ADVERTISEMENT

FIT.Y.E.R.O. (Meathead, wellness, fitness, diet, exercise) Thread

New York may beat Kentucky in food but (other than model transplants in Manhattan) we smoke your asses when it comes to the ladies.

New York women are straight dogs.
I grew up in KY and moved to NYC at twenty. It isn’t even close. KY has some pretty gals, but NYC has elite talent in abundance. A great deal of that is home-grown. Couple that with actual supermodels sitting at the table next to you on a night out. Whole different experience. I will say my standards elevated tremendously after just a month in the city.

Plus it’s so much nicer to have a chat with a woman who has seen more than just her own tiny piece of the world. Which was the view I had before leaving KY. We don’t know what we don’t know. KY is beautiful for what it is, as are the people. Never understood the need to compare a chihuahua, with a chip on its shoulder, with a Great Dane. Some people think small dogs are the best and some prefer the big dogs.

Visiting NYC and living in NYC are two dramatically different experiences, and I say that from having both perspectives at one point or another in my life.

-Living ANYWHERE vs VISITING is completely different. You can go somewhere 100x but if you’re not 100% there the majority of the time and working, it’s not even a comparison.

-KY women are straight 🔥 up until mid to late 20s. By then they’re all married with kids and don’t really “try” a ton anymore. They still look good, but comparing KY/Southern gals in their 30s to coastal cities is not even a fair fight.

A lot of that is due to lifestyle and kids of course but “most” women there have a kid and then it’s no touchs given anymore, I’m a mom now.

-Mag Bars are definitely a great addition. Ordered a set for Proof while I was there and got 50 thanks the first week alone.

-Hitting Chicago this week for the 50th time, can’t wait, but no workouts besides running and pushups… ugh.

May pop into a gym one morning while she’s sleeping though if there’s one close by and it’s not $50/day.

Honestly the break wouldn’t be the worst for my body.

• Love
Reactions: SDC888 and UK-chulo
-Hitting Chicago this week for the 50th time, can’t wait, but no workouts besides running and pushups… ugh.
There's a bad ass gym in the O'Hare airport. Steam room is 10,000 degrees, pool, sauna, free weights, squat racks, the works... oh wait, the lib government is about to shut it down. Can't have nothin'.

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha
- My right knee is killing me. GDit I hate getting old. And it was indoor for whoever asked, don’t think my feet could handle running on asphalt

-Me and my wife have been eating Kevin’s meals for the last 4 years. Sometimes up to 3x a week. Really easy and take about 10 minutes. Always the chicken. They’re at my grocery store but not sure if they carry them in KY

-I’ve lived in many different places, and I’m not sure who I would classify the hottest, but I know who I would classify the ugliest: Ohio. I mean JFC the people here look like goblins. Absolutely horrible.

Here in Basketball Heaven, we have Jacked (think Anth already mentioned it previously in this thread, don’t feel like going back to look).

It’s so legit. They have two “specials” for breakfast every week and three for lunch/dinner. You can also customize your own meals any way you want, the specials are just nice for “forced” variety.

It’s admittedly slightly expensive but worth every penny for baseball/cheerleading dad & mom.

Never been into the cocaine chic look.

Short. Stacked. Classy (aka Big Booty Judy).

😎
See give me slight frame with great legs and ass and keep those bags of tits away from me (in 80% of cases). I’m an ass and legs man.

I mean, boobs are fine and fun but little boobs look awesome as well and for waaaaaaay longer if we’re talking 35+ (or post kids *ducks*).

• Love
Reactions: UK-chulo
In comparison, there are hot women in both locations…toss up actually. Hate to knock KY ladies down a peg, but go to WalMart in north Lex and come back to me🤣 . It’s a class thing…show me a place where wealthy educated folks go and I’ll show you a parade of smoke.

but I can tell you, without equivocation, the men in KY are far softer, fatter, pussbois comparatively to NY dudes. That’s a fact. Product of all the fast food on every corner.

• Love
Reactions: UK-chulo
- @UK-chulo get a bar you can use for wide grip lat pulldowns, a rope, and EZ curl attachment. a set of handles if you're feeling froggy. That will take care of 99% of what you want to do with a cable machine.

- OB cleared me to continue lifting and to do literally anything that feels okay. I've felt like dogshit most of the last couple months so I haven't done a lot, but I still feel nice and strong...just wheezy. I immediately stopped using a belt (although it's safe until you have a bump) so I can learn how to breathe to support my core and pelvic floor. It feels very counterintuitive after becoming a pro at using Valsalva over the last decade, but I wanted to learn how to properly engage my core before I get huge and it gets tougher. I *think* I'm getting the hang of it? I was able to continue arching for bench until week 10, and then it started to create a weird strain on my core. Flat, feet-up bench for me until I can't lay flat anymore it is!

- I had really hilarious aspirations of eating well during pregnancy. Then the food aversions hit, and for weeks I ate almost nothing but bagels, sandwiches, and cheese. I haven't gained a pound yet, but as the aversions pass...I expect that will RAPIDLY change. Based on my weight pre-pregnancy, the standard recommendations for weight gain have me rolling around at 2 bills by delivery. That...is a bit of a mindeff, but we're trying to grow a linebacker in here, so oh well. I know how to eat well, it'll drop back off.

Sloot, how did you manage protein? All red meat (except Skyline...ha) is disgusting, and it gets tough to forcefeed poultry.

- Really hoping this kid inherits his father's bench and hand-eye coordination. It's a pick 'em on our squats, deadlifts, and speed. Pretty excited to grow a big strong kid who will get to see both parents, but especially his mom, be strong.

Dexascan 15 minutes from my gal’s house in Chicago for $75… St Pete is a waitlist or a script at most places it seems and double the price.

Can only go at 3 tomorrow but would love to do it, especially right now where I’m about as lean as I’ve ever been.

Congrats on the prego-lifting pretz, eating will be insane but as you said you’ll not be the type the weight will stick with.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
How early is too early to get a child of a weight training program?

My 2yo is 90+ percentile height but he needs to add some mass.

I've posted about this elsewhere but my wife and I sold our house last year. Rather than buy immediately, we leased a townhouse for a year (and recently extended through next February or so). We plan on starting to look at houses in July or so.

I've got her committed to a workout routine and loving the home gym we have in our crappy one car garage in a townhouse. I'm going to try to use this leverage to make sure I have my own home gym / garage / workshop at the next place. I've got basic equipment like a squat rack, rower, kettlebells, etc.

My question is this -- what are some reasonable luxuries and other ideas to put in a Gucci ass home gym setup? Like, is a home sauna worth it or just one of those things you'll use 5 times and then it collects dust until you get rid of it? Any ideas for decor, organization? Et cetera...

Last edited:
WS and I use our sauna basically everyday and have used consistently for going on 2 years. I worship. When it dies were gonna build a custom one in its spot.

When I build ours:
Treadmill
Rower
Bike
Squat rack, I like the retractable one
Cable machine
5-100# dumbbells or quality adjustable
1 Good adjustable bench
1 regular bench

You won't find anyone against a sauna here. I say go for it. The only caveat is that women aren't always the biggest fan of them, so your mileage may vary with the wife.

But there's no reason not to use one every day, and I've yet to find a fellow man who doesn't like using them once they get used to it.

I just can't get into my home gym.. I don't know if it's because it's at home.. or the fact that it's in my basement (even though it's a furnished and nice basement). Unless it's inclement weather, crunched for time or just looking to just do some rowing.. I always feel inclined to GO to the gym.

I've posted about this elsewhere but my wife and I sold our house last year. Rather than buy immediately, we leased a townhouse for a year (and recently extended through next February or so). We plan on starting to look at houses in July or so.

I've got her committed to a workout routine and loving the home gym we have in our crappy one car garage in a townhouse. I'm going to try to use this leverage to make sure I have my own home gym / garage / workshop at the next place. I've got basic equipment like a squat rack, rower, kettlebells, etc.

My question is this -- what are some reasonable luxuries and other ideas to put in a Gucci ass home gym setup? Like, is a home sauna worth it or just one of those things you'll use 5 times and then it collects dust until you get rid of it? Any ideas for decor, organization? Et cetera...
Do you use discord? I can put you onto one of the best resources on the internet for home gym equipment. Anything you can think of has been put through its paces by the members. Many manufacturers also frequent for feedback and also will preview new items. Sometimes we get first crack at new stuff.

In answer to your question immediately I’d recommend a single stack pulldown/low row. REP fitness just released one and in response Rogue dropped a revamped one with free shipping currently. Cable exercises are a luxury and the ladies are all over them at the gym. It’s a nice diversion from the dumbbells.

REP single stack
Rogue single stack w/free shipping

The good thing about these is they will fit with an 8’ ceiling. Which is a game changer.

Last edited:
For those wanting a steam option…for home. We put these in amenity areas in common gyms in NYC condos.

The problem is, you need some serious airchanges and moisture/condensation control in the house.

Hank, we've got a set of NuoBell adjustable dumbbells and they've been great. Take up very little space and they adjust easily and smoothly. You can't slam them on the floor, but tbh you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

We got rubber flooring from Menards. It was cheap as hell (do NOT buy from Rogue or any of those places, they'll upcharge you on that kind of thing) and it doesn't stink like horsestall mats. Even if you don't plan on doing anything on the floor/deadlifting barbells from the floor, rubber flooring is a must for a home gym IMO. Since all home gyms are basements/garages, humidity can be an issue, and rubber flooring will help tremendously to avoid slipping.

-my sauna box works just great for me with little space and $300 is all.

I definitely love the previous JNH infrared model I had but had to get rid of it when I rented my house out.

-Love my cold tub too but very few gals will get in those either. They’re just very unlikely to ever get in cold ass water.

-Posted in GYERO earlier but I went out today for my usual one mile run an hair before 7a and honest to God, f****d around and ran a halfer in 2:18 minutes.

Never run more than 5-6 miles consecutively in my life back in my 20s/teens, haven’t run more than one mile in years and even now it’s just 1-2x/week at most besides my stairs days.

From the beautiful neighborhoods of Lincoln Park where my friend lives to the Sears Tower and back to her place in Chicago. Around pedestrians, dogs, traffic lights, sets of 25 pushups at lights I couldn’t turn at, quick photo ops and some videos added in on the way and still stayed under 11 minute miles.

Nothing hurts too bad yet, assuming my legs are joints are aching tomorrow though. No blisters or anything. My epiglottis was swollen for an hour after though as I drank no water since I set out for a one mile run and sucked in 1,467,832 tons of air.

Was pretty damn proud of that tbh. Obviously I love physically testing myself, but I never thought I’d run that far, never wanted to, just plum happened.

That’s the absolute best. A big glassed-in shower with steam room. Been in a couple and they’re perfect. No extra room taken or clean up or setup. Multiple rainheads from the ceiling are obvious addition if you’re going that far.

Finally bought my own glute bands and ankle cable straps. So nice to not use the gym’s gear like that type of stuff. Never really thought how much nicer this is.

It’s the little things.

Probably because there's a lot of non-whites in NYC. Some of those NYC Latinas are ROUGH.

But our 8's, 9's and 10s are tip top. If you're a model in KY, you ain't staying there. If you're worth your weight in looks, you'll be in LA or NYC or somewhere similar.

And I saw nothing impressive, at all, about Lexington women. Aside from some coeds walking to a game at Rupp, I was unimpressed.

Are the women elsewhere? Louisville?
Come walk around Bowling Green, KY.

• Haha
In comparison, there are hot women in both locations…toss up actually. Hate to knock KY ladies down a peg, but go to WalMart in north Lex and come back to me🤣 . It’s a class thing…show me a place where wealthy educated folks go and I’ll show you a parade of smoke.

but I can tell you, without equivocation, the men in KY are far softer, fatter, pussbois comparatively to NY dudes. That’s a fact. Product of all the fast food on every corner.
That's just the south in general man. Lots of obesity down here. No one goes out because it's so damn hot. And in the winter time everyone sits in the house too. Back in the day everyone hunted or farmed for their meals. Worked outside. Did something.

Have been using a total gym and other workout items for years now and like it. Rather use my own shop as a workout venue because it is a lot easier to get going as I only need to walk out the back door and into the shop without driving to a gym.

20180714-180222.jpg

20180714-180234.jpg

Come walk around Bowling Green, KY.
Come on man, my dad lived there as I was growing up and it was NOTHING special, touch that doobie brother song or whatever shit 70s band wrote that BG song. Lexington SMOKES BG at college age to 30.

BG is the chain restaurant capitol of the world and everyone there LOOKS like that’s exactly how they want it…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT