ADVERTISEMENT

For those of us who listen to KSR every day...

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
After this week MJ will be gone for two months. Will you listen while he is gone and RL is at the helm every day ?

Reactions: CGblue
After this week MJ will be gone for two months. Will you listen while he is gone and RL is at the helm every day ?
I usually skip the summer ones when Matt's gone, unless I hear there's some host that really interests me. Ryan Sports Radio is pretty painful and most guest hosts aren't that great. With basketball recruiting wrapping up not a whole lot to listen for anyway until we get into fall practice for football.

Lemon is a completely different person when he's at the helm. Alongside MJ, he's a little insufferable, imo. But absent MJ, Lemon is actually more adult-like, with better communication and interviewing skills, and without the sycophant tendencies.

To your question, I won't listen, regardless, unless there's breaking news on the recruiting front

They are all on the University Payroll. I don't know why more people don't get that Matt Jones is a well-paid fraud whose mission is to tell the exact lies the University wants us to believe. He's even threatened to become a politician which is just a well-paid actor. I learned this about him years ago.

I will. I have my daily routine of listening to Tom Leach, KSR Preshow, KSR, and Alan Cutler all on podcast. I like when Ryan hosts. He's a goofball but he knows his sports and actually gets to talk for more than 5 seconds when he runs the show, instead of just playing off Matt.

Lemon is a completely different person when he's at the helm. Alongside MJ, he's a little insufferable, imo. But absent MJ, Lemon is actually more adult-like, with better communication and interviewing skills, and without the sycophant tendencies.

To your question, I won't listen, regardless, unless there's breaking news on the recruiting front
I agree. Matt is very slyly often putting Ryan down as not being very smart. Ryan goes along with it for some reason. When Matt is not on the show, RL seems much more confident and comfortable. Matt usually talks over him when he does try to offer an opinion. It does get on my nerves how R fawns over and pretty much agrees with everything M sais.

I usually skip the summer ones when Matt's gone, unless I hear there's some host that really interests me. Ryan Sports Radio is pretty painful and most guest hosts aren't that great. With basketball recruiting wrapping up not a whole lot to listen for anyway until we get into fall practice for football.
My feelings as well. I may tune in when some of the quality guest host are on. But RL is a great radio sidekick….but as the lead host driving the Podcast, he’s hard to listen to sometimes and it doesn’t have the same flow…even during season w all the topics to talk about, much less a dead period.

I’ve always wondered why they didn’t let STD or Drew be the lead instead in Matt’s absence….figured it’s a seniority/experience thing but I don’t think RLs sports reporter skills translate to talk radio. Some ppl are great at one thing and average at others.

Heck, I think Billy does a better job running the pre show or occasional post game then RL as a lead man.

Reactions: ganner918
They are all on the University Payroll. I don't know why more people don't get that Matt Jones is a well-paid fraud whose mission is to tell the exact lies the University wants us to believe. He's even threatened to become a politician which is just a well-paid actor. I learned this about him years ago.
He’s a part of the deep state and illuminati, he’s also a Hollywood elite who lives in Louisville and covers all the government of the world in their quest to convince us that the Earth is flat. 🌎

Matt must have good people around him not to many people can take two months off every summrr and roam around Europe while owning 3 businesses

I agree. Matt is very slyly often putting Ryan down as not being very smart. Ryan goes along with it for some reason. When Matt is not on the show, RL seems much more confident and comfortable. Matt usually talks over him when he does try to offer an opinion. It does get on my nerves how R fawns over and pretty much agrees with everything M sais.
Have any of you listened to Stern. He copies his show from the King of All Media. Ryan is in on the routine.

I agree. Matt is very slyly often putting Ryan down as not being very smart.
You and I have a different definition of sly. Because he is a flat out overt a-hole to him. One simple slip of the tongue and Matt just digs in way too long. And it's not near as funny as he thinks it is, just mean. Multiple times during the show. I'm sure he rationalizes it as being good friends. But you can tell the difference between good natured and not, with a guy whose paycheck you have power over.

Tom Hart is really good. His desire and ability to work in goofiness from the show into a game call amuses me.
Most people I know listen to ksr because it's the only game in town. Not for the sports info, but for the buffoonery.

I listen sporadically, when I want to hear them discuss something in particular. Are they not doing guest hosts this year? If it's really going to be Ryan Lemond the whole time, then no I won't tune in. I'm hoping Kyle Tucker and (especially) J Kyle Mann guest host again this year and talk about what we can expect from a Mark Pope team stylistically.

I'll likely continue to listen to the show. Matt definitely is good at what he does though (regardless if you like him or not). Clearly the show suffers when he is away.

I listen on podcast at like 5a when working out or walking dog. Doubt my schedule changes much unless I find something really interesting to listen too. I can only listen to so much music at that time of day and I've worn out murder podcasts.

Will probably listen more to Cutler podcast if I'm finding ksr to be poor.

I like listening to the Pardon My Take guy troll the fans that don’t understand their schtick. Tom Hart is good and I’m interested to hear Alyssa Lang.
Drew is pretty funny and I think he’ll carry the majority of the Lemond-led shows.

Reactions: Atrain7732
What is he doing for two months?

I don’t listen during the FB / basketball offseason unless I just happen to be in the car when it’s on. And I don’t listen all that much during basketball season.

I'll likely continue to listen to the show. Matt definitely is good at what he does though (regardless if you like him or not). Clearly the show suffers when he is away.

I listen on podcast at like 5a when working out or walking dog. Doubt my schedule changes much unless I find something really interesting to listen too. I can only listen to so much music at that time of day and I've worn out murder podcasts.

Small town murder and crime in sports are both good

What he does is put on a fake persona to trick us into believing stuff that isn't true about the program we all love. I used to love Matt too. I even wanted to vote for him at one point if he ever actually ran for office. It took years but the lies started to add up and I figured him out. You have to be a professional liar to be a politician and he already has that skill honed to a point.

Small town murder and crime in sports are both good

Thanks. I used to listen to True Crime Garage but it wore me out after a couple years. May take a listen.

There is a podcast called Park Predators that is good. Comes out every summer, not sure if new season is out. It is only about 30 mins or so per episode. Good listen though...all about crimes in parks around world.

I really do like Cutler show. He has a lot of guests on so it isn't the same thing every day.

Reactions: wardlow
What he does is put on a fake persona to trick us into believing stuff that isn't true about the program we all love. I used to love Matt too. I even wanted to vote for him at one point if he ever actually ran for office. It took years but the lies started to add up and I figured him out. You have to be a professional liar to be a politician and he already has that skill honed to a point.

Meh, no idea nor do I care really. No offense at all. It is entertainment to me. Wouldn't mind hearing what you think you know though. I'm all ears. Doing their golf outing in Richmond in August...should be a good day off work. Other than that I'm not a roadie or something, just something to listen to as I kill time.

I may listen some, but it's not the same. MJ may be irritating at times, but he's a master at putting together something that's entertaining and somewhat informative. His crew filling in for him are all good people, I'm sure of that.

Reactions: bthaunert
I may listen some, but it's not the same. MJ may be irritating at times, but he's a master at putting together something that's entertaining and somewhat informative. His crew filling in for him are all good people, I'm sure of that.
I wonder if the Germans in 1945 found the Nazi Propaganda they saw at the movies 'entertaining'? seems a poor excuse to believe lies.

What is he doing for two months?

I don’t listen during the FB / basketball offseason unless I just happen to be in the car when it’s on. And I don’t listen all that much during basketball season.
He's going to Europe, and my guess is doing a lot of what Europeans do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT