ADVERTISEMENT

Flipping a Top Five Program's Commit?

Rock_Cat78

All-American
Dec 30, 2002
This is what Jones just now said on KSR. Said it hasn't happened yet, but the Cats are on the verge of doing so. Guesses?

Some news from his show this morning. Says we are really really close to flipping a top 5 programs' recruit. Paris Johnson maybe?

JROW do you have any insight?

That doesn't ring any bell for me. Top five programs would be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma. The only players who would potentially qualify are Walker Parks, Paris Johnson and Darrion Henry, none of which I see happening.

I am pretty confident all of the names that are potential adds for the class have been discussed here at length.

-sFMqj.gif

First guy that comes to mind is...nm Parris Johnson maybe?

I heard that too, made me wake up this sleepy Thursday morning off

This is what Jones just now said on KSR. Said it hasn't happened yet, but the Cats are on the verge of doing so. Guesses?
Would Penn State be a top-five program could it be Enzo Jennings?

Jahquez Robinson would be my guess.

That doesn't ring any bell for me. Top five programs would be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma. The only players who would potentially qualify are Walker Parks, Paris Johnson and Darrion Henry, none of which I see happening.

I am pretty confident all of the names that are potential adds for the class have been discussed here at length.
Enzo?

Hmm, well that was one of the 1st things he mentioned this morning. Caught me off guard because I follow this stuff pretty religiously. Was hoping you had heard something.

Top 5 programs should be Bama, Clemson, Ohio St, Oklahoma and Georgia right now. I mean could it be Walker Parks?

Penn State isn't a top 5 program.

Nothing to my knowledge.

Probably semantics. Penn state is probably top 10 so for something like this I think they would qualify

Penn State isn't a top 5 program.

I wasn't listening but I would be truly shocked if someone matching that criteria is on the verge of flipping, not what I have heard.

Depends on current vs all time. All time, MAYBE....

Probably semantics. Penn state is probably top 10 so for something like this I think they would qualify

Enzo isn't on the verge of flipping. RJ Adams will officially visit but that is not an imminent flip.

Let's aim higher

Jahquez Robinson would be my guess.

Not on the verge of flipping. Some feelers but that's it for now.

Kid from Fredrick Douglas?

No knowledge but maybe Quandarrius Robinson?

It could happen

I wasn't listening but I would be truly shocked if someone matching that criteria is on the verge of flipping, not what I have heard.
Current or all time top 5 programs? Looking at you Clemson....

It could happen

No knowledge but maybe Quandarrius Robinson?

No.

I'm trying to be as delicate about this as possible, because I have confirmed Matt's stuff when I can confirm it, but this is out of the blue based on the criteria that was laid out and I'm kinda shaking my head about something going 4 or 5 pages when I don't think there is anything to it.

No.

I'm trying to be as delicate about this as possible, because I have confirmed Matt's stuff when I can confirm it, but this is out of the blue based on the criteria that was laid out and I'm kinda shaking my head about something going 4 or 5 pages when I don't think there is anything to it.
So you think Matt would make a great politician, is what I just heard :joy:

Now could he have meant in context of a historical top 5 program, I still don't think Penn State would be that high. I could be wrong though.

Now could he have meant in context of a historical top 5 program, I still don't think Penn State would be that high. I could be wrong though.

I don't think anyone from Penn State is on imminent flip watch regardless. I was told UK is hopeful they could flip Enzo over the course of several months but have gotten mixed signals since then.

I love Matt but in recent years he’s been far more of an entertainer than a recruiting source like he used to be. Top 5 program, I’d say extend that to top 10-15 and go from there.

Bama, Clemson, OSU, Michigan, LSU ....edit as needed

Well sometimes Rivals doesn’t know everthing , just saying. Long way to signing day

Matt gets most of his info directly from Vince. Will it definitely happen, maybe not. But to dismiss the info as being baseless is just not very smart. Vince himself said on KSR a few weeks ago that they are in on some guys that would shock most people.

Well sometimes Rivals doesn’t know everthing , just saying. Long way to signing day

I'm not saying it's impossible that Parks could end up with UK. I'm saying I don't think the criteria makes sense right now.

With Jones he could have been talking about a top 5 NCAA program, top 5 acc, or top 5 in the mac. you just never know. I don't put much value on what he says any more

I love Matt but in recent years he’s been far more of an entertainer than a recruiting source like he used to be. Top 5 program, I’d say extend that to top 10-15 and go from there.

he gets info from Vince more than likely, I thought it was interesting to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News