ADVERTISEMENT

Factoid: first time since the 70-71 season

I don't remember that season being stellar. Good. Not stellar. Scoring a bunch of points is worthless is the opponent scores more. We have played twice this year against competitive teams. We are 1 - 1.

• Wow
Reactions: CatEye2010
I don't remember that season being stellar. Good. Not stellar. Scoring a bunch of points is worthless is the opponent scores more. We have played twice this year against competitive teams. We are 1 - 1.
Miami scored 73 last night, and prior to that they were averaging about 89 a game. Defense did its job last night and will continue to get better, especially when one of the bigs is in the line up.

Miami scored 73 last night, and prior to that they were averaging about 89 a game. Defense did its job last night and will continue to get better, especially when one of the bigs is in the line up.
Defense took a big step forward and will only get better with the addition of bigs and Camp Cal. UK can be a tour de force.

This group shoots way better than Fox/Monk. And has way more depth.

And Quickley/Maxey could both shoot well, but had Hagans at PG, who was a liability shooting from 3.

To be fair, Wagner is a liability as well. We have 3 amazing shooters in Reed, Reeves and Rob though. They are shooting 3s like me playing playstation on rookie mode.

Miami also couldn’t knock down shots at times Wide open shots. If you call that good defense, well ok. I call it luck. Defense has a long way to go before it reaches its potential.

Miami also couldn’t knock down shots at times Wide open shots. If you call that good defense, well ok. I call it luck. Defense has a long way to go before it reaches its potential.
You’re right, UK had nothing to do with it; it was all Miami’s own doing.

I’ll take an efficient offensive team who has room for improvement on defense vs a defensive minded team who can’t hit anything.

Reactions: dl51344
You’re right, UK had nothing to do with it; it was all Miami’s own doing.

I’ll take an efficient offensive team who has room for improvement on defense vs a defensive minded team who can’t hit anything.
Defense first always. No exceptions, no compromise. At some point, shots won’t fall. It just happens. In a tournament, you go home.

Defense first always. No exceptions, no compromise. At some point, shots won’t fall. It just happens. In a tournament, you go home.
I’m honestly no too worried about it right now. It’ll come in due time. This team seems to embrace the grind, and Cal/staff will work those kinks out.

Best guards since Fox-Monk. Yep better than Quickly-Maxey. And they were damn good.

I think I agree. And I think if we add this year's 3rd guard (let's say that's Dilly), to go up against the 3rd guard in 2017 (Briscoe).. this year might take it.

We still have to see how SEC play goes. But this might be our best back court under Cal? Is that possible?

Obviously I'll take Wall/Bledsoe over our top two right now. They also proved it over the entire season.. but man it's hard for me to out any other backcourt above what were seeing from Dilly/Wagner/Shep. And if we want to go one deeper, Reeves is a heck of a 4th piece.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
I’m honestly no too worried about it right now. It’ll come in due time. This team seems to embrace the grind, and Cal/staff will work those kinks out.
It worried me against Marshall. That defense was horrible. So many open shots There was improvement against Miami. That said I have not seen proof they will be a good defensive team against a competent basketball team. We’ll have to wait till we play more good teams to find out. You do not learn defense against patsies.

It worried me against Marshall. That defense was horrible. So many open shots There was improvement against Miami. That said I have not seen proof they will be a good defensive team against a competent basketball team. We’ll have to wait till we play more good teams to find out. You do not learn defense against patsies.
Good thing is that the competition will continue to go up. Hopefully one of the bigs can be a serviceable shot blocker. I think we can revisit this come league play, and Id imagine the d is a little more tighten up.

Good thing is that the competition will continue to go up. Hopefully one of the bigs can be a serviceable shot blocker. I think we can revisit this come league play, and Id imagine the d is a little more tighten up.
My thoughts exactly. League play will tell the story. I don’t have any notion that it will tighten up but the need and the team’s response will become apparent. Road games in the SEC are revealing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT