ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL 2024 Rivals250 released

They are but one has a bum shoulder, that's a concern.
Defensive players in the front seven end up getting offseason shoulder surgeries all the time, and are almost always 100% in time for camp the following summer. IMO that is not a concern for Smith whatsoever.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Defensive players in the front seven end up getting offseason shoulder surgeries all the time, and are almost always 100% in time for camp the following summer. IMO that is not a concern for Smith whatsoever.

Depends on the injury. SLAP tear or rotator cuff could have long term effect. At any rate, lifting isn't possible during rehab which adversely effects upper body strength. Let's hope it isn't too serious.

I take that Buford, GA team was decent.

They were decent but were put out of playoffs in 2nd round by a team with no superstars. UGA signed a kid from Buford for first time in 5-6 years. Buford coach is a Bama grad. Buford also has a bigger recruiting budget than anyone not in a P5.

Depends on the injury. SLAP tear or rotator cuff could have long term effect. At any rate, lifting isn't possible during rehab which adversely affects upper body strength. Let's hope it isn't too serious.
Honestly labrum tears in your shoulder aren’t as big a deal as they used to be. I had a labrum surgeries on one shoulder each in 2014 and 2015 (both almost entirely torn), and both shoulders were near full strength within 3-4 months of the surgery date. I imagine the procedures have gotten even more streamlined since then. I completely agree on the severity of a rotator cuff injury though, for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT