ADVERTISEMENT

George "the Animal" Steele

Feb 9, 2011
george-steele-the-animal.gif

I saw him in Lexington at ScareFest in 2010. I remember him from watching wrestling when I was a kid, but I don't remember his short revival in the late '90s.

They could always change Piper Niven's name again because she looks like the typical teacher that I had in school....well her or Fabulous Moolah but she is no longer with us.
I have not watched wrestling since I was in my teens. The problem for me was they lost a lot of the great personalities for people that were ripped.

Didn't seem to be a lot of Randy Savages that had both.

I have not watched wrestling since I was in my teens. The problem for me was they lost a lot of the great personalities for people that were ripped.

Didn't seem to be a lot of Randy Savages that had both.
The Macho Man was definitely a one of a kind talent. I have told this story on the wrestling thread before but I have a friend who worked in fast food as a teen and that was back when Savage wrestled the Kentucky territory a lot. When they were wrestling at the local armory Savage would walk across the street and come in to the Long Johns where my friend worked to eat. He obviously wasn't known at that time but he said Savage talked just like he did on TV when he would come in to Long Johns. My friend said after Savage became big he would laugh every time he heard him on WWF because all he could think of was him ordering a Fish and More in that voice. 😂

The Macho Man was definitely a one of a kind talent. I have told this story on the wrestling thread before but I have a friend who worked in fast food as a teen and that was back when Savage wrestled the Kentucky territory a lot. When they were wrestling at the local armory Savage would walk across the street and come in to the Long Johns where my friend worked to eat. He obviously wasn't known at that time but he said Savage talked just like he did on TV when he would come in to Long Johns. My friend said after Savage became big he would laugh every time he heard him on WWF because all he could think of was him ordering a Fish and More in that voice. 😂
If you haven't seen them, the Jim Cornette interviews, especially with Dutch Mantel are very good. Dutch says that Randy Poffo morphed into Randy Savage, then into the Macho Man, and he was the Macho Man all day long.

You need to watch the Waffle House video at a minimum. And the Bill Dundee interview. Randy wasn't really acting. He was really nuts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Wonder if Randy wore the pirate hat?

I laugh every few minutes thinking about a fish and more, oh yeah!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT