ADVERTISEMENT

Fried chicken in Louisville area

Caveman Catfan

All-American
Sep 1, 2002
What is the best?

Franco’s? McGee’s? Claudia Sanders? Dasha Barbour’s? CM? Joella’s? Royal’s? Chik n Mi? Shirley Mae’s Cafe? Lee’s? Gus’s?

It may be necessary to separate the hot from the not.

What are your favorites? Top three. Let us know.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Without question The Eagle bar and restaurant on Bardstown Rd. across from The Bristol.
747e075f4eab1f16dffe62e265bf8a00.jpg

Reactions: BernieSadori
Mellwood Tavern only serves fried chicken twice a week but it's damn good. Cottage Inn used to be good but haven't eaten there since the new owners took over.

I've been watching this guy for a few weeks now. Really like that he goes all around the state and tries the different places and samples most of the foods from places I never heard of. Sometimes a interview with the owners.

Don't eat fried chicken a lot but when I do I like Cracker Barrels southern fried chicken. I like drizzling some Mikes hot honey on it.

I love Dasha’s and Franco’s. Gus’s disappointed. If you claim the best, you better bring it. I hear McGee’s is really good. For hot, I think I like Royal’s over Joelle’s, but admit that I am not really that into the Nashville chicken. Heard CM’s is good.

Not Louisville, but everyone knows where the best fried chicken in Lexington is.

That little grocery store on Southland Dr. (Used to be Slones)

The eagle is off the charts good fried chicken. Have a Bardstown road location but the new location by Topgolf is my go too. Have the honey to pour on it there too. The BLT chicken sandwich is damn good too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT