ADVERTISEMENT

Florida-Game 1

Tried to give it away many times!

Announcers had no clue Hagenow had been hurt. They were pulling so hard for UF!

Glad UK pulled it out. I think one more win guarantees a top 8 seed.

Tried to give it away many times!

Announcers had no clue Hagenow had been hurt. They were pulling so hard for UF!

Glad UK pulled it out. I think one more win guarantees a top 8 seed.
I know the way SECN+ works, each team has their own announcers, but I don't think the ones that do our home games are as bad as these guys are.

I know the way SECN+ works, each team has their own announcers, but I don't think the ones that do our home games are as bad as these guys are.
Most SEC “home” announces certainly favor their team in an annoying way. However, these guys today were maybe the worst and are true Gator homers. Our guys (Doug Flynn and Dick Gabriel) are less that way it seems. Truly, we have have a great broadcast team that do not promote themselves and give good insight on both teams. Closest I’ve heard this year is when we played AU in Auburn and thier AD (John Cohen) was in the booth for a game doing color (the AU coach and Ming were two of his long term assistants). Love our broadcast team!

F UF!

Reactions: RogerIndy
Great win. But we better find someone besides Hummel he tends to throw BP late in games.

Reactions: K86
I'm an idiot for writing off the team in the bottom of the 8th. Great resilience.

It seemed like Ming had money on UF with some of the decision making today, but no one can complain when you win a game like this. Keep going!

Reactions: Jeff12wb and K86
I'm an idiot for writing off the team in the bottom of the 8th. Great resilience.

It seemed like Ming had money on UF with some of the decision making today, but no one can complain when you win a game like this. Keep going!

I've just discovered this forum and quickly decided that the negativity is so bad that I jut watch the entire game and stay away from here. If I was watching the game and this forum at the same time, I'd kick a dog and give up.......and I've never laid a hand on a dog as they are God's greatest gift to man!

Reactions: law1127
^ Thanks.

Can I write how we suck today or is that too much negativity for you?

Giving up 21 runs in 2 EXTREMELY important games is reason for concern when your team has the opportunity to do something that has only been done ONCE previously in your schools history!!!! And that was with our pitching staff intentionally walking the Gators best hitter 4 times today!!

The pitching has GOT TO get better and FAST!!!!

Our bullpen vs. the top of UF lineup coming up. I wasn't comfortable with our bullpen holding them under 3 in 2 innings. We need to add a few runs in the 8th and 9th.

Same ole shit trying to close.
Sad reality at this point
Teams have a magical bat

Guess I take that back after that statistics that came across screen

We had plenty of chances to add some runs and didn't
Think the game changed when we went away from the way we play. Runners on 1st and 2nd, no it's outs... we always bunt. Today we had that situation and we swing away and hit into a double play.

Did I just hear the SEC announcer correctly?
Did he say “I feel like if a hitter checks his swing and the pitch is close I feel like it should be a strike”??? They maybe the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Cats win the series. You woud have thought we got swept and were in last place in the SEC.

Give Me A Break Right GIF - Give Me A Break Right Whatever GIFs

Vandy beat the Vols today so we still have a one game lead over them and Ark heading into our last weekend vs VU. UT hosts SC and the Hawgs travel to College Station.

Another huge series win. It's not been pretty lately but man these guys fight like hell. 1 game lead on Tenn. and Ark. going into the last weekend.

Reactions: catben
That's locked up. Win 2 next weekend we should be the #1 national seed. I think we could be #1 even if we only win 1. Our resume is noticeably better than the other teams competing for the #1 seed.
Does what happens in the SEC tournament possibly affect that.

I intentionally waited until after the game to post.
Does what happens in the SEC tournament possibly affect that.
SEC tourney is mostly important to the bubble teams. I would argue that it's not good for top teams, and that's one reason why I hate it.

UK is locked in for the top 8 at this point. With our RPI, our number of quad 1 / quad 2 wins (far and away the most in the country), our number of SEC wins, and our marquee series wins (UGA, Bama, Ark, UF), we aren't falling below 8. We're damn close to being locked in to the top 4. Nothing in Hoover will change that b/c all of the teams in hoover have high RPI (hence ours will not be damaged, even in a loss).

Reactions: dtjr
I intentionally waited until after the game to post.

SEC tourney is mostly important to the bubble teams. I would argue that it's not good for top teams, and that's one reason why I hate it.

UK is locked in for the top 8 at this point. With our RPI, our number of quad 1 / quad 2 wins (far and away the most in the country), our number of SEC wins, and our marquee series wins (UGA, Bama, Ark, UF), we aren't falling below 8. We're damn close to being locked in to the top 4. Nothing in Hoover will change that b/c all of the teams in hoover have high RPI (hence ours will not be damaged, even in a loss).
Help me out here with the format of the SEC tourney. I recall that the first game or first couple of games is single elimination, followed by a double elimination set of rounds. We usually never got past the single elimination rounds. Will we get a bye right into the double elimination this year?

Help me out here with the format of the SEC tourney. I recall that the first game or first couple of games is single elimination, followed by a double elimination set of rounds. We usually never got past the single elimination rounds. Will we get a bye right into the double elimination this year?
Yes , top 4 advance straight to double elimination round.

Reactions: RogerIndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT