ADVERTISEMENT

FIT.Y.E.R.O. (Meathead, wellness, fitness, diet, exercise) Thread

Really interesting The Genius Life podcast out today on GLP-1ā€™s. Yeah they discuss weight loss but the more interesting results they are finding is how lower doses improve cellular regeneration, specifically in the brain.

Currently thereā€™s a real world trial thatā€™s reached stage 3 looking at effects on GLP-1ā€™s on dementia and Alzheimerā€™s and results are showing a 53% lower risk of dementia, Alzheimerā€™s and type II diabetes. Though Iā€™m sure big pharma will find a way to bastardize this like they did with semaglutide : ozemptic :: tirzepatide : mounjaro.
It sort of pisses me off because I really don't want to take any medications, but what if this is truly something you should take to have a healthier life?

The data is leaning more and more to the GLP-1ā€™s being fantastic tools for overall health when microdosed on an ongoing basis. Itā€™s honestly kind of astonishing some of the things being discovered about themā€¦

Maybe I'm a cynic, but something that is supposed to be a miracle drug with no downsides that makes Big Pharma billions per month of reliable income just strikes me as something likely to be good to be true.

It sort of pisses me off because I really don't want to take any medications, but what if this is truly something you should take to have a healthier life?
Peptides are short-chain amino acids, not medicine. Nothing synthetic about them, they're naturally occurring in the body / our food, but over time we don't produce as much or process as efficiently.

They're the opposite of what Big Pharma is offering as peptides can't be patented. So Eli/Pfizer take semaglutide / tirzepatide and add their proprietary ingredients so they can patent the drug, and that is what many of us have warned against, along with dosage, diet and actually exercising vs. just taking the spike -> you don't know what makes up the new compound.

Reactions: CSC81
Yeah, Hank, not to pile on, but generic peptides (of which GLP-1ā€™s are just one class) are the literal complete opposite of what Big Pharma wants. In fact, their lobbyists are behind the most recent push in which the FDA banned several of them. I know of anecdotal cases from friends with connections to the medical industry, and you can also find some interesting podcasts out there about the whole conspiratorial effort by Big Pharma to oust them.

The only way they can really capitalize on it is taking the original amino chain structures and changing them to some patented formula (e.g. Ozempic, Wegovy, Mounjaro, etc.), but the generic forms can be purchased easily and for fractions of the cost of the prescription shit. The generic forms also have less side effects (practically none in some cases; I have friends that have taken generic Semaglutide and literally didnā€™t experience a single thing other than the weight loss benefits).

People are starting to discover that, and Big Pharma is terrified by it.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
Trust that several of us have done extensive research over multiple years on peptides and wouldn't be taking them or recommending them (to my mother of all people, after she had major surgery) if we didn't know the pro's & con's, or were affiliated and distributed by Big Pharma. Which, next to journalists, are a plague on the planet.

Trust that several of us have done extensive research over multiple years on peptides and wouldn't be taking them or recommending them (to my mother of all people, after she had major surgery) if we didn't know the pro's & con's, or were affiliated and distributed by Big Pharma. Which, next to journalists, are a plague on the planet.
Hey Bonzo - I might be missing something here - where can I get peptides? I thought this was the Ozempic stuff? Is there a non script option you recommend?

As CSC said, those Big Pharma brands take the peptide and add their proprietary blend so they can trademark. What we've always referenced is the naturally occurring peptide, not the drug.

Hit me up offline Wayne, as there's plenty of places to buy. The key is in everything else -> goals (add muscle, cut, heal, cognitive function) diet, dosage, time of dosage, workout routine, etc.

• Love
Reactions: CSC81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT