ADVERTISEMENT

For those of us who listen to KSR every day...

Play a drinking game to every time he says “well, like you said Matt…” and you would be drunk by the first hour
Matt: “…what do you think Ryan?”

Ryan: “I think you nailed it, you’re exactly right!”

It’s interesting when they find a topic Ryan does have an opinion on, like sidewalks on Nicholasville Rd or something, because you can then tell how much he’s just sleepwalking through the rest of the show.

Reactions: mbg4171
I listen sporadically, when I want to hear them discuss something in particular. Are they not doing guest hosts this year? If it's really going to be Ryan Lemond the whole time, then no I won't tune in. I'm hoping Kyle Tucker and (especially) J Kyle Mann guest host again this year and talk about what we can expect from a Mark Pope team stylistically.
Confirmed today that Kyle Tucker and J Kyle Mann are hosting at some point, so that’s exciting.

Reactions: G-PIP
No, I won't. Show is just not very good without Matt.
If not very good without Matt, it must be horrible then. I can't stand his voice. His pre-game TV stuff kept me muting alot. Never looked for him on radio.

MJ has spent an inordinate amount of time announcing his elongated vacation away. And his openly fretting about the about the show, and how unprepared the fill ins are, seems to suggest he almost wants the ratings to be lower to boost his own ego. Also, saying that he reads huffington puffington post daily to prepare seems awkward.

I will listen. Drew, Shannon, and Ryan are doing a couple days a week by themselves. Tom Hart, Peter Burns, and Myron Medcalf I think are taking one day each week. Alyssa Lang, Pardon my Take, and The Kyles are also doing a day at some point. There may be others as well. I always enjoy when Hart, Burns, and Medcalf are on so they will definitely be good shows. I think Alyssa Lang will do a good job and the Kyles have been good in appearances before. I usually skip the Pardon My Take guys. They just aren't my thing but I get why some really enjoy them. I think the show is generally better when Matt is on but he seems to have it positioned to do pretty well with the guest hosts in his absence.

For the record, and just so we are clear, I don't give a flying **** if you like KSR and/or Matt Jones or not.

For the record, and just so we are clear, I don't give a flying **** if you like KSR and/or Matt Jones or not.
I think some people would sacrifice their first born to NOT listen to the show. They would definitely risk injury racing to the thread to tell everyone how much they hate the guy.

Reactions: Mike-D
I think some people would sacrifice their first born to NOT listen to the show. They would definitely risk injury racing to the thread to tell everyone how much they hate the guy.

No, half of them definitely listen. Like I said, don't give a **** what people like. The question was, "Will people still listen to the show when Matt is on vacation?"

I don't need your drive-by laugh reactions to my reply to the thread, I don't need to hear the sob stories about how much people dislike KSR. We've heard em for years now. Get a ****ing grip.

Kind of off topic but what shows are worth listening to on the radio? Is Coast to Coast AM still hit or miss? Used to listen to that on fire watch and then again when I worked 3rd shift.

After this week MJ will be gone for two months. Will you listen while he is gone and RL is at the helm every day ?
Without Matt, I can't listen to them. I may tune in, depending on the guest hosts, but not with the regular guys.

Last edited:
Ryan Lemond is literal nails on a chalkboard to me (but he seems like a helluva guy). I may spot listen but I'll probably be looking elsewhere for my listening material this summer.

I won't be listening but it gives me plenty of time for music and podcasts. Matt created something very entertaining but it fits him perfectly. For it to really work and be KSR, he's gotta be in the main chair. It's also pretty clear that his friends on the show want to play their parts, which they all do well, and not be the show. Not to mention, things are dead in the summer so even with Matt there, it would've been various bracket shows and hangout episodes. Good for Matt though. Dude creates a successful show from nothing and after several years is able to get away for a summer and travel while his friends hold down the fort.

Reactions: GeraldV
Matt's constant humble brags like flying on a private jet with Cailpari, and going on Bill Maher's show finally made me turn listen to other stuff. Can't imagine Ryan will put in much work to make the show good without Matt there. The guest hosts and Drew will need to do the heavy lifting.

Matt's constant humble brags like flying on a private jet with Cailpari, and going on Bill Maher's show finally made me turn listen to other stuff. Can't imagine Ryan will put in much work to make the show good without Matt there. The guest hosts and Drew will need to do the heavy lifting.
Those really aren't humble brags if you actually listened. He's mentioned the jet a few times over the years to set up that they went through such turbulence that even Cal looked nervous. Basically saying you were scared shitless on a small plane isn't exactly bragging. And fans have asked him what's the most surreal or coolest moment in his life since doing the show and he mentioned being on HBO. The guy has some neat life experience. You don't expect him, a talk show host, to mention those experiences occasionally?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT