ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Guitar Riffs

Megadeths Holy Wars and Tornado of Souls is up there for me. So many that I love there'd be too many too list but those two are at the top for me.

Got to see Megadeth play both in 2013 at Bridgestone when they opened for Maiden. Their entire setlist that night:

Prince of Darkness
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
Kingmaker
Tornado of Souls
Peace Sells
Symphony of Destruction
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Silent Scorn

👹

Symptom of the Universe - Black Sabbath (but Ozzy's live version on Speak of the Devil). What is odd about it is that the band members (Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, and Randy Rhoads) refused to do the live album of the Black Sabbath covers. They felt they where too accomplished musicians to do Sabbath covers. It eventually lead to the firing of Rhoads, but he agreed to perform on the album to fulfill his contract agreement. Ozzy several hours before he drunkenly pissed on the Alamo and was arrested, fired the whole band. He said he didn't remember doing it. This all happened right before Rhoads died in a plane crash. Brad Gillis would become the guitarist for the live show / recordings.

It is one of my favorite albums, loved the live sound. Rudy Sarzo is one of my favorite bassist. Jake E Lee still today is my favorite guitarist.

Reactions: UK82
My favorite is played all the time on the radio but it's still number 1 in my book. Comfortably Numb by David Gilmour and Pink Floyd. I never get tired of hearing it.

Reactions: BCD and UK82
Love the raw sound and riffs all through out the Motley Crue "Too Fast For Love" album. "Merry Go Round" I still crank to this day. "Live Wire" and "Come on and Dance" also. Totally different sound than any of their other albums.

Page has a killer solo in Achilles Last Stand. Probably my favorite Zepp song. For some good raw Zeppelin check out the BBC Sessions. Love all the golf claps before and after songs lol. Poor souls didn't know what hit 'em.

Reactions: Blueisbest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT