ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN article on Alabama shooting

Eventually, some form of justice will catch up to these people while they're out getting their street cred merit badges.

But, knowing all this happened, and Oates is still ok with having that kinda kid representing the team and school. Tells you everything you need to know about him and Alabama. Shady.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well since the car ended up being behind him maybe he didn’t feel like there would be bullets his way, he had no idea the other dude was packing either. I just wanna say thank you for having a reasonable conversation about this. It’s rare these days. Even if we have differences of opinion on this matter.
I don't understand why the boyfriend gets the benefit of the doubt but Miller doesn't. Especially now that we know they pulled up behind him and Bradley. He, according to all things I've read, has never been in trouble before.

He still transported a concealed weapon that he didn’t own in a car. I’m sure they could get him on a gun law for that. There’s so many of them it’s ridiculous. I wouldn’t necessarily agree with it btw, I don’t like all the laws that are dumb. Just from the perspective that If it was someone else I could see a charge result from it.
You know how this stuff works, if they want you charged you will be charged.
If they need it to leverage you, it will stick.
It's all about deals.

How was he to go about gathering the facts?
The people who are paid to gather"facts" said Miller committed no crime.
You think maybe the coach could say to Miller what happened. You do know Miller’s window had bullet holes in it. I would guarantee you if this was at UK he would sit out at least a game or two until UK gathered the facts. He may well be off the team for having the gun in the car. How many young folks you know that don’t look at a text on their phone. The pat down continues after a lady was murdered. Anyone with any remorse would stop that immediately!!

Eventually, some form of justice will catch up to these people while they're out getting their street cred merit badges.

But, knowing all this happened, and Oates is still ok with having that kinda kid representing the team and school. Tells you everything you need to know about him and Alabama. Shady.
Maybe but Oats doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him.
His dumbass statements to the media did him the worst harm.
If he had been smart enough to have a Bama PR person to prepare a statement for him, he would look a lot better in the eyes of the public.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
You think maybe the coach could say to Miller what happened. You do know Miller’s window had bullet holes in it. I would guarantee you if this was at UK he would sit out at least a game or two until UK gathered the facts. He may well be off the team for having the gun in the car. How many young folks you know that don’t look at a text on their phone. The pat down continues after a lady was murdered. Anyone with any remorse would stop that immediately!!
Stoops nor UK kicked Vito and Co. off the team and they were charged by an officer.
Details still murkey
Murkey makes a DA not want to pursue it .

Stoops nor UK kicked Vito and Co. off the team and they were charged by an officer.
Details still murkey
Murkey makes a DA not want to pursue it .
Bad comparison those guys missed half a season because someone accused them of having a gun. Never proved they ever had a gun. If it was the same thing Miler would of sat until they all went to grand jury. Miller did deliver a gun. Who knows if he knew it was there or not. I don’t know but it wouldn’t shock me if they all knew a gun was in the car. Is Bama ok with guns in cars on campus?

He's going to say he didn't because the gun was hidden in a pile of Miles' clothing that was in the car.
Miles supposedly retrieved the gun from the car himself.
It does not matter, the gun was in his car and his car was on campus sometime that evening so it was technically in his possession. The University should expel him for having a gun in his posession on campus, they would have if it had been a regular student. I am going to have two guys with guns in my car and let them rob a bank. I cannot be charged for driving the getaway car if I was told they were going in to make a withdrawal.

Well since the car ended up being behind him maybe he didn’t feel like there would be bullets his way, he had no idea the other dude was packing either. I just wanna say thank you for having a reasonable conversation about this. It’s rare these days. Even if we have differences of opinion on this matter.
Always been a case that the optics were very bad. I don’t have an opinion one way or the other if Miller is culpable in some capacity as it’s really hard to tell how much he knew or if he knew anything at all. Miles and Davis on the other hand don’t really have much defense. Once miller arrived they could have and should have just gotten in millers car and left the scene if they felt threatened at all. They chose to stay and escalate the situation further.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It does not matter, the gun was in his car and his car was on campus sometime that evening so it was technically in his possession. The University should expel him for having a gun in his posession on campus, they would have if it had been a regular student. I am going to have two guys with guns in my car and let them rob a bank. I cannot be charged for driving the getaway car if I was told they were going in to make a withdrawal.
"Sometime" doesn't cut it.
Even if Bama wanted to expell him, he still gets due process.
You also realize he only has days left on the Bama campus with all the travel.
Day after Bama is out of tourney, he'll be out of there. Being a Nashville kid who only played 1 season. I doubt he'll ever step foot in the state of Alabama again unless facts come out at the trial that fully exonerate him.
I'm sure Bama administration is just fine with that also.

But he didn't get pulled over.
Your right if they had been pulled over and the gun in Miller's car, he would have been charged.
As long as Miles claimed the gun in court as his, the DA would drop the charge on Miller.
I'm talking simple traffic stop/ carrying concealed weapon charge.

Plenty of people get charged as accessories for less.

Boy where was this energy when Wall was caught trespassing and the rest of college basketball wanted him arrested?

Edit: Of how everyone was ready to convict Wall, but we want to "wait for all the facts" when it comes to Miller being an accessory to murder.

Last edited:
Always been a case that the optics were very bad. I don’t have an opinion one way or the other if Miller is culpable in some capacity as it’s really hard to tell how much he knew or if he knew anything at all. Miles and Davis on the other hand don’t really have much defense. Once miller arrived they could have and should have just gotten in millers car and left the scene if they felt threatened at all. They chose to stay and escalate the situation further.
No doubt about it, 3 peoples lives were lost that day and many others ruined and/or effected. Totally dumb and unnecessary. They should have just got in the car and brushed it off. Davis just had to prove he was a gangster and Miles his best friend knew how to do that to show the boyfriend of Harris he shouldn’t have said a word to him.

Last edited:
Boy where was this energy when Wall was caught trespassing and the rest of college basketball wanted him arrested?
The article I read said Wall entered an empty house to hook up with a young lady. She may of thought he was killing her at the time but she lived thru the experience!! He didn’t break in the house was repossessed shouldn’t have went in the house. I feel these are totally different things. One lady is dead now.

That's kind of my point. Alabama and the rest of college basketball wanted to see Wall get punished for "trespassing an abandoned house".. They questioned his character..

But na, two players kill someone and we're supposed to "reserve judgement" on the 3rd teammate who was with them that day and may have brought the weapon. YEAH OK!

That's kind of my point. Alabama and the rest of college basketball wanted to see Wall get punished for "trespassing an abandoned house".. They questioned his character..

But na, two players kill someone and we're supposed to "reserve judgement" on the 3rd teammate who was with them that day and may have brought the weapon. YEAH OK!
Sorry man I mistook what you said!! Lol That went over my head!! Lol We are agreeing. To funny. Good luck to you!!

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
That he claimed he never read and had already been in route back to pick him up.
I don't know the truth but you would have a hard time convincing 12 beyond a reasonable doubt.
Because we have idiots in the country.

OJ and Casey Anthony. We just had two child abusers get slapped with FINES in Christian county because the jury felt sorry for them.

All I have to say about jury selection. People are morons.

This is the part i can’t get past—

Per Al.com, police said in a preliminary hearing that Miles sent Miller a text message to bring Miles' gun to where the shooting took place. Miller’s car was hit twice by gunfire during the shooting.

Miles texted Miller to bring his gun to where they were, according to police.
When Miller got to the scene, Miles told Davis, “The heat is in the hat.” Det. Brandon Culpepper said that meant a gun was present.
Miles added, “There’s one in the head.” That, Culpepper said, meant a round was in the chamber.

Are the police lying, trying to frame miller? they evidently saw the texts they’re referencing.

Last edited:
This is the part i can’t get past—

Per Al.com, police said in a preliminary hearing that Miles sent Miller a text message to bring Miles' gun to where the shooting took place. Miller’s car was hit twice by gunfire during the shooting.

Are the police lying, trying to frame miller? they evidently saw the texts they’re referencing.
Seems to be a case where no one is lying, just that two things are true at once where the second one contradicts assumptions people made based on the first one.

1. Miles did send a text asking for his gun after the argument had started. Miles is the one actually being indicted, so this is still important evidence because it seems to show premeditation on his part.

2. Miller had already planned well ahead of time to pick Miles up from the club and was already only moments away by the time the text asking for the gun was ever sent. He had no role in the argument and apparently didn’t even realize there was a problem until the shooting started.

It seems that a lot of people think it’s just too big of a coincidence that both of those are accurate statements, but it’s what all the available evidence, including video, points to.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Seems to be a case where no one is lying, just that two things are true at once where the second one contradicts assumptions people made based on the first one.

1. Miles did send a text asking for his gun after the argument had started. Miles is the one actually being indicted, so this is still important evidence because it seems to show premeditation on his part.

2. Miller had already planned well ahead of time to pick Miles up from the club and was already only moments away by the time the text asking for the gun was ever sent. He had no role in the argument and apparently didn’t even realize there was a problem until the shooting started.

It seems that a lot of people think it’s just too big of a coincidence that both of those are accurate statements, but it’s what all the available evidence, including video, points to.
If he read the text he should of hid the gun and got the guys to leave. The text would tell you trouble was brewing. If he read the text he made a very bad decision!!

If Miles text him asking him to bring the gun in the car doesn’t that imply that Miller knew the gun was in the car whether or not Miller saw the text. Idk what the text said but unless it explained where the gun was located in the car i think it’s a fairly safe assumption that Miller knew it was there.
Exactly.....don't buy the spin of ESPN.

1. It as obvious as day Brandon Miller was driving the gun back to Miles.....to argue he didn't know the gun was in his car and he was driving back to the scene....just doesn't pass the sniff test
2. The parking of the to trap the car that was shot at.....that isn't as clear as if that is intentional or not..

But no reason Brandon Miller wasn't charged with a low level accessory crime and even if not charged criminally....Alabama is a gun free location. Automatic expulsion from school is the rules.....but they totally get bypassed for this situation. For all the talk of white privilege....this is privilege at it's finest.....athlete privilge.

"Sometime" doesn't cut it.
Even if Bama wanted to expell him, he still gets due process.
You also realize he only has days left on the Bama campus with all the travel.
Day after Bama is out of tourney, he'll be out of there. Being a Nashville kid who only played 1 season. I doubt he'll ever step foot in the state of Alabama again unless facts come out at the trial that fully exonerate him.
I'm sure Bama administration is just fine with that also.
I agree but just another example of difference between athletes and regular students.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT