ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Mel Brooks movies

What four Mel Brooks films are on your Mt. Rushmore of Mel Brooks films?

• Blazing Saddles

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Dracula: Dead and Loving It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High Anxiety

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • History of the World: Part I

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • The Producers

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Silent Movie

• Spaceballs

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • The Twelve Chairs

• Young Frankenstein

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
Only had room for ten of the eleven films that he directed on the poll. Life Stinks is his worst-reviewed work, so it was the one that got the axe. đź’€

Blazing Saddles, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Spaceballs, and Young Frankenstein are my picks.

I've never seen High Anxiety, Silent Movie, or The Twelve Chairs, and I haven't seen The Producers or History of the World: Part I since I was a kid. I don't remember if I've seen Life Stinks.

Only had room for ten of the eleven films that he directed on the poll. Life Stinks is his worst-reviewed work, so it was the one that got the axe. đź’€

Blazing Saddles, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Spaceballs, and Young Frankenstein are my picks.

I've never seen High Anxiety, Silent Movie, or The Twelve Chairs, and I haven't seen The Producers or History of the World: Part I since I was a kid. I don't remember if I've seen Life Stinks.
You made a big, big mistake on the correct answer.
And just so I'm not that guy that makes you wait but am that guy that will point it out loudly. IT'S HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART 2!!! HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART 1 IS THE PIECE OF CRAP FOLLOW UP THEY DID LAST YEAR ON HULU MFER.

You made a big, big mistake on the correct answer.
And just so I'm not that guy that makes you wait but am that guy that will point it out loudly. IT'S HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART 2!!! HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART 1 IS THE PIECE OF CRAP FOLLOW UP THEY DID LAST YEAR ON HULU MFER.

My bad! I haven't seen it in like 35 years. The only scenes I even remember is Moses breaking the Fifteen Commandments and the "Hitler on Ice" thing at the end, and Gregory Hines as Roman. XD

I'm gonna try to watch High Anxiety sometime soon.

My bad! I haven't seen it in like 35 years. The only scenes I even remember is Moses breaking the Fifteen Commandments and the "Hitler on Ice" thing at the end, and Gregory Hines as Roman. XD

I'm gonna try to watch High Anxiety sometime soon.
As long as you agree this is any funny as anything in Young Frankenstein.
And "you got to let the coolness get into your vertebrae" is a seriously underrated line.

Last edited:
As long as you agree this is any funny as anything in Young Frankenstein.
And "you got to let the coolness get into your vertebrae" is a seriously underrated line.

That's great. XD

This is my current favorite scene from a Mel Brooks movie:

Go Blazing Saddles GIF

If Bazing Saddles isn’t your #1, you are wrong. Lotta good ones after that, but cannot under rate the Producers. Purposely trying to sink a movie by creating a musical called “Spring time for Hitler”…no one else could do it…

Life Stinks Stunk…
ditto you provincial putz!?!?!?

I don't have four favorite Mel Brooks movies, but I certainly think three of them are great -- the original "The Producers," "Blazing Saddles," and "Young Frankenstein." To me, the rest are just OK.

If you’ve seen a lot of Alfred Hitchcock movies and liked them, High Anxiety is pretty funny. If you haven’t,….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT