ADVERTISEMENT

First SEC Series - Alabama

STUCKNBIG10

All-SEC
Aug 30, 2006
Pretty good SEC draw for UK this year, not having to play LSU, Arkansas, or Miss State.

Alabama has been a lower-middle SEC team for the last few years, so hopefully UK can win the series in Tuscaloosa. Alabama just swept MVSU this weekend on three consecutive shutouts. Overall, their record is 10-6.

Would be good to have a good start, b/c then UK welcomes South Carolina into Lexington the following weekend.

Originally posted by STUCKNBIG10:
Pretty good SEC draw for UK this year, not having to play LSU, Arkansas, or Miss State.

Alabama has been a lower-middle SEC team for the last few years, so hopefully UK can win the series in Tuscaloosa. Alabama just swept MVSU this weekend on three consecutive shutouts. Overall, their record is 10-6.

Would be good to have a good start, b/c then UK welcomes South Carolina into Lexington the following weekend.
Definitely a bit easier than last year. Auburn, Alabama, and Texas A&M are all unranked this season. So, replacing ranked teams with unranked is much better. However, Tennessee has improved greatly this year. They just took the series from Arizona State and are sitting at 14-1 on the season. They haven't played a tough schedule (206th) but they have taken care of business. For reference UK is ranked 77th, and I don't think our schedule has been too terrible difficult.

Alabama is not that good. We really need to take the series from them and start off on the right foot. Alabama doesn't seem to score too many runs so if our starters go pretty deep and our bats stay alive then I think that we can definitely put a beating on them. If the bats stay alive then teams will have to chase our hitting output and I think that could help to hide our bullpen weakness. Should be interesting going forward.

I believe we take the series down in Tuscaloosa. The tide doesn't appear to be as strong as in the past, and we are really hitting the ball well. If we get the bullpen shored up, we should do pretty well.

agreed, it's winnable, but UK baseball has historically lost a lot of winnable series like this (hell, we managed to get swept by an awful auburn team during our SEC championship season that resulted in a shared title instead of an outright title).

I'd be happy with a 2-1 series win and would be elated with a sweep. That takes us home for South carolina. The last time we welcomed South Carolina into Lexington, we got a series sweep.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:

Originally posted by STUCKNBIG10:

Definitely a bit easier than last year. Auburn, Alabama, and Texas A&M are all unranked this season. So, replacing ranked teams with unranked is much better. However, Tennessee has improved greatly this year. They just took the series from Arizona State and are sitting at 14-1 on the season. They haven't played a tough schedule (206th) but they have taken care of business. For reference UK is ranked 77th, and I don't think our schedule has been too terrible difficult.

Alabama is not that good. We really need to take the series from them and start off on the right foot. Alabama doesn't seem to score too many runs so if our starters go pretty deep and our bats stay alive then I think that we can definitely put a beating on them. If the bats stay alive then teams will have to chase our hitting output and I think that could help to hide our bullpen weakness. Should be interesting going forward.
CBK3...They did knock off then #1 ranked Virginia and you have to be impressed with the fact that 6 runs is the lowest pt total so far this season after a dismal season of swinging the bats last year...They are averaging 11.5 runs a game...That has to be in the top 10 in the country is it not..??

Slugger... I think our first win was extremely impressive, as has been our hitting. I have a tendency to believe that the hitting will continue. The Austin is what level will it plateau at. Average our well it continue to be upper level? If it continues to be upper level then we will be hard to beat because we cab hide our bullpen. If we become an average hitting team then I'm not sure we will have a great season. Just too many quotation marks at this point. I'm optimistic though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT