ADVERTISEMENT

Frustrating

GoBigBlue1280

Freshman
Jan 19, 2020
Georgetown
Watching the Neb vs ILL game.

It’s so frustrating watching teams have success in their passing game while we struggle with it year after year. I get they aren’t going up against a “SEC” defense, but even against subpar OOC teams, we rarely have great success.

Don’t mind me, just frustrated and venting. Had high hopes for this season so letting out a little steam.

Nebraska and Illinois have not had much success during Stoops tenure. Passing offense is just one aspect of the team game.

I agree UKs should be better most seasons though.

Reactions: JrandoUK

It’s so frustrating watching teams have success in their passing game while we struggle with it year after year. I get they aren’t going up against a “SEC” defense, but even against subpar OOC teams, we rarely have great success.

Don’t mind me, just frustrated and venting. Had high hopes for this season so letting out a little steam.
I hate that you’re frustrated but you aren’t alone! I’m SICK that we suck so bad at passing the football! Anyone can say what they will but passing/receiving TD’s are the most exciting part of football!!! Also, a passing offense makes for big time crowds and atmosphere.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
Can we get Stone Saunders to suit up this season? Last week he was 13/16 290 yds 4 tds and tonight at halftime he was 12/15 244 6 tds.. New state all time leader in TDs with 176 in 3 years and 4 games into his 4th..

Now, now . . . let’s not highlight our modest Three Star commit from PA, until NSD.

I think I’ve already forgotten his name!!

Be careful guys. We’re not allowed to complain anymore.

Yet a bump until Stoops is fired thread remains on the first page. I do agree if every post is a negative a poster really doesn't belong here. That logic should also apply to someone who always posts positive. Both are not real fans.

Can we get Stone Saunders to suit up this season? Last week he was 13/16 290 yds 4 tds and tonight at halftime he was 12/15 244 6 tds.. New state all time leader in TDs with 176 in 3 years and 4 games into his 4th..
Pretty sure Vandergriff had stats like that in high school also. Different beast at the next level. Only the elite of the elite produce numbers even remotely close to what Saunders has done in high school. Great comparison. Apples to apples and those kind of things.

It's called too much stoops god forbid if we go 3 and out and the defense has to play, grind the ball on the ground and run the clock out stoops ball uggh

I hate that you’re frustrated but you aren’t alone! I’m SICK that we suck so bad at passing the football! Anyone can say what they will but passing/receiving TD’s are the most exciting part of football!!! Also, a passing offense makes for big time crowds and atmosphere.
Yeah, and I’m not even asking for a top 10 offense just not a bottom 10 one either. 30th ranked would be great with me!

Brock would do fine if the Oline wasn’t Swiss cheese. We had open receivers in both loses but zero time to get them the ball.
The OC could help with slants and screens, but it sucks you are limited to that because we can’t block a pee wee team. Sad.
I am high on Stone, but we could have Joe Burrow right now and it wouldn’t matter.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Brock would do fine if the Oline wasn’t Swiss cheese. We had open receivers in both loses but zero time to get them the ball.
The OC could help with slants and screens, but it sucks you are limited to that because we can’t block a pee wee team. Sad.
I am high on Stone, but we could have Joe Burrow right now and it wouldn’t matter.

Pee wee team? We faced 2 of the top 5 DL in the nation. Maybe the best 2.

They held up very well vs ga. Qb held the ball too long in that game. Qb needs to trust his reads rather than wait till people get open. Plus he needs to vastly improve ball security.

While I agree our passing game sucks, Illinois won that game with barely over 200 yards passing in regulation scoring 24 points.

Pretty sure Vandergriff had stats like that in high school also. Different beast at the next level. Only the elite of the elite produce numbers even remotely close to what Saunders has done in high school. Great comparison. Apples to apples and those kind of things.
Looked it up.. Similar numbers besides TDs right now.. Brock had 10,097 yds 107 TDs in 4 years.. Stone is at 11,100 yds and 176 TDs with 16 total picks 4 games into his Sr year..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT