ADVERTISEMENT

Fall World Series

A lot of the pitchers have been shut down. Theres only about 5 pitchers on each team. There are game goals and other things that give each team points,etc. It's hard to keep up with who is winning, except for the actual score.

Really hard to know who is who. They are wearing old jerseys, so some of them dont have their actual numbers on. Shin is 12 on black, and Hill is 12 on blue, but he's normally 37.

Last edited:
A lot of the pitchers have been shut down. Theres only about 5 pitchers on each team. There are game goals and other things that give each team points,etc. It's hard to keep up with who is winning, except for the actual score.

Really hard to know who is who. They are wearing old jerseys, so some of them dont have their actual numbers on. Shin is 12 on black, and Hill is 12 on blue, but he's normally 37.

They don't have a blue and a black practice jersey?

They don't have a blue and a

Yes, they do but they are wearing older blue and black game jerseys. These particular jerseys, they just dont have everyone's numbers. So some guys are just wearing whatever number they have in their team color.

Well, it was cold and windy. Black team wins the world series. Fall ball is now over. Time to see who stays and who goes. February cant come soon enough.

NOTE: Umpire today was really really bad, both ways.

Well, it was cold and windy. Black team wins the world series. Fall ball is now over. Time to see who stays and who goes. February cant come soon enough.

C33...speak for yourself. I'll be 68 on Wed, no more wishing for time to fly by. It can take it's sweet time!:joy::scream::scream::smiley::sunglasses:[banana]:boxing::cool2:

Reactions: parrott

Forgive my ignorance, but now what happens? haha.

Is this a period in which coaches cannot conduct any team activities so the team must work out on their own or with just S&C coaches or what?

When, to your knowledge, do they start making these final cuts? What is the usual mechanism that they do this? Does each individual player have a meeting with the coaches to discuss their status, or do they just kind of end up with a pink slip in their locker? Do they basically cut everyone all at once, or do they come in waves?

Coach Mingione makes them earn the practice gear by accomplishing goals.

Yea, but I have to imagine that most players at this point have earned their practice uniforms. After all, these were the last 3 practices of fall, so if they don't have them by now then they likely aren't going to make the team or get them. However, I do think that making them earn each piece of equipment is pretty cool.

They have 3 days off. They should be getting ready for Iron Cats. They will break up into teams and compete in physical challenges.

They usually take a questionnaire about teammates, who is best at this or that, who would you put in the lineup,who should be on the travel roster, etc. IMO, this gives you an idea of who gets along with who and how the overall team will work together. Maybe there are some major issues between players? How can you work things out?

Then in the near future, they will have their individual meetings with the coaches to figure out where they stand. These meetings take place over several days. (I think they happen right before Christmas break). Based on what you are told, some will choose to leave, others might be told to leave, and some of course will be redshirted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT