ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County School News - Cassidy

Or:
1. Complain on the internet about a local issue.
2. Agree with each other that everything needs to change immediately locally.
3. As a parent, do nothing about the specific situation you disagree with and watch a game instead.
4. Complain on the internet about a new issue you dislike locally within 30 days.

Rinse, repeat.

Or:
1. Complain on the internet about a local issue.
2. Agree with each other that everything needs to change immediately locally.
3. As a parent, do nothing about the specific situation you disagree with and watch a game instead.
4. Complain on the internet about a new issue you dislike locally within 30 days.

Rinse, repeat.

Or:

Be a childless weirdo posting multiple times in threads about schools and school age children and lecture parents with kids on how they should spend their time all the while completely ignoring the irony of his own posts.

Or:

Be a childless weirdo posting multiple times in threads about schools and school age children and lecture parents with kids on how they should spend their time all the while completely ignoring the irony of his own posts.
Appreciate ya going personal. Hey, at least I didn't attack your children like one poster once did and then asked where they went to school like a creeper.

My point stands. All I'm saying is if things are that bad and that backwards, logic tells this poster that parents should be more involved in local school system situations to try to change things again, on a local level. I see Anth reacted to your post. Cool I guess. Some of you really stick together online. I've read that dude's posts for ages (been reading these boards since the Tubby days). He seems like a super guy. You'll never read a post of mine that downs anyone's parenting skills here but there is nothing wrong with pointing out that if you, the parent, are unhappy with certain aspects of your local school system, and there are many other parents who feel the same, complaining on the internet does very little. And nearly every month dads log on to post about how awful the Fayette County school system is. If your child belongs to that system, help any way you can that brings possible change to certain aspects of that system to your liking. Again, tell me when I'm telling lies. You don't need to act as if I'm personally attacking you and that's something I'm not going to do to you. Have a good evening.

Private school, or home school.

Those are your options at this point. Getting involved/participating won't get you sh*t.

Public education, in this day and age doesn't WANT nosey parents. They HATE that crap.

My advice, contrary to Nightwishes' is to take the time you'd spend (waste) "getting involved" and deliver pizzas to help pay for private school/home school.

Can a child, anecdotally, attend public schools and get out with a decent education and make something of themselves? Absolutely.

BUT, you're essentially putting 200 dollars on red, and hoping for the best.

Again: Home or private school gives you the best odds.

Public Education, in it's current form, is a complete waste of money and resources. If it were a private company, it would (and should) be in bankruptcy court.

District Administrations/CO spend VAST amounts of resources to:

Manipulate data

Obfuscate financial transparency

Employ complete dimwits that they can't legally get rid of

Write grant applications

I'm not kidding. That is ALL that goes on over at Park Place. This isn't hyperbole.

Last edited:

Those are your options at this point. Getting involved/participating won't get you sh*t.

Public education, in this day and age doesn't WANT nosey parents. They HATE that crap.

My advice, contrary to Nightwishes' is to take the time you'd spend (waste) "getting involved" and deliver pizzas to help pay for private school/home school.

Can a child, anecdotally, attend public schools and get out with a decent education and make something of themselves? Absolutely.

Public Education, in it's current form, is a complete waste of money and resources. If it were a private company, it would (and should) be in bankruptcy court.

Manipulate data

Write grant applications

I'm not kidding. That is ALL that goes on over at Park Place. This isn't hyperbole.
Best, logical post in here!

Not enough money for art classes. Sounds like they may need more of your tax money 🤦🏻‍♂️:

Fayette County Superintendent and his husband were previously involved in questionable finance activity in a district:

Updates:
So why doesn't KY have vouchers?

Manipulate data

Write grant applications

I’m sure you and I could compare notes over some pints. We feel exactly the same way about these clowns.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
I'd love to hear what it is the public school parents are supposed to do. Mutual friend, with similar beliefs during covid, ran for school board and got smoked by some idiot. The parents at Cassidy are raising hell... and it doesn't matter at all. It's really a shame but most of the parents who care will eventually go to private schools because of the bs of our public education.

I'd love to hear what it is the public school parents are supposed to do. Mutual friend, with similar beliefs during covid, ran for school board and got smoked by some idiot. The parents at Cassidy are raising hell... and it doesn't matter at all. It's really a shame but most of the parents who care will eventually go to private schools because of the bs of our public education.
Anthony, I'm as certain as I can be, that you all are great parents, and will do everything necessary to help your kids in school. And, chances are, with that kind of support, nothing would go wrong. BUT, if I had it to do over again, I'll be damned if I would leave it to chance/public schools.

If you have the resources, private school. If you have the time AND resources, home school.

I know everyone likes to make fun of home schooling, but the research bears it out. They do much better than public and even private school kids.* Plus, the law says that they're allowed to participate in public school sports activities etc (not a 100 percent positive on that, but almost)

*(this is, of course, predicated upon the parents not being dumb or addicted, etc. which is clearly not the case with you all. )

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang
Correct, HK. Ours would be in Cassidy if not for covid but we'd be in the same situation our friends are in now... trying to figure out what to do when it's time for middle school.

Not to go to overboard, though. Obviously, with good parenting, a lot of the nonsense is easily navigated. Plus, there are benefits to a kid being in the public school environment, less chance they'll be coddled.

Appreciate ya going personal.

Relax buddy, not trying to go personal. You tend to go on long passive aggressive rants about what people spend their time and energy on. Just giving you back some shit, nothing more.

“Hey, at least I didn't attack your children like one poster once did and then asked where they went to school like a creeper.”

Now THAT I appreciate 😂 That was one of the crazier interactions I’ve had on here ever posting. That guy is a complete psychopath and I’ve done my best to avoid any conversations with him as much as possible. Hopefully he’s not waiting outside your window right now

Because it's damn hard to get elected in Kentucky if you buck KEA/threaten their monopoly.

It's no more complicated than that.
The “Champions of School Choice” Republican Party have held a f’ing SUPER MAJORITY in both the House and Senate during Beshear’s entire governorship. They could have damn well passed any piece of legislation during that time and overridden a veto but haven’t. Do you actually believe KEA is responsible for their lack of school choice legislation? Kentucky is full of small rural schools that are the center of their communities. As bleak of a picture that most here paint of public schools, most constituents in these small rural school districts rate their own school highly. The super majorities inaction is a reflection of that. Legislators are licking their finger, sticking it in the air back home, checking the political wind, and choosing not to do something that would be perceived as negative to local schools. It has nothing to do with the “evil KEA”.

I was tagged. Trust me, I generally do everything I can to avoid your inane, creepy drivel.

And you don’t know what you’re talking about. “Manage $$$ better.” 😂 K. Great answer/solution.

Keep posting on a buried UK sports message board about all of your gripes with FCPS (and trust me, I have plenty of my own, but I’m not airing it out or discussing it here). THAT will make a difference. 🙄
Just trying to create awareness for parents who have kids in FCPS or those who don’t have kids in FCPS but their hard earned tax money gets used by FCPS. So thank you for posting in my thread and continuing to bump so we can create awareness of the FCPS dumpster fire.

The “Champions of School Choice” Republican Party have held a f’ing SUPER MAJORITY in both the House and Senate during Beshear’s entire governorship. They could have damn well passed any piece of legislation during that time and overridden a veto but haven’t. Do you actually believe KEA is responsible for their lack of school choice legislation? Kentucky is full of small rural schools that are the center of their communities. As bleak of a picture that most here paint of public schools, most constituents in these small rural school districts rate their own school highly. The super majorities inaction is a reflection of that. Legislators are licking their finger, sticking it in the air back home, checking the political wind, and choosing not to do something that would be perceived as negative to local schools. It has nothing to do with the “evil KEA”.
Please show me the ratings by rural school district. Thanks.

Legislature did pass either a charter or voucher or both bill several years back, I forget which, and KY SC shot it down as not meeting what they thought was the definition of public schools by the current constitution. So they cannot pass a law but must amend the constitution.

The Legislature then put a very complicated constitutional amendment on ballot 2-3 years ago for vouchers that failed - I think because it was so long that it caused peoples' eyes to glaze over.

The amendment the this time is much simpler, cleaner. I don't think it can get easier for people. If this fails, then the people have spoken that they want sh!tty monopoly public schools. Other states' residents aren't being that stupid. Net, we will have earned our country bumpkin label when this goes down.

Keep posting on a buried UK sports message board about all of your gripes with FCPS (and trust me, I have plenty of my own, but I’m not airing it out or discussing it here). THAT will make a difference. 🙄
So where should he air it out? Certainly BOA ain't going to listen.

Man…I keep getting quoted and tagged, so I’m just gonna leave it at this.

LLSA clearly cares a lot about our school system. That was an asshole move on my part to just go in on him. I’m sorry.

But I’m also ****ing pissed right now that the arts program got cancelled. I’m being legit when I say my son is (was?) a significant part of that program. It’s been devastating to him.

I stand by the fact that FCPS parents and teachers had no say in any of this.

We will being going to CTK as soon as we are off the wait list. And we even have close friends that are part of FCPS, Cassidy specifically, but I’m done.

Man…I keep getting quoted and tagged, so I’m just gonna leave it at this.

LLSA clearly cares a lot about our school system. That was an asshole move on my part to just go in on him. I’m sorry.

But I’m also ****ing pissed right now that the arts program got cancelled. I’m being legit when I say my son is (was?) a significant part of that program. It’s been devastating to him.

I stand by the fact that FCPS parents and teachers had no say in any of this.

We will being going to CTK as soon as we are off the wait list. And we even have close friends that are part of FCPS, Cassidy specifically, but I’m done.
All good brother! I agree from everything I see this was no fault of parents and teachers. I am sorry to hear that about your son. And I believe on the whole, most of the teachers are great, and want no part of much of what administration tries to do. We have been very fortunate with our public school teachers and I am very thankful for them. Teachers are in a bad spot because they can’t speak out and lose their job..I get that. I have heard great things about CTK. Hope you all get in there.

Reactions: CSC81
All good brother! I agree from everything I see this was no fault of parents and teachers. I am sorry to hear that about your son. And I believe on the whole, most of the teachers are great, and want no part of much of what administration tries to do. We have been very fortunate with our public school teachers and I am very thankful for them. Teachers are in a bad spot because they can’t speak out and lose their job..I get that. I have heard great things about CTK. Hope you all get in there.
LLSA - I support your efforts to bring things to light with respect to FCPS. This might be a sports forum, but if you want to get a message out, then take it to the people. And in Kentucky, a lot of the people get on UK sports forums.

I know you've taken flak over the years, but like I said, you're fighting the good fight. I chip in on your threads when I think I can augment it/flesh out stuff, owing to my up close knowledge of what really happens there.

Anyway, keep up the good work. And, I say this with all sincerity, you really should consider running for School Board. If you ever do, I'll write your first campaign donation check, and help in any way I can.

LLSA - I support your efforts to bring things to light with respect to FCPS. This might be a sports forum, but if you want to get a message out, then take it to the people. And in Kentucky, a lot of the people get on UK sports forums.

I know you've taken flak over the years, but like I said, you're fighting the good fight. I chip in on your threads when I think I can augment it/flesh out stuff, owing to my up close knowledge of what really happens there.

Anyway, keep up the good work. And, I say this with all sincerity, you really should consider running for School Board. If you ever do, I'll write your first campaign donation check, and help in any way I can.
Appreciate it Hyman. I always enjoy reading your posts/the way you go about things! The person who wrote the op ed in my original post was an excellent candidate for school board, but unfortunately he came in third to a woman who was former board member from 2007 - 2016, and the other a woman who was board member from 2016 - 2022. It’s just very, very difficult to break thru the establishment. One of these days maybe I’ll have to give it some thought. Just don’t think I can at this point for several factors.

Yeah I don’t fault Cassidy/their SBDM. Like you say they had to work with what they were given by the school board/Fayette county administration. But I think this may highlight a bigger issue within FCPS. Like the op ed says, where is all the FCPS money going? They continually need more money from the community and our superintendent has a questionable past per the articles, so I think it’s fair to scrutinize their (our) money.

Going to insane salaries to hundreds of administrators that are completely worthless. Same story as every other major public school system. Teacher's unions and politics ruined schools.

Sorry again. I’m an asshole. Clown knows that better than anybody.

I deleted my earlier texts (even if they’ve been quoted for posterity), said some things I really shouldn’t have.

Appreciate it Hyman. I always enjoy reading your posts/the way you go about things! The person who wrote the op ed in my original post was an excellent candidate for school board, but unfortunately he came in third to a woman who was former board member from 2007 - 2016, and the other a woman who was board member from 2016 - 2022. It’s just very, very difficult to break thru the establishment. One of these days maybe I’ll have to give it some thought. Just don’t think I can at this point for several factors.
I appreciate the updates having a kid in FCPS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT