ADVERTISEMENT

Ford’s unveils all electric F-150..."The Lightning"

Currently is 300.....but I'd be willing to bet that if you pull something of size it'll drop you down below 100. How would you like to stop every 80 miles while pulling a load to charge for 18 hrs?
EV's aren't designed yet to viably tow anything, because most people don't.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Going to electric vehicles isn't about saving the environment. It's about taking away more of your choices and liberties. The average American idiot doesn't even know how 90% of electricity is generated in the US. God help us. We are being governed by idiots.
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chuckinden
The "everyone needs to do their part to save the environment" is the biggest corporate scam since the dairy industry convinced millions of people that their bones would crumble to dust if they didn't drink 10 glasses of milk per day.

Don't get me wrong, climate change, microplastics, etc. are real things. My neighbor and I aren't the problem though.
Totally agree. Watched a Netflix documentary showing that a vast majority of the plastics polluting the ocean are via fishing nets. However, the lobbying groups are pulling a magic trick making everyone think that if they just stop drinking out of straws the problem would end. The same thing is happening with carbon footprinting.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Watched a Netflix documentary showing that a vast majority of the plastics polluting the ocean are via fishing nets. However, the lobbying groups are pulling a magic trick making everyone think that they just stop drinking out of straws the problem would end. The same thing is happening with carbon footprinting.

Which of course went out the door soon as experts told everyone masks stopped covid. Wonder how many masks were thrown away in the last 12 months?

Comparatively Plastic straws are a drop in the ocean.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Totally agree. Watched a Netflix documentary showing that a vast majority of the plastics polluting the ocean are via fishing nets. However, the lobbying groups are pulling a magic trick making everyone think that they just stop drinking out of straws the problem would end. The same thing is happening with carbon footprinting.
I watched the same doc. Seaspiracy. Pretty good.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
The US is already HUGE leaders in all the technologies mentioned above. The companies are already based here......and most of the first usage will be here. If there is already such a lead and usage on the way, why would anyone expect someone else to benefit from it as much as the US?

Also, renewable energies won't cut it alone. There's an enormous cost up front for renewable energy, but then the costs decrease substantially. If the US wants to go with cleaner sources of energy, it will certainly have to rely on nuclear. While the cost of energy may increase overall, it'll cause a decline in costs elsewhere.

But I always agree. Less gub'ment regulation is a good thing. I will always agree with that.

I agree with that.

So...the truck runs on electric provided to it by a battery...a battery that needs electricity to charge it? So what resources are being consumed to provide that electricity to the battery? Just because gas isn't being burned to make the truck go doesnt mean fossil fuels arent being consumed to make that electricity? The more electric vehicles on the road just means more strain on the electric grid to charge these things at some point in the process. You are either burning these fuels at the time you press the pedal or you are burning them before hand to charge the battery. Regardless, you are still burning them.

When we have a massive power outage due to mother nature, none of you mothertruckers will be driving anywhere.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
So...the truck runs on electric provided to it by a battery...a battery that needs electricity to charge it? So what resources are being consumed to provide that electricity to the battery? Just because gas isn't being burned to make the truck go doesnt mean fossil fuels arent being consumed to make that electricity? The more electric vehicles on the road just means more strain on the electric grid to charge these things at some point in the process. You are either burning these fuels at the time you press the pedal or you are burning them before hand to charge the battery. Regardless, you are still burning them.

When we have a massive power outage due to mother nature, none of you mothertruckers will be driving anywhere.

Well, sort of. From the factory, EV's are actually worse for the environment. But after about 2-3 yrs, the EV's start to make a positive impact and surpass gas cars.

(Why they pitted a small sedan vs a small SUV escapes me?)

Even if all cars were EV's and they caused a much larger drain on the grid, it's probably still a substantial improvement for the environment. And this is all with today's technology. Battery and charging tech is going to improve rapidly. It's extremely possible to get ranges well in excess of 1,000 miles sooner rather than later.......and of course charging will improve as well.......efficiency of production and usage too.

If you put 500 solar panels on your roof and install a charging station in your garage you will leave a negative carbon footprint that will be offset only after a Mexican meal

Reactions: shockdaddy19
You gud ol bo'ahs better get your planet saving EV pickup soon, while you still can.

You may have to settle for a Tesla Cyber Truck. It's better tech anyway and would probably be better, if looks aren't a problem.

Reactions: trueblujr2
An electric bus manufacturer just filed bankruptcy near where I live. Lots of people losing their jobs. Politicians and their donors are fleecing taxpayers over this “green” push charade. It’s great technology but is no where near prime time for the masses but they will push it anyway because they are getting rich off it and we get left with the bill.

Anything the left pushes turns to sh!t. Speaking of little Andy, don’t know if he had his hands on the new DMV license plate saga but it is a complete failure. Who wants to stand in line for two hours to give the government more of your money?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT