ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia best team in Country.

Take UGA out of the equation. It’s h
not saying we werent a top 4 team
ard for me to believe that a team, any team, that is 2x defending NC and was ranked #1 basically all season long, and only loss is the conf championship does make the playoff to me is just not legitimate. There is way too much emphasis on the argument x beat y and y beats Z so x is better than Z. That’s just not the way it works. I think Herby had it right, stop all the stupid logic arguments and criteria. Just pick the 4 best teams. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t believe UGA wasn’t one of the best 4 teams in the country. Texas is not. Bama is not.

Not saying we weren't a top 4 team, but when we had the opportunity to show we were we let it slip away. Have to take advantage of opportunities and we didn't.

Injuries are part of the game, but a healthy Georgia was a mighty fine team.. however, the same "logic" the comitte used to keep FSU out because their best player was injured also would apply to Georgia.

Seems odd to not see an SEC team in the title game, but the Michigan/Washington match up of two undefeated teams is hard to gripe about.

It's true. They had a bunch of key players injured in that loss to bama. Still barely lost even getting bamas best game of the season
Every team in the country has an injury-riddled roster by the end of November. That ain’t unique to Georgia, it’s just the nature of the sport. You figure out how to tough your way through it, you don’t get to use it as an excuse.

I didn't think Bama would win that game, but I also didn't think either team would play as poorly. Bama blew their load in the SEC title game. Had no testosterone left for UM.

Georgia would've crushed either one of them yesterday.

I didn't think Bama would win that game, but I also didn't think either team would play as poorly. Bama blew their load in the SEC title game. Had no testosterone left for UM.

Georgia would've crushed either one of them yesterday.
It’s funny how reluctant folks here are to give Michigan their just due.

That is a really stout defensive front that I watched last night. Ain’t no SEC teams that punched through Alabama’s offensive line nearly as easily as Michigan did. Maybe Georgia would’ve crushed them or maybe they wouldn’t …we’ll never know because they got their butts beat by the same team that lost last night.

That is a really stout defensive front that I watched last night. Ain’t no SEC teams that punched through Alabama’s offensive line nearly as easily as Michigan did. Maybe Georgia would’ve crushed them or maybe they wouldn’t …we’ll never know because they got their butts beat by the same team that lost last night.

Let me start by saying UGA shouldn't have been there, we let that chance slip through our hands. But when an SEC team plays bama there is zero chance of a hold being called against a Bama OL. That was a concern when SEC officials aren't calling the game.

Now that's just stupid. I even said before the playoff- around Dec 3rd, that I thought Bama could lose that game. Not just because they played their SB in the championship game, but because Michigan was and is good.

For whatever reason you can't see clearly when it comes to other SEC teams. Georgia beat Georgia in that SEC final. They didn't come to play until it was too late and it cost them. Bama only won that game by 3, but you can imagine in your B1G loving mind that it was by some great margin.

Georgia would've taken it to another level in the playoff, and to tell yourself differently is pretty naive at best. 3 weeks to prepare and Michigan had to go to OT to beat Bama. 3 weeks.

Give Smart 3 weeks and they'd have beaten Bama by 2 or 3 scores. Bama had nothing to prove and it showed. Michigan played last year like a hungry bear that hadn't had a fish in 30 years last year and still lost. They were fortunate it was Alabama and that the Tide played to Michigan's strengths.

If Michigan made those same mistakes against UGA in a playoff, it would not have been close.

I'm saying this as a Michigan fan of nearly 50yrs. They've always been my favorite big ten team. I've enjoyed their success the last few years, but I'm not confused as to the talent level and how they got to where they've gotten. I hope they win the title, but at the same time wouldn't be unhappy if the Huskies took it, because of all of the cheating and the smoke being blown up Harbaughs ask.

I'll enjoy the game either way, even if i dont watch it live. Washington is a great school and campus that people should visit if they are out that way. Considered them heavily for grad school. Just not the same kind of championship without one of the best teams from the best conference in the mix. Georgia had no business being on the outside looking in in favor of Texas.

Now that's just stupid. I even said before the playoff- around Dec 3rd, that I thought Bama could lose that game. Not just because they played their SB in the championship game, but because Michigan was and is good.

For whatever reason you can't see clearly when it comes to other SEC teams. Georgia beat Georgia in that SEC final. They didn't come to play until it was too late and it cost them. Bama only won that game by 3, but you can imagine in your B1G loving mind that it was by some great margin.

Georgia would've taken it to another level in the playoff, and to tell yourself differently is pretty naive at best. 3 weeks to prepare and Michigan had to go to OT to beat Bama. 3 weeks.

Give Smart 3 weeks and they'd have beaten Bama by 2 or 3 scores. Bama had nothing to prove and it showed. Michigan played last year like a hungry bear that hadn't had a fish in 30 years last year and still lost. They were fortunate it was Alabama and that the Tide played to Michigan's strengths.

If Michigan made those same mistakes against UGA in a playoff, it would not have been close.

I'm saying this as a Michigan fan of nearly 50yrs. They've always been my favorite big ten team. I've enjoyed their success the last few years, but I'm not confused as to the talent level and how they got to where they've gotten. I hope they win the title, but at the same time wouldn't be unhappy if the Huskies took it, because of all of the cheating and the smoke being blown up Harbaughs ask.

I'll enjoy the game either way, even if i dont watch it live. Washington is a great school and campus that people should visit if they are out that way. Considered them heavily for grad school. Just not the same kind of championship without one of the best teams from the best conference in the mix. Georgia had no business being on the outside looking in in favor of Texas.
Spare me the silly cliches. Georgia didn't beat Georgia in the SECT game, instead Bama beat Georgia. The proof is right there on the scoreboard.

And I'm no B1G fan, instead I just get weary of folks who get so blinded by bias that they can't be honest with themselves. Do you know why Alabama looked so out of sorts offensively? It was simply because they faced more defensive pressure than they'd faced from anyone else this season. Milroe got sacked on four of his first six drop backs (and six times total), he got tackled nine times behind the line of scrimmage, seemed like Michigan defenders were getting through Bama's OL on nearly every other play. THAT’s why Bama didn’t move the ball as well as they normally do.

So let's not pretend like it was just some bad luck.

Last edited:
If Georgia was the best team, they would have beaten Bama. Love them or hate them, Michigan and Washington have come up big every time it has mattered. They are both undefeated and belong to be in the game. UGA came out flat and didn't show up against Bama. They left their chance to play for the title, and any claim to being the best team, on the field at the SEC Championship.
Or if Bond's 4th down "catch" had been reviewed like the whole country knew it should have been. How do you not review a questionable catch in a championship game???

Oh spare me the silly cliches. Georgia didn't beat Georgia in the SECT game, instead Bama beat Georgia. The proof is right there on the scoreboard.

And I'm no B1G fan, instead I just get weary of folks who get so caught up in their biases that they can't be honest with themselves. Do you know why Alabama looked so out of sorts offensively last night? It was because they faced a greater level of defensive pressure than they'd faced from anyone else this season. Milroe got sacked on like four of his first six dropbacks (and six times total), he got tackled something like nine times behind the line of scrimmage, seemed like defenders were getting through Bama's OL on every other play. THAT’s why Bama didn’t move the ball as well as they normally do.

So let's not pretend like it was just some bad luck.

Maybe they were but they played a defacto playoff game and lost. Injuries are part of the game.

It was a very balanced year in college football. To be honest at full strength. I think the next 4 of Georgia Ohio state Oregon and Florida State are pretty much the equal of the 4 that did get into the championship playoffs. In several head-to-head match ups, the next 4 lost by 3 points apiece. Could have gone either way in all those games as well.

They should have beaten Alabama, then.
Yes they should have. I’m not trying to start arguments here. I’ve watched football all season long from all over the Country. The team I watched dismantle a good but undermanned Florida St team this past Saturday was the best team I’ve seen all year. I say that because of how they played, not who they played or who beat who. It’s just my opinion and it doesn’t mean any more than that. I thought Michigan and Alabama were two very similar teams to one another. Thought the same thing about Washington and Texas. But at the EOD only one can be champions. Also I’ve never seen a team start the second half playing second, third stringers and walk ons. Hell they played 4 quarterbacks. All of it makes for good conversation. Sometimes the best team doesn’t always win the title. That’s my opinion.

If Georgia was the best team, they would have beaten Bama. Love them or hate them, Michigan and Washington have come up big every time it has mattered. They are both undefeated and belong to be in the game. UGA came out flat and didn't show up against Bama. They left their chance to play for the title, and any claim to being the best team, on the field at the SEC Championship.
Best post in thread..imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT