ADVERTISEMENT

Except for that shaky start...

Mike-McD

Senior
Aug 3, 2022
We really weren't that bad.

Considering we were missing literally 4 of our 5 tallest guys.

The good:

We outscored them 81-45 in the last 35 or so minutes.

We ran up and down the court instead of getting clogged up in the half court.

Shep, Dilly, and Tre were really good. Shep will be on the floor in crunch time, as sure as death and taxes.

Reeves has range.

Only THREE TURNOVERS! WTF!

The bad:

Our freshmen still can't hit the side of a barn at eight inches. Seems like a universal problem these days.

We have no shot blocking, no inside presence. Hopefully our bigs come back this season.

The slow start was concerning. Reminded me of the K-State game a few years ago.

It's hard to judge this game because we really don't know how good Commerce really is, but aTm beat them easily which is no bueno.

It was the Texas school for Home Economics, though. In that context, we were flat out awful.

When everyone last year was salivating about this monster class, do you think they were envisioning performances and results like this?

It was the Texas school for Home Economics, though. In that context, we were flat out awful.

When everyone last year was salivating about this monster class, do you think they were envisioning performances and results like this?

I seem to remember Wall and Boogie needing a last second shot to beat Miami Ohio around this time of year. We won last night by 20.

I don't imagine anyone was envisioning missing two seven footers to injury, one seven footer to eligibility issues, and one 6'8 guy to concussion protocol.

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
I don't imagine anyone was envisioning missing two seven footers to injury, one seven footer to eligibility issues, and one 6'8 guy to concussion protocol.
I didn't imagine people would be making excuses for struggling with a glorified high school program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT