ADVERTISEMENT

Former Cal UK portal target Omuruyi picks Bama

Big pick up for Bama. Really good player and will definitely help them stay at the level they’re currently at. Always great to have the SEC improve in all sports and this is a good one. Now we need to bring in a couple big time players to Lexington to help push the Cats to another level as well. I definitely love the roster fits so far so with another high level guy or two it pushes us in elite 8- final 4 talk in my opinion. Popes doing an unbelievable job and I’m proud to have him as the coach of Kentucky.

Big pick up for Bama. Really good player and will definitely help them stay at the level they’re currently at. Always great to have the SEC improve in all sports and this is a good one. Now we need to bring in a couple big time players to Lexington to help push the Cats to another level as well. I definitely love the roster fits so far so with another high level guy or two it pushes us in elite 8- final 4 talk in my opinion. Popes doing an unbelievable job and I’m proud to have him as the coach of Kentucky.
Grant Nelson is staying. If Spears returns they are a top 1-3 team

Oats not going anywhere. Now that he made a final four he is gonna keep being n the mix every season n the sec.

Grant Nelson is staying. If Spears returns they are a top 1-3 team
Yeah I agree with that. I know Spears is seeing where he’s at and will go if he’s picked high enough, if not they’re going to be loaded. lol. Going to be a really tough, great season against the conference this season. Love it.

If the player had been a UK target, the headlines would have read UK target chooses Bama. It might happen later, but I haven't seen such a headline stating Arkansas' loss.

Just another team that UK’s going to have to go through….. We aren’t scared UK will be UK when all these teams realize again the SEC championship runs through Lexington just like it has since the beginning of times.

This is the kind of cycle we need Pope to get in over the next 2-3 years, except even a notch better once players get to see his system played at a high level. If we advance further in the tourney than we have in the last few years, Pope will have recruits and portal guys knocking down doors to play here.

so if the kid was offered $2m and he went to Bama instead

what was Bama offering? free legal counsel if he is an accessory to murder?

• Haha
Reactions: CatTough
I've thought that a school might just sink all its cash into 2-3 players, raising the market on all players as opposed to spreading it out over an entire team.

So a school like maybe a New Mexico thinks they can make noise with buying two 5 star players and fill out the rest of the team with guys who would get by on autograph/jersey/local ribbon cutting money.

But they throw the kitchen sink to get the two guys just to make sure they can outbid the bluebloods

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT