ADVERTISEMENT

Florida at Rupp

Home advantage.

As for whether they slow it down or not, the world saw us lose by 19 against bully ball. Circumstances alter cases.
My thinking as well if you want to win you play to the opponents disadvantage. You would be dumb not to .

Bradshaw had 10 points and 7 rebounds in Gainesville. Would be nice to see him with a similar effort in Rupp.
Image-1-30-24-at-10-16-AM.jpg

Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
Hope we break back out on offense plus we see better defense. Cal has announced his defense team
Wagner / Sheppard / Reeves / Mitchell / UGO. So start there and see if you have enough ball movement and scoring. Wagner / Sheppard / Reeves and Mitchell do work well together. Dilly also works well with 4 of those but is lost on defense more than others. Adou should be first off the bench (unless Ugo is in foul trouble), Dilly 2nd off the bench, then Bradshaw and Edwards or Burks. We need to see if this works. The starting 5 (unless foul trouble) should have 25 to 30 minutes of the game action. Then rest of minutes divided up on who is doing what is told of them off the bench. I expect Dilly and Adou to get the greatest minutes of that bunch.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

A look at Florida since the previous matchup

The Gators have gone 4-2 since the Cats won in Gainesville back on Jan. 6, both losses being Quad 1 opportunities. In fact, they’re 0-6 in Quad 1s on the year with a run of three straight coming at Kentucky, at Texas A&M and vs. Auburn. Florida is undefeated elsewhere (14-0 in Quads 2-4), but it’s looking for statement wins to start building a resume beyond beating the teams they’re supposed to and coming up short against the best.

They’ll start with a revenge opportunity in Lexington, coming in with a 1-3 record in true road games. Todd Golden’s group enters the matchup ranked No. 8 in scoring offense at 85.4 points per game, but No. 297 in scoring defense at 76.8 points allowed. All eyes will be on rebounding once again, though, the Gators ranked No. 1 on the glass overall and No. 2 on the offensive end at 16.3 per game. Florida won that battle 43-40, though John Calipari said the three-board difference was “outrebounding them” considering where the Cats were entering the matchup — they had just given up 24 offensive rebounds to Illinois State and lost the overall battle 45-40. -
On3

So we play Florida on Wednesday in Rupp. Last game in Gainseville was a battle. What adjustments do you anticipate from both teams? Will the fans bring a home court advantage? Will we get a beneficial whistle? What do you anticipate?
Question 1: UF will adjust. Cal will not. UF will probably swarm the perimeter and force us to shoot midrange or layups, since we've pretty much forgotten how to hit layups the last two games.

Question 2: No. Rupp fans are already looking ahead to Saturday and UT. Tomorrow night will be loud, but nothing like other arenas we see on the SEC road. I'll be there, so I'll report back.

Question 3: No. We never get a beneficial whistle. The refs smell blood in the water with our recent two games, and they're going to let UF hack and grab just like they did the last two teams.

Question 4: I anticipate returning to our previous offensive selves. However, I am not horribly confident right now. We need them to revive themselves so we can be more confident that the last two games were just due to the adjustments that had to be made with the influx of new players coming off of being held out.

Question 1: UF will adjust. Cal will not. UF will probably swarm the perimeter and force us to shoot midrange or layups, since we've pretty much forgotten how to hit layups the last two games.

Question 2: No. Rupp fans are already looking ahead to Saturday and UT. Tomorrow night will be loud, but nothing like other arenas we see on the SEC road. I'll be there, so I'll report back.

Question 3: No. We never get a beneficial whistle. The refs smell blood in the water with our recent two games, and they're going to let UF hack and grab just like they did the last two teams.

Question 4: I anticipate returning to our previous offensive selves. However, I am not horribly confident right now. We need them to revive themselves so we can be more confident that the last two games were just due to the adjustments that had to be made with the influx of new players coming off of being held out.
Thank you for thoughtfully participating in this thread. I appreciate your insights.

Reactions: TheDude73
Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT