what with their clogged, archaic and crumbling interstate system. Going back and forth from South Florida to East TN, the SC portion is by far the worst stretch for us. When you are approaching the Savannah River heading north on 95, there is a sign that says "congested area ahead." It's really talking about the entire touching state of South Carolina. 😐

If South Carolina was the same size as Georgia, it would take 12 hours to get through it, what with their clogged, archaic and crumbling interstate system. Going back and forth from South Florida to East TN, the SC portion is by far the worst stretch for us. When you are approaching the Savannah River heading north on 95, there is a sign that says "congested area ahead." It's really talking about the entire touching state of South Carolina. 😐
Good god I hates that drive! And I-26 in N.C. isn't much better. It's been under construction for what seems like 30 years

Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte....all interstate system cluster F's. But give and take in terms of visiting w/ a ton of events/activities to choose from. Note..."visit",

I love hearing Kentuckians bash other states when 95% of the other states feel the same about KY as you’re complaining about the amazingly awesome city of Atlanta. Yea it’s sucks to drive through, just like most any major city.

Jesus, we get it, getting around Florence is easier than Atlanta, stay in Florence you touching homebody, never leave my comfort zone ‘necks. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
Good god I hates that drive! And I-26 in N.C. isn't much better. It's been under construction for what seems like 30 years
When we left East TN after my MIL's surgery in late February, they had both I-26 eastbound lanes closed and routed traffic through Hendersonville. It took an hour and 45 minutes to get through, no doubt in part to some of the reroute going by Hendersonville HS at 7:30 AM where there is already heavy traffic with buses and students.

Reactions: ace on the river
You can make it through the whole state of Kentucky north south faster than Atlanta at rush hour.
The Atlanta rush hour traffic starts 60 miles before you get there. I mean there is a reason The Walking Dead was filmed in Georgia. It was because they could shoot those scenes with cars sitting everywhere on the interstate during Atlanta rush hour.

The Atlanta rush hour traffic starts 60 miles before you get there. I mean there is a reason The Walking Dead was filmed in Georgia. It was because they could shoot those scenes with cars sitting everywhere on the interstate during Atlanta rush hour.

Yep. Macon’s outskirts are where it starts. It’s crazy. I’ve had an easier time getting out of NYC at rush hour than Atlanta. There and Charlotte and Nashville have all grown at such amazingly fast rates that the infrastructure can’t handle it. Denver in the same boat.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Do you people think Floridians are like, “oh SWEET! Here come all those heavy-pocketed big spenders/tippers and their 5 kids from Kentucky!!!!”?

Take it to the Florida thread.
Why? I’m sure that’s where they were driving back from, it’s not like this person was going to Atlanta, they were just passing through.

Probably a quick trip to PCB or Daytona if I had to guess. Here’s a tip drive, drive through Atlanta at 3-4am. You’re welcome.

Yep...for having zero cities of substance while driving through SC on 95, it is absolutely brutal. My family all live in SC (brother in the Columbia area and mom in the Hilton Head area) and I've made that drive down from the NE many times. It is the worst.

Reactions: JDHoss
Yup. Florida is longer but at least some beach or Miami is at the end. The only things at the ends of Georgia are Tennessee and the worst parts of Florida.

You do realize Georgia has 0ver 100 miles of coastline right? Along with some of the most beautiful barrier islands in the US. It's on something called the Atlantic Ocean, professor.

I'll grant you Tennessee but Kentucky shares the same affliction with those orange mustard chuckers...As for North Florida, nothing wrong with it - quiet towns, beautiful open land, mostly agricultural and fast access to the Gulf of Mexico.

I have a house down in deep south GA and I'd probably move there full time if I could get my wife to. Wide open spaces, quiet as hell and fast access to Florida. South GA/North Florida is not a bad place at all and better than most.

You do realize Georgia has 0ver 100 miles of coastline right? Along with some of the most beautiful barrier islands in the US. It's on something called the Atlantic Ocean, professor.

I'll grant you Tennessee but Kentucky shares the same affliction with those orange mustard chuckers...As for North Florida, nothing wrong with it - quiet towns, beautiful open land, mostly agricultural and fast access to the Gulf of Mexico.

I have a house down in deep south GA and I'd probably move there full time if I could get my wife to. Wide open spaces, quiet as hell and fast access to Florida. South GA/North Florida is not a bad place at all and better than most.
Tennessee is just Kentucky south. And Kentucky is just Tenneessee north. Same culture, food, accents outside of the Cincy suburbs and Louisivlle.

Tennessee is just Kentucky south. And Kentucky is just Tenneessee north. Same culture, food, accents outside of the Cincy suburbs and Louisivlle.

False. Kentucky and Tennessee are different cultures
Our state is a state removed from Canada. TN is 2.

KY has a midwestern feel in parts of it. None in TN.

Deep South sucks and it can suck TN into through a garden hose into it.

Until the 80s, Georgia was home to the most beautiful suburban homes in the country: 5 acres of North Georgia rolling piney wood, and a 1 story 1960s brick house. Then they began to build McMansions everywhere and squandered it.

Yet Ga. Tech still sucks. Go figure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT