ADVERTISEMENT

Freshmen Chris Livingston and Justin Edwards stats

MPG PTS REB AST BLK STL TO FG% FT% 3PT%
LIVINGSTON
EDWARDS

Reactions: megablue and Mark80
I most def thought Edwards would be more. Shows my crystal ball can get cloudy. I also thought Boston and Clarke would be all that too. Note to Cal, only go for a 6'7" burger boys if they are knock down outside shooters.

Livingston gets minutes in the NBA. To him, on a multi-million dollar contract, it was probably a great move.
As of today, Livingston has played in 12 games (out of 42) for the Bucks, and averaged 4.8 minutes/game and 1.3 ppg and 1.0 rpg.
Can't imagine he's in the League after his rookie contract.
But ... no doubt about it ... leaving and getting what money he could get, right then, was the right move. Reasonable to expect him to play for decent money in Europe for 3-5 years. Certainly more than he could make at a "real job."

I really think Edwards can get where he wants to be but it will take another year here to do that. There is a near 0 chance that will happen.
I did not. From the get go he's had no motor. You can't teach that. He doesn't have it on the court, the weight room. The scouting reports said that he lacked a motor.

Cal is just gonna have to do a better job of evaluating these dudes, and stop going by recruiting services. We get one of these dudes every year.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Cal is just gonna have to do a better job of evaluating these dudes, and stop going by recruiting services. We get one of these dudes every year.
I think Cal is always playing the long game in recruiting. Get two Edwards from a certain “group” then maybe land a Davis. JMHO

I think Cal is always playing the long game in recruiting. Get two Edwards from a certain “group” then maybe land a Davis. JMHO

I know that there are busts, but I swear it seems like we get an absolute 5 star bust every season, and Cal spends 75% of the season trying to fix them rather than moving on.

I know that there are busts, but I swear it seems like we get an absolute 5 star bust every season, and Cal spends 75% of the season trying to fix them rather than moving on.
I don't think he has any higher percentage of busts than other coaches but he absolutely gives some of them too long a leash and sticks with them too long. It's just hard to argue otherwise.

Reactions: westerncat
I 100% don't remember Chris Livingston playing here. I know I'm getting older, but seriously....no recollection of it at all.

Couldn't pick him out of a lineup with 2 photos.

Reactions: Bluegrass79
Livingston gets minutes in the NBA. To him, on a multi-million dollar contract, it was probably a great move.
Fair point…but even in just 5 minutes a game…isn’t that more of an indictment of nba watered down game. He wasn’t a solid college player…his best games were him being non guarded ans allowed to rebound on smaller dudes

Reactions: ukjenning44
Edwards needs a mean streak in and "dunk" the ball instead of layups. He would help himself my coming back another year but we all know that most likely want happen.

Reactions: megablue
I most def thought Edwards would be more. Shows my crystal ball can get cloudy. I also thought Boston and Clarke would be all that too. Note to Cal, only go for a 6'7" burger boys if they are knock down outside shooters.
I’d still take Edwards over Boston for sure

Reactions: westerncat
If he just all the sudden start hitting all his threes we' d be just fine with him. Dunk a few.

I hope Edwards breaks out, I really do, but if he doesn’t show something by the end of the regular season, the dude needs to sit in March.

Chris Livingston. He was here just last year and I had to think for a minute to remember who that is. These mediocre one and dones are so forgettable. He could’ve been a damn good player if he stuck around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT