TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
Has UK at #8 behind:

#7 3-3 Florida
#6 5-2 SC

Thoughts?

Kind of ridiculous, and it is hard to justify the ranking, we beat one of those teams on the road, easily. The other team has lost 2 in a row at home and beat us by 1 point. Both are ranked ahead of us at 5-1.

Has UK at #8 behind:

#7 3-3 Florida
#6 5-2 SC

Thoughts?

Kind of ridiculous, and it is hard to justify the ranking, we beat one of those teams on the road, easily. The other team has lost 2 in a row at home and beat us by 1 point. Both are ranked ahead of us at 5-1.

ESPN stinks?

Reactions: Blueaz
Could care less about ESPN power rankings or anything ESPN really. I'm just concerned about our game this Saturday, starting to get nervous for it already.

Reactions: hunterpapa
Did you extract those SEC teams from the ESPN Power Index? If so, UK is the 9th SEC team and listed #50. FL is #30, SC #31 and aTm #32 are the 6th, 7th 8th SEC teams.

Not that it really makes any difference that #8 "ranking" you speak to is probably due to SOS today. ESPN lists remaining SOS but not SOS played to date. FWIW, Sagarin rankings are the opposite, listing SOS played to date. FWIW, his SOSs played to date are:

FL #19 aTm #29 SC #31 UK #89

Peace

Look at USCjr wins and look at our wins. You have to play the schedule you have, but UK has already played all three of their "cupcake games".

USC has a better collection of wins, but then again you have a head to head win. Win at Mississippi State and at home against UT I guess we can start complaining about being slighted. The good thing about this year is that UT, Ole Miss , and UofL all look winnable.

Look at USCjr wins and look at our wins. You have to play the schedule you have, but UK has already played all three of their "cupcake games".

USC has a better collection of wins, but then again you have a head to head win. Win at Mississippi State and at home against UT I guess we can start complaining about being slighted. The good thing about this year is that UT, Ole Miss , and UofL all look winnable.
Yep that pesky ole head to head thing. Not picking at you just the supposed "voters".

Every time I see one if these polls or rankings from any website your first reaction is how can THEY come up with that when in reality it's usually one guy in a room they've assigned the task of coming up with it. It's not the consensus of everybody who works at the company. Like the "Ten Best All Time Places to Eat Pie". Like that list fell down from heaven or something, instead it's some dude in his basement eating pie.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Yep that pesky ole head to head thing. Not picking at you just the supposed "voters".

Every time I see one if these polls or rankings from any website your first reaction is how can THEY come up with that when in reality it's usually one guy in a room they've assigned the task of coming up with it. It's not the consensus of everybody who works at the company. Like the "Ten Best All Time Places to Eat Pie". Like that list fell down from heaven or something, instead it's some dude in his basement eating pie.

I think a lot of people are still caught up with us keeping Mizzu, EMU, EKU and USM all in close games. That will hurt any kind of power ranking. I think UK is talented enough to beat anyone left on schedule, but a computer or someone who doesn't follow as much is not going to factor that in.

ESPN also gave a courage award to a dude that became a chick. I really don't care about their rankings or worldview, but I appreciate the watchespn app.

We still have a ways to go to make anyone respect us,I hope we are on the way to doing that.I'll paraphrase Bum Phillips we can't just knock on the door we have to kick the SOB down.

Reactions: zumacat
It's not like the win at South Carolina was a fluke. Kentucky dominated that game after the first touchdown by USC. If your rankings spit out anything other than Kentucky being ahead of USC, you did something wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT