ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum

Cal deserves to be roasted. When he's winning, he's Swaggy Cal. When he's losing, he's Duck and Run Cal.
JuBk5pp.png

Last Friday or this Friday? I agree he should do it regardless. That show is goofy but people watch it. Some recruits may idk.

Finebaum said it best today...he said "the losing identifies character" in reference to him not showing up for the post game radio show after the game Saturday night.

Like it was stated above, Finebaum invited Barnes and Cal on his show last Friday to preview the Saturday night game. Barnes FaceTime'd Finebaum while leaving practice Friday (left early to accommodate the invitation by Finebaum to be on the show) ready to do it and Cal "immediately said "no" with no explanation as to why."

These type of invitations from Finebaum are just the thing Cal should be doing. Get on there with Barnes, have a little fun, show some humility....unfortunately the qualities needed in a coach to do that are something he just doesn't seem to have

Finebaum said it best today...he said "the losing identifies character" in reference to him not showing up for the post game radio show after the game Saturday night.

Like it was stated above, Finebaum invited Barnes and Cal on his show last Friday to preview the Saturday night game. Barnes FaceTime'd Finebaum while leaving practice Friday (left early to accommodate the invitation by Finebaum to be on the show) ready to do it and Cal "immediately said "no" with no explanation as to why."

These type of invitations from Finebaum are just the thing Cal should be doing. Get on there with Barnes, have a little fun, show some humility....unfortunately the qualities needed in a coach to do that are something he just doesn't seem to have
He's melting down. It's obvious.

Cal is not the right fit at UK.
He doesn’t play in Maui or other November tournaments.
He hates the SECT that so many UK fans love.
He doesn’t embrace the fans.
He thinks he’s above UK basketball.

We need a young energetic coach to bring life and limelight back to our program.

We need a young energetic coach to bring life and limelight back to our program.

All we care about is winning. When he was winning all that was fine. He sucks now and should have been fired years ago.

Young coach is fine as long as he has won something that matters.

well done sir!!!

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
well done sir!!!
Great words.
Beating a dead horse but when he said in 2011 that draft day was the greatest day in history of UK basketball it worried many of us and came to fruition. It was all about his legacy of putting players in the league and all star game and he could have cared less about UK and its fans. When he said he didn’t like the SEC tournament it was another red flag. When we went to the NIT and lost it was a red flag.

What UK coach John Calipari said in his 2018 Big Blue Madness speech

"But let me say this: It may feel like yesterday, but one look at me and you can tell what it's done to me. You people have beat me up. For some reason, it hasn't affected Ellen. But I've aged in dog years!"

Anyone else think Cal would be any better six years later?

What UK coach John Calipari said in his 2018 Big Blue Madness speech

"But let me say this: It may feel like yesterday, but one look at me and you can tell what it's done to me. You people have beat me up. For some reason, it hasn't affected Ellen. But I've aged in dog years!"

Anyone else think Cal would be any better six years later?
He's coached in dog years too...

• Haha
Reactions: CROCAT
Great words.
Beating a dead horse but when he said in 2011 that draft day was the greatest day in history of UK basketball it worried many of us and came to fruition. It was all about his legacy of putting players in the league and all star game and he could have cared less about UK and its fans. When he said he didn’t like the SEC tournament it was another red flag. When we went to the NIT and lost it was a red flag.
When Cal opens his mouth to talk that's a red flag.

Cal will use “We are the youngest team in College. And you wonder why Men manhandle them every game. They won’t magically turn into physical specimens like Bam in 1 month. But, he likes his team, he can get a few early weeks of vacation in March.

Reactions: CatPhight

Cal won't go on Finebaum anymore for the same reason he won't go on Matt Jones' show.

Finebaum has ROASTED Cal over how he has DESTROYED UK Basketball. Paul has called Cal out since the St. Peters loss for dragging down our program He has been critical of Cal's lack of effort the past few seasons. So Cal's little feelings are hurt.

He is such a hypocrite!!! He preaches accountability and how he "Can't hide you", then he HIDES from anyone that holds him accountable!!!

Thank you Paul for telling it like it is for the BBN!!!!!

Right. Most people see Nick Saban as some kind of old curmudgeon, but he would appear regularly on the Pat Macafee show (which is geared towards younger generations), even in the middle of the season. I know in Saban's head he had a million of more important things to do with this time than spend time on shows like that, especially in the middle of the season, but I think he understood. Certain kinds of exposure are important to recruiting and selling your program's brand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT