ADVERTISEMENT

Every year we can't get them all!

gamalielkid

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2002
We have a great group of young players joining our team this year. Two top 10 players including the number one center and number one point guard by many people's standards. Another excellent guard in Charles Matthews who is going to surprise many of you - remember he was a top 20 player before he got hurt and missed a lot of the AAU circuit. Michael Mulder shot 46% from the 3 and took as many shots as Booker and Ulis combined - he was a virtually unknown 4 star coming out of Canada two years ago. Guys add that to Ulis, Lee and Alex and we have a great 7. I fully expect Derek to contribute greatly this year and we know Dominque can be a defensive stopper as well. That is 9, count em, 9 really nice players. Plus we have a couple of decent walk ons and we may add another player yet.

The 2016 class is loaded and we are suppose to be able to get our fair share of that group. I am sure Cal is already working it very hard.

We just have to accept that we can't get all the players every year. Think about it, how many teams would you change rosters with right now? Let's face it, we have become greedy and expect all good players to come here - well that is not going to happen! Plus if these kids are choosing other schools - maybe they wouldn't have fit in here anyway - I think I am seeing a lot of me players instead of a lot of team players.

Kansas had Andrew Wiggins and Joel Emblid year before last - and where they end up. They had Oubre, Alexander, Ellis and several other good players this year - and where did they end up?

Just be happy we are UK and we have Coach Cal!

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News