ADVERTISEMENT

First Album/8-Track/Cassette/CD you bought with your own money.

Snoop-Dogg-Doggystyle_Crop.jpg

I've already named my first LP but for the life of me I can't remember my first CD or cassette. I do know that my first 8-track was Foghat's Energized.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Kris Kross lol

All Eyez on Me and Next Too Close were the first I bought with my own money. Listened to all 3 CDs all the way to Miami and back. I literally learned all the lyrics to both CDs of PACs. I was 14 I think. It takes an eternity to drive there it seemed. I bet they're still at my parents house.

Van_Halen_-_1984.jpg

I'm not 100% if it was my first ever cassette purchase but it was my first when I went into the Air Force I believe. I know I had some Fat Boys, Duran Duran, Thompson Twins, and Prince before that Van Halen, but don't know who bought all of them.

I couldn't tell you the first cd. I know it was in the early 90's and I got some DJ Magic Mike cd's for the ridiculous bass. I use to do the Columbia House cd deals a lot back then. It was like 12 for $.01. Of course the 6 you had to buy were like $20 a piece, but it still ended up a pretty good deal when averaging all 18 together.

First tape: Michael Jackson - Bad, 1987
First CD: Ugly Kid Joe - America’s Least Wanted, 1992

I’m 58 years old. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast this morning. 😆
Sounds like me when I was at the pharmacy today trying to remember what the phone number was for it. Ended up giving the wrong one to them and had to correct it when I thought about in for a second. Relying to much on phones giving us all of our information. I can't even write worth a crap anymore since I barely do it. 😆

I bought 7 or 8 from Columbia House for a penny. I believe Zenyatta Mendatta was one of the first and ZZ Top's El Loco.

My first purchases were Get a grip Aerosmith and Nirvana nevermind in the 6th grade. I still have them 30 years later

The summer before sixth grade a buddy and I walked six miles to a Kmart. He bought something cool, like Boston or Speedwagon. I bought...🤣🤣🤣

Cruisin1978.jpg

We had never walked that far before and told no one that we were going. We misjudged how tired we would be and how long it would take to be able to make the return trip home.

My friend called his 19 year old cousin and she drove us home. Neither set of parents ever knew of that stunt.

High school freshman me bought...

il_680x540.3742291899_qyd1.jpg

And these people are probably still looking for me.

1*twVKv0btxWl2FYqj--TjOA.webp

I still have all of them.

I think i had at least 4 different names for albums from Columbia.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
I know my first album was AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

By the time i got to cassettes and CDs, i'm sure the first ones i got were from Columbia House, so there would've been 12 of them.

Cassette - Thriller by Michael Jackson - won 2nd place in the city public speaking contest for a cool $10. I signed the check over to my dad and he gave me money for the tape.
CD - Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em. Still not sure why.

8 track- Billy Joel Glass Houses. Kiss Unmasked

Album- AC/DC Back in Black. REO Speedwagon Hi Infidelity

Cd- Pearl Jam Ten. Nirvana Nevermind

First cassette was either Licensed to Ill or Cloud Nine by George Harrison.

First CD was The Incredible Base by Rob Base.

Record Bar in Turfland Mall (RIP) was the place to be.

Too young and/or not hipster enough to have bought any vinyl or 8-tracks.

First cassette -- Brothers in Arms by
Dire Straits

First LPs (just as they were phased out)

Led Zeppelin's fourth album &
Dark Side of the Moon fm Pink Floyd

First CD
A Fire of Unknown Origin - Blue Oyster Cult

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT