ADVERTISEMENT

G.O.A.T: awful movie sequels

Wall2Boogie

All-American
Jan 28, 2010
Fast and the furious 7? If you have seen fast and furious 2-6 in theaters you might wanna ask yourself: how do I get my 60 bucks back? That of course assuming your over 21. Can somebody cut the parachutes? This ranks up there with saw 3-36 and coming soon the eighth installment of the rocky series. It's called creed. The plot is basically the same as rocky 5 but he's now training apollos grandson instead of tommy gunn. What sequels in your mind were awful ideas?

Dan Aykroyd must have been hard up for cash when he signed up for:

Blues Brothers 2000
Caddyshack 2

Originally posted by Kooky Kats:
JarJar Binks says, "Hello man."
I'm still of the opinion that Phantom Menace was better than Attack of the Clones.

It's telling when Jake Lloyd had more chemistry with Natalie Portman than Hayden Christianson.

Originally posted by TruBluCatFan:
Caddyshack is the worst sequel ever.
1241_zpskgcyumnh.gif

A&E has a documentary of sorts about Caddyshack. I would rather see one about Caddyshack 2 because it has a decent cast, it recycles a decent story line, but it sucks so bad it had to be done on purpose. I really want to know who took a reasonable set of circumstances and just raped it. The sound, editing, lighting, and camera work all suck as well, and I don't know a damn thing about any of it.

Exorcist 2 is bad, just because it is so painfully stupid.

Sequels are rarely good. One of the gripes I have with Hollywood is when a perfectly good movie gets "remade".

The Getaway
Vanishing Point
Gone in Sixty Seconds

and probably some others that you may think of. Why? We've already got that movie. I urge you not to see them in the theater. If we all join together we can stop this evil practice.

Wow. Godfather III does not belong in this thread. Sure, it wasn't as good as Godfather and Godfather II, but those two are HARD to match up with.

But I will proffer THIS awful remake: Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd

Prove me wrong.

Lol I see your dumb and dumber and raise you all 63 final destination movies especially the last one.

Superman 4. yea, looking back the superman movies are cheesy. loved them as a kid, well 1 and 2. 3 wasn't near as bad as some say, but 4, well that one is plain awrful.

Originally posted by TruBluCatFan:
GhostVol I like most of your takes but Godfather 3 definitely belongs. Sure it's not Caddyshack 2 bad but compared to 1&2 it sucks major balls.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
That's the problem. Godfather II is probably the greatest sequel of all time. Godfather III didn't stand a chance in comparison but it wasn't a terrible movie. Now ANY of the Revenge of the Nerds sequels DO count as terrible movies!

If you made it 15 mins past return of the Jedi you can use your ticket stub and get a free large sandwich at McDonald's. Atleast you got something for your money.

Halloween 3.

Way back when, I was with a group of friends and we were excited about seeing that one... but then had absolutely nothing to do with the Michael Myers storyline? REALLY wanted my money back!

RE: Star Wars. It's very hip to hate on the prequels, but at the end of the day they were still friggin' Star Wars movies. I was down for whatever they threw at me.

For the comic book crowd, it has to be Fantastic Four 2. Galactus is a big space cloud? What a pile of ish.

Originally posted by dezyDeco:

For the comic book crowd, it has to be Fantastic Four 2. Galactus is a big space cloud? What a pile of ish.
Well that was a sequel of s a shit movie to big with so that was no surprise. I'm sure this new one will trump both based on what I have read.

Originally posted by Wall2Boogie:
Fast and the furious 7? If you have seen fast and furious 2-6 in theaters you might wanna ask yourself: how do I get my 60 bucks back? That of course assuming your over 21. Can somebody cut the parachutes? This ranks up there with saw 3-36 and coming soon the eighth installment of the rocky series. It's called creed. The plot is basically the same as rocky 5 but he's now training apollos grandson instead of tommy gunn. What sequels in your mind were awful ideas?
Blasphemy! I love the FF movies. They're fun action films featuring fast cars, hot women, gun fights, and explosions. Sign me up!

Originally posted by ukwizard:

Originally posted by dezyDeco:

Well that was a sequel of s a shit movie to big with so that was no surprise. I'm sure this new one will trump both based on what I have read.
Other than Alba's acting, I didn't think FF #1 was that bad... but I always cut the first one (of any comic book movie) some slack, since they have the obligatory origin story to work through. By the time you get to the 2nd in the series, it should be full throttle.

In the theater, I kept looking at my watch, knowing the end of the movie's run time was near. I thought maybe they were going to give a nod to the original comic book tale, by having Galactus emerge in the final scene, with a "to be continued" for the next movie. Nope. Just space dust. The End.

Like you, I don't have too much confidence in the upcoming reboot, either.

Lol so bigblue you are the one keeping vin diesel and his clan in business. They need to have you in fast & furious 28: backfire. Jk

Taken 2 hasn't been mentioned yet. Probably my most disappointing cinematic experiences of the last decade. Such a disappointment following an excellent Taken.

Friday the 13th 2-88
Freddy Kruger-2-77
Halloween-after Donald pleasents left 4-99
leprechaun-2-66
Puppet master 1-26
Chucky movies 3-33
Tremors 2-87

I think you have to go with the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The chasm between the quality in that piece of garbage and Raiders is unsurpassed.

honorable mentions solely based on my attachment to the greatness of the originals:

Weekend at Bernie's II
Highlander II: The Quickening

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT