ADVERTISEMENT

Finally!!!

If Z could give us 15 and 9 this upcoming year, we would all be ecstatic.

Looks more 7'4 to me. 😁
andre-the-giant.jpg

I heard he is foul machine and tries to block everything. He averages 9 fouls per forty minutes and is bad defensively on pick and rolls. He has alot work to do to become college ready and should be good by his second year.
Won't be a second year.

Really happy he is here but I have to say this. He got a bit of Duke or Zag nerd appearance mixed in there.

This kid needs to get mean before conference starts. He will be physically beaten up severely in conference play. Very interested to see his defensive skills and hope they develop and I’m not just talking shot blocking. That’s a lot of player in one spot. Should be able to eat some space. If I were Cal I’d have him watch 2 hrs of WCS film every night before bed.

The most important question is… did Big Z manage to walk off the plane without rolling his ankle?

I heard he is foul machine and tries to block everything. He averages 9 fouls per forty minutes and is bad defensively on pick and rolls. He has alot work to do to become college ready and should be good by his second year.
No worries there. We have 3 seven footers. We have 15 fouls to spare!

Reactions: bevcat
Also, he can't possibly play before end of Finals in Dec can he, since he's not taking classes right now and is well past the add-deadline.
Wrong! Students have the option to add\drop curriculum in October. He can start choose and start taking classes immediately.

Look at the top NBA players right now. How many are non-american?
Non Americans or Europeans? 3 of the top 10 players are European. Of the top 10 players IMO Jokic, Giannis, and Luka are European, Embiid is African, SGA is Canadian, the majority are American. If you look at the top 100. Players in the world, the. Ast majority are American.

Non Americans or Europeans? 3 of the top 10 players are European. Of the top 10 players IMO Jokic, Giannis, and Luka are European, Embiid is African, SGA is Canadian, the majority are American. If you look at the top 100. Players in the world, the. Ast majority are American.

Here's to hoping Big Z has a more productive college career at UK than this dude. Nearly 40 years and I still occasionally wonder what could have been? 😜

m.jpg

Last edited:
Think it's gonna take him some time. He looks rail thin, has a Euro guy ever been tough? He's got talent, but I'd worry that his best playing days will be when he is in the NBA. He's still a bit of a project.

I'll take skill over whatever you think he needs to look like physically to contribute. There are dudes playing right now in the NBA that are skinnier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT