ADVERTISEMENT

Empty seats sending UK a message?

Just don't see the cause for concern. It was 1,000 less in attendance in a 20,000 seat arena.. You'd think less than half the seats were filled by the tone of the article. We went from being 95% sold out, to like 85%..

Maybe expecting 20,000 people to show up for a college basketball game, in this climate with COVID and the economy, was a little ambitious.

It ain't covid and it aint the price, not saying theyaren't somewhat factors. It's more than they want to admit. Some things that happened last year turned fans off. Fans are also tiring of UK being a turnstile for players 8 months.
If people are still butthurt over the kneeling, then they can stay home if this team wins a title too.

It ain't covid and it aint the price, not saying theyaren't somewhat factors. It's more than they want to admit. Some things that happened last year turned fans off. Fans are also tiring of UK being a turnstile for players 8 months.
It's Covid, the price, downtown traffic, and changing of the times. If football didn't have tailgating and a better atmosphere for socializing, then the same issue would be happening (and it is most places). Why do you think stadiums and arenas are decreasing seating instead of adding for the most part? Go to a Nascar race and look at all the grandstands that were full a couple of decades ago and now have giant tarps trying to hide them today.

I don't know if people are just spending their money on different things. Maybe they don't have the money or don't want to put it on credit. The NFL game broadcasts have accounted for the 33 most-watched programs on television this year. People are obviously still interested.

It's Covid, the price, downtown traffic, and changing of the times. If football didn't have tailgating and a better atmosphere for socializing, then the same issue would be happening (and it is most places). Why do you think stadiums and arenas are decreasing seating instead of adding for the most part? Go to a Nascar race and look at all the grandstands that were full a couple of decades ago and now have giant tarps trying to hide them today.

I don't know if people are just spending their money on different things. Maybe they don't have the money or don't want to put it on credit. The NFL game broadcasts have accounted for the 33 most-watched programs on television this year. People are obviously still interested.

I will agree with the turnstile situation. I didn't even know a player besides Ware and Allen when the season started. Just too big of a turnover to bother keeping up with. Just learn them as the season goes on..

It's just turning into an overall better experience to watch at home on a nice ass TV that the picture is so clear it lets you count the blades of grass.

Last edited:
I watch every game from home. I am tired, but it has nothing to do with sports.

It's just turning into an overall better experience to watch at home on a nice ass TV that let's you count the blades of grass and turf the picture is so clear.
If we had natural grass. Watching UK football games can be painful. Only patsy programs have field turf.

Just don't see the cause for concern. It was 1,000 less in attendance in a 20,000 seat arena.. You'd think less than half the seats were filled by the tone of the article. We went from being 95% sold out, to like 85%..

Maybe expecting 20,000 people to show up for a college basketball game, in this climate with COVID and the economy, was a little ambitious.
Of course Cal had nothing to do with it??

If people are still butthurt over the kneeling, then they can stay home if this team wins a title too.
If people can't handle people having opposing views they can leave this country any day. Flights leaving daily to oasis' like Venezuela where you can dine on the sill living Zoo animals. Or Austria where you can only leave your house to get groceries.
Send us a postcard.

Covis is a weak excuse. Price I could see.

Sadly, UK's basketball program isn't the draw it used to be.

There are factors like covid, nice tvs at home, etc., but interest in the program just is much lower than in times past.
I think you could say that about college basketball in general but I don’t have the facts to back it up .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT