BC
Tank McNamara

Bottom 5:
Cathy
Nancy
Family Circus
Ziggy
Doonesbury

When I was a kid, the local paper carried the comic Miss Peach which I enjoyed. Then, we moved to a new state, and the new newspapers didn't carry it. I haven't thought about Miss Peach in years until this thread got me thinking about comic strips, but apparently it kept on being produced. And by the original guy. I just read about the author, Mel Lazarus. He continued the strip until Alzheimer's claimed him. 2016.

It seems looking back as if it was inspired by Peanuts. The characters are all half pints, and almost identical. They were drawn in profile with enormous noses pointed almost to the sky. The title character was their teacher. She's around 4 times taller than the kids, but she too was always in profile. I can't remember a single joke or story line.

Misspeach52960.jpg

Reactions: Lamar Card
Favorite - Bloom County

Least favorite - Cathy (who wants to read about an insecure non-shutting up bitch?

(although, I'm pretty sure I left a bar, highly inebriated, with her, more than once in my life. "Please God, let me get out of this apartment w/o waking her up, and I SWEAR, I'll never drink again..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT