Final 4 Semi-Finals - Chroix vs. drcats2013

Who would win in a 1 game elimination?

• chroix

• drcats2013

Results are only viewable after voting.

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to March Madness this is the Final 4 of the 2024 UK Draft. (Click Here for Bracket).

Voters - Please vote for the team you believe would win in a 1 game elimination format. You will be able to change your vote and voting period is open for 48 hours. If a tie should occur I will extend the voting by another 2 hours until the tie is broken. Your vote will be visible.

@chroix - Karl Towns, Julius Randle, Reed Sheppard, Jeff Sheppard, Tyrese Maxey, Jamaal Magloire, Cliff Hawkins, Alex Groza. Allen Edwards, TyTy Washington, Steve Masiello

vs.

@drcats2013 - Tony Delk, Goose Givens, Sam Bowie, Shai Gil Alexander, Willie Cauley Stein, Immanuel Quickley, Eric Bledsoe, Alex Poythress, Josh Harrellson, Wah Wah Jones, Ravi Moss

Reactions: jrpross
Coin flip. I defer to the wisdom of the board on the last rounds here. I will say if Willie is playing the four I am pounding him with Randle all night long and seeing if he can handle the physical play. Can Sam keep up with KAT? I give Delk the slight edge but I might throw Maxey at him and see what happens. Would be a hell of a game and I like both teams a lot.

Coin flip. I defer to the wisdom of the board on the last rounds here. I will say if Willie is playing the four I am pounding him with Randle all night long and seeing if he can handle the physical play. Can Sam keep up with KAT? I give Delk the slight edge but I might throw Maxey at him and see what happens. Would be a hell of a game and I like both teams a lot.
Both teams have tons of play makers. @chroix 's bigs are slightly more talented offensively. @drcats2013 has more depth in the backcourt. Both guard collections are elite. Guys like Hawkins and Poythress could be vital in a game like this from the defensive end.

@chroix is going new school with three guards while @drcats2013 has a traditional lineup with two bigs, a pure small forward, a pure shooting guard, and an elite playmaker.

I could see it if Cal was coaching my team, but I kicked him to the curb. KAT is free to shoot threes. Can Bowie adjust? Can he keep up? Does he go for the head fake after a couple of makes and open the lane for drives? Delk heating up? Throw Cliff Hawkins at him. Probably can't completely shut him down but Cliff was a beast on defense. drcats team has a lot of weapons, but I've got a lot of options to pick from, from finesse three point focused offense to pound it down your throat bully ball.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Gonna keep it simple for now:

Shai = Reed
Delk >> Maxey
Givens >>Jeff
WCS<Randle
Bowie = KAT

Delk and Givens give me a massive advantage in this match. Everything else is pretty even, but they are far and away ahead of their counterparts. I also think my bench has a slight advantage. There is no run away as my opponent has a solid team, but also no question I should be the favorite.

I’m shooting tons of threes ala Mark Pope style offense. Can Delk make enough to keep them in it? Doubtful.

I’m shooting tons of threes ala Mark Pope style offense. Can Delk make enough to keep them in it? Doubtful.
I think Shai, Delk, and Willie will have a lot to say about those 3 pointers dropping at a consistent rate.

To add to this, if anyone can make a lot of 3’s in a clutch scenario, it’s the man that already got it done on the biggest stage of all

• Love
Reactions: chroix
I like Delk Goose and Bowie better here than any trio on other team.

Shai is old school, style play would prob mix well. His play I think goes good against the Sheppard combo -

I can see WCS being pretty good on Randle 1st shot but my question is can he keep him off glass on his miss or someone else- he and Bowie are pretty slim.

• Love
Reactions: drcats2013

Shai is old school, style play would prob mix well. His play I think goes good against the Sheppard combo -

I can see WCS being pretty good on Randle 1st shot but my question is can he keep him off glass on his miss or someone else- he and Bowie are pretty slim.
I appreciate you saying that. I felt the same about the trio, but of course have my own biases. I tried to add some lengthy defenders with them (Shai and WCS) that can guard multiple positions without needing shots, then Quickley and his shooting first off the bench.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
Toughest one yet.

apr-1996-guard-tony-delk-of-kentucky-university-dribbles-the-ball-up-picture-id227175

Reactions: drcats2013

People are forgetting Randle demanded a double team and even then was rarely stopped. Like Mark Knopfler said, “The man too big. The man too strong.” Willie would be doodling in his coloring book for on the bench with fouls in about three plays.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
People are forgetting Randle demanded a double team and even then was rarely stopped. Like Mark Knopfler said, “The man too big. The man too strong.” Willie would be doodling in his coloring book for on the bench with fouls in about three plays.
Pretty disrespectful to say that about an all American that received this status solely on his defensive prowess. He and Sam would do a great job containing Randle. He’d get his, but it wouldn’t be easy at all.

Pretty disrespectful to say that about an all American that received this status solely on his defensive prowess. He and Sam would do a great job containing Randle. He’d get his, but it wouldn’t be easy at all.
Alls fair in love and war. Willie was great. Together they can stop him, but then who covers KAT? You're pointing out the weaknesses that I will exploit over and over.

What's the vote? I am not voting until I hear all the arguments.
He says I can’t stop Randle, but who does he have to stop Goose? Let along Delk. WCS and Bowie, two front court all Americans, will handle Randle as well as he can be handled. The length of Shai and WCS will give his team fits defensively. The Sheppards and Maxey will not be at their best in this matchup.

He says I can’t stop Randle, but who does he have to stop Goose? Let along Delk. WCS and Bowie, two front court all Americans, will handle Randle as well as he can be handled. The length of Shai and WCS will give his team fits defensively. The Sheppards and Maxey will not be at their best in this matchup.

Now he’s putting up a fight. I like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT