ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Wolford.

I watched this video and I was very impressed. I know there was some animosity with the way he left, but I am convinced he can restore the Big Blue Wall

Wolford and Stoops have mended fences. That's enough for me. This man can coach, and he coaches the position that most needs to get better. Count me in.

If I remember correctly, the first time Stoops hired him he was between jobs. This time when Stoops brought him back he had not been retained by the new Alabama Coach. I hope he shows some loyalty this time around.
I do agree that he is a good Coach and recruiter. The way he left us the last time left a very bad taste in my mouth but he is here so I hope he does a good job with our O-Line.

I think he’s a good position coach, but he did a poor job of rotating in younger players to get some experience
Maybe he didn’t play them because they weren’t good enough to win with. I also never understood people laying it on him if it was indeed an issue. Mark Stoops can walk into any staff meeting he wants or walk down the hall to say ‘we need to get more guys reps’. He was just one more scapegoat over the years for the offense once he left.

Reactions: EdgeHD
Maybe he didn’t play them because they weren’t good enough to win with. I also never understood people laying it on him if it was indeed an issue. Mark Stoops can walk into any staff meeting he wants or walk down the hall to say ‘we need to get more guys reps’. He was just one more scapegoat over the years for the offense once he left.
I do remember how good of a golfer John Young was.

I’m sure you are right, but he basically had a 6 man rotation. There had to be at least one or two dudes with a pulse to play against Poop State
One would think he could've gotten Jake Pope and John Young and Bingham and Goodwin at least ONE series along the way but guess he just didn't trust those guys. And certainly that lack of trust has shown to be accurate although John Young has had a couple nice years at Miami(O).

Reactions: Pelosigalore
Sheesh, some of yall need to revisit who was even on the freakin roster in 2021. Naming names of guys not even signed when that season was over....

We saw the young O linemen a year later in 2022, they stunk. Most all of em have portal'ed out of UK to lower division football.

I think he’s a good position coach, but he did a poor job of rotating in younger players to get some experience
That was some stupid shyt Freddie Maggard made up. One year, in like 2017, we had a lot of good young talent we could do that with. But never did again. Wofford had to move a guard to start at center, start a sophomore to replace the guard, and find a transfer to start at left tackle. Pretty remarkable job with the inexperienced young players he was given. But spoiled entitled Jager Burton complained he wasn't gifted unearned playing time his true freshman year, and the KSR crew just parroted that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cathouse and Davae9
I am curious to see where Burton ends up in the rotation. Does he transfer? Wofford was very high on him during his go around.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Thanks for posting. You're right that is impressive. Have to like the no nonsense look you in the eye approach and it sounds like he has a real plan he's working. I wasnt sold on him due to the way he handled things before but he sounds like he can coach. Some of the best coaches arent the nice guys and have a little A hole in them.
I watched this video and I was very impressed. I know there was some animosity with the way he left, but I am convinced he can restore the Big Blue Wall

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Thanks for posting. You're right that is impressive. Have to like the no nonsense look you in the eye approach and it sounds like he has a real plan he's working. I wasnt sold on him due to the way he handled things before but he sounds like he can coach. Some of the best coaches arent the nice guys and have a little A hole in them.
Generally players don't like coaches who demand 100% effort, toughness, and pushes them past what they think is there max!
Yenser was to soft. That's why his oline played soft.

I hope so , but last night on “the locker” , Anthony White said word is the oline has been manhandled by even the 2nd and 3rd team Dlineman during spring practice. It was kinda disappointing to hear.
If true, that’s disappointing. I was hoping that the Oline would take a big step forward this year. I don’t think we have a Ray Davis level RB this year so the line has to do a better job or we will have no running game and teams will tee off on BV.

If true, that’s disappointing. I was hoping that the Oline would take a big step forward this year. I don’t think we have a Ray Davis level RB this year so the line has to do a better job or we will have no running game and teams will tee off on BV.
Me too. Anthony Whites connections are on the coaching staff so ……

Generally players don't like coaches who demand 100% effort, toughness, and pushes them past what they think is there max!
Yenser was to soft. That's why his oline played soft.

Loved my coaches who demanded more and pushed me to do better. Only disliked the coaches that played politics or had no discipline themselves

I am curious to see where Burton ends up in the rotation. Does he transfer? Wofford was very high on him during his go around.
Burton is the left guard . Why would he transfer he has started every game he has played in and will again . Despite a few people on here with clear distaste for the kid the coaching staff continues to have confidence in the kid and start him . Why would you go through the growing pains of starting a kid in the SEC as a freshman and watch him mature till he is a 4 th yr junior and bench him lol . People seem to remember the Blue Wall with all those guys as 4 ,5 and 6th seniors but the forget their struggles that almost got schlarman replaced early in their career ( or at least a vocal minority of fans wanted to fire him ) .

The OL is going to be bad with Burton and Eli Cox starting again. Both were terrible last season. Blowing assignments over and over. I wouldn't be surprised if we add two via the portal.

Wasn’t Cox given a mid season award a couple of years ago? What the heck happened to him?

Excellent coach and recruiter. Glad he’s back and already making an impact in both phases.
Probably better recruiter than coach but a major improvement over Yenser

Wasn’t Cox given a mid season award a couple of years ago? What the heck happened to him?

He was overrated then like I posted at the time. Iirc there were several plays vs UGA where he completely whiffed on Jordan Davis. It's one thing to get beat by a beast, but another to somehow not block him at all.

My criticism of jager is voluminous and is basically a laundry list of everything from top to bottom. No reason he should be starting.

Me too. Anthony Whites connections are on the coaching staff so ……

I'm guessing anwar. Weren't they teammates?

Reactions: Davae9 and yoshukai
I'd bet the Oline will be:
RT - Mincey
RG- Burton
C - Cox
LG - Farmer (from Florida)
LT -M Cox

Maybe Chrisman comes in and vies for a guard spot....
I think Ray moves to back up tackle...and off guard rotation.

That is how I see it panning out.

Reactions: Shew
I'd bet the Oline will be:
RT - Mincey
RG- Burton
C - Cox
LG - Farmer (from Florida)
LT -M Cox

Maybe Chrisman comes in and vies for a guard spot....
I think Ray moves to back up tackle...and off guard rotation.

That is how I see it panning out.
Ray should be the RG in my opinion

Ray should be the RG in my opinion
You may be right...but Dylan Ray is a long kid...not a low to the ground road grader type body.

I know Burton is a knucklehead....but I think he is more suited for a interior Oline. I'd argue if Chrisman isn't going to vie for the guard spot....we'll hit the portal for a guard if a good one presents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT