ADVERTISEMENT

Football: Stay vs. Go Decisions

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
So I'll look at guys who could leave...or who could have an extra year. I'll leave out transfers portal because that's an unknown...Leary isn't coming back. Below are the guys with decisions on a COVID year and the NFL draft.

Offense:
1. Marques Cox: I don't see him with much NFL stock...but he also has to apply for another year?
2. Eli Cox: I've actually seen some things with him having some draft stock...I think he could come back,
3. Jeremy Flax: He might be ready to go. Had an improved year...he has the size the NFL likes...he might be ready to go
4. Ray Davis: I think he's played his way into being a NFL draft pick and for a RB that's just hard to pass up
5. Tanner Bowles: Has a COVID year...don't think he'd transfer again. Didn't play much...so who knows? But would have a better chance to play next year.

SO looking at the offense...OL could be another rebuild or a very experienced unit depending on a few decisions.

Defense:
1. Oxendine: He has a COVID year and i would think he'll be back for a 5th year.
2. Josiah Hayes: Same as Ox, I don't see him going anywhere
3. JJ Weaver: Does he want a 6th year or try the NFL draft? Man...we've waited 5 years for his breakout and I think we got it on Saturday, would love to see him try it for one more go next year.
4. Trevin Wallace: His stock has dropped from what I've seen and he's really stand to gain a lot from being back. But he could kill it in a workout. He'll be the one to watch.
5. De'Eryk Jackson: I wouldn't think he'd leave...but he's made some strides and could be someone who gets picked?

So from a defensive perspective....linebacker is going to be a crucial spot. I didn't even mention Keaton Wade who could leave because momma isn't happy. So it could be our best position next fall...or we could be going hard in the portal.

Please chime in with comments and corrections...this COVID year stuff throws everything off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News