ADVERTISEMENT

everyone notice

UKBrassowTipIN

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
How much espn hates uk...I mean having sportscenter at rupp, which i dont think has ever been done before for anyone, and the same night duke plays. Really showed their hatred and bias
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Yeah, anyone pushing that narrative should look at a tape of last night. It was an infomercial through and through. Love fest.

ESPN management knows what's up. Big Blue is great for ratings.
There writers though, and many staff members hate us. Seriously wake up people.

Originally posted by new era cat:
ESPN management knows what's up. Big Blue is great for ratings.
There writers though, and many staff members hate us. Seriously wake up people.
This makes zero sense. ..do you actually think they got better ratings for having sportscenter at rupp, considering most all other basketball fans hate UK? Yeah big ratings too, for that 11 PM Tuesday night time slot.

Take the tin hats off.

They are promoting CBB now that FB season has ended. And we move the needle more than anyone. Different subject from how some of their analysts act.

Originally posted by qwesley:
They are promoting CBB now that FB season has ended. And we move the needle more than anyone. Different subject from how some of their analysts act.
Not only were they promoting CBB but also the NBA. ESPN Exec's know that many former UK players are scattered throughout several NBA teams. With the NFL winding down, what better way of promoting their NBA coverage than having Sportscenter in Rupp Arena and feature all of your NBA highlights around former UK players. This was more about promoting ESPN's NBA and CBB coverage than a UK Basketball promotion, although I'm loving all of the exposure.

Originally posted by catben:
Originally posted by qwesley:
Not only were they promoting CBB but also the NBA. ESPN Exec's know that many former UK players are scattered throughout several NBA teams. With the NFL winding down, what better way of promoting their NBA coverage than having Sportscenter in Rupp Arena and feature all of your NBA highlights around former UK players. This was more about promoting ESPN's NBA and CBB coverage than a UK Basketball promotion, although I'm loving all of the exposure.
Good posts. It also happened because they were driving that set back to Connecticut from the football championship game in Texas.

I would not say that espn as a network hates us. I think they just love their acc teams more, but they know that UK is prime time right now. They will also cover the duke's and unc's of the world with the same intensity no matter how bad they are in a given year, now will they do that with UK, nah we saw that with tubby and BCG. and yes I will agree alot of people alot of their writers kinda hate us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT