ADVERTISEMENT

G3 TN

vhcat70

All-American
Feb 5, 2003
I'd have thought Niman would be available in relief today given how little he pitched Sat.

Very bad 6-7-8. Can’t give up 11 runs in 3 innings.

13-11 loss disappointing.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, TN looked like the much better team. We’ll see if we’re elite when Arkansas comes to town.
I don't agree with this. To me, the teams were about as even as can be.

Both teams have some excellent pitchers, but both teams also have excellent offense. On paper, it looks like UT has more power, but UK slugged the hell out of the ball all weekend just as UT did.

To me, the series was lost b/c A). UT made us pay for every single mistake - it seems like every error or mistake (e.g. Moore put the 9-hole hitter on base via walk or HBP twice yesterday and Moore homered him in both times), and B ) UT's lineup has a homer threat nearly every batter while we had around 3 spots in the lineup that gave us absolutely nothing (ahem, McCoy).

The good news is that I think UT is as good as anyone in the country and we could have (should have?) won the series.

I don't agree with this. To me, the teams were about as even as can be.

Both teams have some excellent pitchers, but both teams also have excellent offense. On paper, it looks like UT has more power, but UK slugged the hell out of the ball all weekend just as UT did.

To me, the series was lost b/c A). UT made us pay for every single mistake - it seems like every error or mistake (e.g. Moore put the 9-hole hitter on base via walk or HBP twice yesterday and Moore homered him in both times), and B ) UT's lineup has a homer threat nearly every batter while we had around 3 spots in the lineup that gave us absolutely nothing (ahem, McCoy).

The good news is that I think UT is as good as anyone in the country and we could have (should have?) won the series.
KY looks like a legit top 5 team. It would have been nice to see how far they’d gone last year in a different Super. Playing at LSU was a brutal draw. Some will say that TN was one play at 3B away from a sweep, but I saw a KY team that should play in Omaha.

Niman's non-performance was the difference to me. Question is that a one off or a trend. I think the former given the rest of his performances & leading in IP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT