ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Kentucky basketball

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
With the addition of all the new young blood, I'm hoping to see some smiles and fun on the floor this year. It may seem old school or whatever, but teams seem to play much better when they are having fun. Maybe it's Cal. Maybe it's the way of the modern college business and future money involved. IDK, but I miss it.

I think that was the true magic ingredient with Pitino's teams. I think they truly loved playing together. And you see that in some of Kentucky's opponents now.

When is the last time you thought our guys were truly having fun?

Has to be before Cal, because it was about breaking through for a title in the early years.

Perhaps the Knight/Harrelson/Lamb/Liggins team? We just couldn't get past UConn.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Last time we were having fun? 2019.
Maxey/IQ/Nick Richards season was probably the last team that seemed to have really good chemistry and appeared to have fun consistently and not just a fleeting bright spot in a season of going through the motions……..Pre-Hagans end of season selfish halftime meltdown while his teammates were throttling Tennessee at home resulting in us coming out in a funk and dropping that game and likely derailing the season had Covid not cancelled the tournament

Reactions: RunninRichie
Maxey/IQ/Nick Richards season was probably the last team that seemed to have really good chemistry and appeared to have fun consistently and not just a fleeting bright spot in a season of going through the motions.
Minus the fist fight at the end of the UT game. I agree.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Minus the fistfight at the end of the UT game. I agree.
Yep exactly. . I’d just added that blip right before I saw this comment. Minus the Hagans selfish meltdown, followed by flashing money on social media and what would have likely resulted in chemistry issues and a distraction and an early tournament exit if not for the cancellation

Reactions: RunninRichie
way too much stressing and not enough fun. I agree. It would be great to get back to that.
That all starts with getting your first big win early. If you get behind the 8 ball the pressure just mounts. Win a big one early? You feel good about yourself and play freely. We haven't won that first big game in a while. I think you can lose the first big one and be okay but you really need the 2nd to be a win. If you lose that one too then you start pressing and feel like you absolutely have to win the 3rd big game and depending on the players that kinds of pressure can do more harm than good.

Call-Me-Cuz.gif
Cat-head-bob-Ky.gif

Reactions: CatPhight
I thought the 2022 team was having fun up until the wheels fell off at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT