ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia staff member arrested for reckless driving, speeding

He's the Player Connection Coordinator. Probably expendable.

unless he was drunk this is a non story
i don't think i know of one person that has not had a speeding ticket

Reactions: BigTyrone
This would be a non story if it wasn’t for the reputation that school has now with driving related stuff. Look it up if your not familiar. It’s actually pretty stunning. Plus they just had a player die racing like a year ago?

Reactions: KentuckyDC
Literally Georgia staff & players were involved in car recklessness that killed people the day in Jan they celebrated their 2nd title. And car shit has continued all 2023 for them.

So yeah, dude ignorant of the ongoing car issues, this happening down there yet again is a big freaking deal for this team.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Depending on how fast and how reckless, I'd like to know if he submitted to a blood test (or was asked?). That might be a story.

unless he was drunk this is a non story
i don't think i know of one person that has not had a speeding ticket
How many people you know who were arrested and had to post bail? Because this story is being reported for more than a speeding ticket.

This Michael Jackson thing is a non story. My kid had a sip of wine once.
This Jared from Subway thing is much adieu about nothing. I also eat sandwiches.

Reactions: STL_Cat
How many people you know who were arrested and had to post bail? Because this story is being reported for more than a speeding ticket.

This Michael Jackson thing is a non story. My kid had a sip of wine once.
This Jared from Subway thing is much adieu about nothing. I also eat sandwiches.
do we know if there is more to the story

He was a former player, a former UGA AA. He wasn't drinking, but was speeding and apparently fast enough to get wreckless added to it. At best he is looking at suspension without pay. Should he be terminated, rival fans are all for it. But he is a decent guy, got caught driving fast on a bypass around Athens. I am a decent guy and was arrested for speeding at 22, charged with 145 in a 55. Paid a huge fine for 1975. But reality is I was only running about 75,

He was a former player, a former UGA AA. He wasn't drinking, but was speeding and apparently fast enough to get wreckless added to it. At best he is looking at suspension without pay. Should he be terminated, rival fans are all for it. But he is a decent guy, got caught driving fast on a bypass around Athens. I am a decent guy and was arrested for speeding at 22, charged with 145 in a 55. Paid a huge fine for 1975. But reality is I was only running about 75,
25 or 30 over will normally get you a wreckless driving, also zipping in and out of traffic can get you a wreckless driving charge
true story, so can eating a sandwich while doing the speed limit (obstruction of view)

25 or 30 over will normally get you a wreckless driving, also zipping in and out of traffic can get you a wreckless driving charge
true story, so can eating a sandwich while doing the speed limit (obstruction of view)

Rega4dless of wh a t was going on zero not a smart.move.

I got a ticket in Tift County Georgia, trying to pass a semi, clocked me at 90. “Super speeder” ticket cost me $900. 10 years ago

• Wow
Reactions: Dddjdd
Rega4dless of wh a t was going on zero not a smart.move.
agreed it was not smart
but we all have been guilty of speeding at some point in our lives
the funny thing is unless you are on a long trip speeding saves you so little actual time that is not worth the cost

Last edited:
I got a ticket in Tift County Georgia, trying to pass a semi, clocked me at 90. “Super speeder” ticket cost me $900. 10 years ago

I was charged 145 mph in 1976 by Georgia State patrol. Arrested, cuffed 2500$ bond ended up being 1k fine. The big thing was I was only going about 75 in a 55. When I asked the trooper why radar was showing 77mph, he turned it off and told me to shut up he had all of me he was taking. I was going to contest it, but 2 troopers were sticking together, wanted me to get 30 days. No alcohol, just a young guy late at night trying to get home.

I was charged 145 mph in 1976 by Georgia State patrol. Arrested, cuffed 2500$ bond ended up being 1k fine. The big thing was I was only going about 75 in a 55. When I asked the trooper why radar was showing 77mph, he turned it off and told me to shut up he had all of me he was taking. I was going to contest it, but 2 troopers were sticking together, wanted me to get 30 days. No alcohol, just a young guy late at night trying to get home.
Some of them really earn the hate…about 10 years ago I was driving through Milan, TN looking for property to build a new manufacturing facility. Local cop pulled me over said I was doing 50 in a 35…which was a flat out lie…I asked him to see the radar…he refused…paid the ticket and built my plant somewhere else…and afterwards wrote the mayor as to why his town was not the site…never heard back.

Some of them really earn the hate…about 10 years ago I was driving through Milan, TN looking for property to build a new manufacturing facility. Local cop pulled me over said I was doing 50 in a 35…which was a flat out lie…I asked him to see the radar…he refused…paid the ticket and built my plant somewhere else…and afterwards wrote the mayor as to why his town was not the site…never heard back.

I was basically a college aged kid, first year out of school. Luckily I pulled into a business, next place was my grandparents house. He had dabbled in illegal activities his entire life. He made elite shine. If I had pulled into his yard and they treated me like they did, it would have bee a disaster. He wasn't a guy to mess with, and me being the first grandson, it would have gotten ugly quick, and he was a WWI sniper, who seldom missed. But that was a long time ago, my point is cops don't always tell the truth.

KSP got me for speeding/work zone/reckless about 30 years ago. Was talking to my girlfriend while driving NB on 75 around Walton and started braking after entering the work zone, but before seeing him light up, or even seeing him at all. Tried to urge my good intentions... "Shut up. You're wasting you're time and mine. You're getting a ticket... and you won't soon forget it." Offered that he was doing me a favor by writing it down to 1 mph under cuffs because he had more business to do on that work zone.

I didn’t even know there were $900 tickets my god

I grew up in a time of 30 cent a gallon gas and spent many many Saturday nights street racing and fighting over results. I was pretty popular with local cops. Truth is I am pretty lucky to be here today. Got more than my share of speeding tickets as a kid. But it's what my generation did, cheap gas, fast cars and fast girls. And would redo it tomorrow if possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT