ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassed, Disappointed, and Furious

TheBlueMax

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Kentucky
How we have gotten to this point is because a strong-willed, stubborn-ass, egotistical guy may have just realized that he's about to lose all that is or appears to be dear to him. Fans and donors largely dictate whether coaches have jobs. We're here because we have a coach who has been allowed to jump off the gold standard track that we enjoyed for a few years, distant though they are now.

This whole crappy affair is extremely complicated and we need to get this right. To get it wrong means a reversal of fortunes that could irreparably damage the program and set us back even more than one can imagine. We do need to exercise some patience, but the law has to be laid down that a return to the humble Calipari and a track laid to get back to the gold standard is immediately put into motion. This approach would be much better than any buyout. We fans, administrators, and donors have to send a message that the same paths to meediocrity will not be tolerated further. Performance becomes a big condition of employment. Part of that must be retaining a good measure of this present roster. Part of his fundamental change of course must be that we are no longer a stepping stone after 10 months to the NBA. Build this roster for longevity. Build it so it becomes an efficient machine that can compete favorably with the best teams in college basketball with dominance and winning the ultimate goals.

After hearing what I did today, and for what I feel is best for this program's long-term sustainment, I hope Mitch Barnhart stays with Calipari but issues these kinds of strict guidelines for the future conduct of this program. I am confident that we can get to a realistic level, a Nick Saban type standard wherein competing for championships is not just a yearly expectation but is also a reality.

For the good of our program, I think retaining and supporting Coach Calipari, provided he proves he is willing to make these changes, is best. We are here in this mess because of a yearly mass exodus thanks to his flawed business model--that must change. This beloved program is simply not going to be successful if that is allowed to happen every year--we know it now, enough sampling.

Frankly, I am like the title says: embarrassed, disappointed, and furious that we're going through this. I would find it refreshing for us to go in a different direction and just be done with it; Calipari also probably needs something new. However, it will pay us dividends to be careful and cautious. It behooves us to have even more patience. He sounds both contrite and committed, and there were some mitigating circumstances surrounding this year that made it much more difficult than we had hoped. Given that, on the heels of immediate changes, I think one more year to get back on track will be best for all concerned. I am confident that the Calipari we once knew will return, as the glory will return. One of the great lessons of my almost 68 years is that patience truly is a virtue--so many tremendously good things have happened when I have exercised great patience and deferred instant gratification. We have exercised patience and more, yes, but I'm sure that doing it a little more will serve us well.

Go Big Blue! Go Cats! Forever and Always! Max, UK, Class of 1978

How we have gotten to this point is because a strong-willed, stubborn-ass, egotistical guy may have just realized that he's about to lose all that is or appears to be dear to him. Fans and donors largely dictate whether coaches have jobs. We're here because we have a coach who has been allowed to jump off the gold standard track that we enjoyed for a few years, distant though they are now.

This whole crappy affair is extremely complicated and we need to get this right. To get it wrong means a reversal of fortunes that could irreparably damage the program and set us back even more than one can imagine. We do need to exercise some patience, but the law has to be laid down that a return to the humble Calipari and a track laid to get back to the gold standard is immediately put into motion. This approach would be much better than any buyout. We fans, administrators, and donors have to send a message that the same paths to meediocrity will not be tolerated further. Performance becomes a big condition of employment. Part of that must be retaining a good measure of this present roster. Part of his fundamental change of course must be that we are no longer a stepping stone after 10 months to the NBA. Build this roster for longevity. Build it so it becomes an efficient machine that can compete favorably with the best teams in college basketball with dominance and winning the ultimate goals.

After hearing what I did today, and for what I feel is best for this program's long-term sustainment, I hope Mitch Barnhart stays with Calipari but issues these kinds of strict guidelines for the future conduct of this program. I am confident that we can get to a realistic level, a Nick Saban type standard wherein competing for championships is not just a yearly expectation but is also a reality.

For the good of our program, I think retaining and supporting Coach Calipari, provided he proves he is willing to make these changes, is best. We are here in this mess because of a yearly mass exodus thanks to his flawed business model--that must change. This beloved program is simply not going to be successful if that is allowed to happen every year--we know it now, enough sampling.

Frankly, I am like the title says: embarrassed, disappointed, and furious that we're going through this. I would find it refreshing for us to go in a different direction and just be done with it; Calipari also probably needs something new. However, it will pay us dividends to be careful and cautious. It behooves us to have even more patience. He sounds both contrite and committed, and there were some mitigating circumstances surrounding this year that made it much more difficult than we had hoped. Given that, on the heels of immediate changes, I think one more year to get back on track will be best for all concerned. I am confident that the Calipari we once knew will return, as the glory will return. One of the great lessons of my almost 68 years is that patience truly is a virtue--so many tremendously good things have happened when I have exercised great patience and deferred instant gratification. We have exercised patience and more, yes, but I'm sure that doing it a little more will serve us well.

Hasn’t he promised similar things already? I personally think it’s like someone being abused.

‘They say things will change , that things will better. What if I can’t find someone else?’

I respect your stance, but I think a huge majority of our fan base feels the same as me.

Hasn’t he promised similar things already? I personally think it’s like someone being abused.

‘They say things will change , that things will better. What if I can’t find someone else?’

I respect your stance, but I think a huge majority of our fan base feels the same as me.

I agree. Reminds me of an ex I couldnt get rid of.

For everyone wanting to draw this line in the sand, the line has already been drawn and crossed multiple times.

I agree. Reminds me of an ex I couldnt get rid of.

For everyone wanting to draw this line in the sand, the line has already been drawn and crossed multiple times.
I love the program more than the piece of shit coaching it. He is jot gonna change a thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The powers that be at UK are incompetent, surely BBN isn't this naive.
He is not changing a damn thing as he continues burning the program down.

If you’re a coach the only time you have leverage is if you’re winning. It’s your one job. How he lost sight of that is for him and Mitch to figure out. Preferably on a golf course in retirement.

Reactions: Catfan2226
giphy.gif

What a weird thing that everyone feels the need to start their own threads to post these 1,000 word rants that say nothing that couldn’t be said in under ten: “I’m pissed. Bad man stole my March joy.”
And you've obviously never cared about anything other than sucking off Cal

A lot of people on this board need to realize that we aren’t as important as we think we are lol.

What a weird thing that everyone feels the need to start their own threads to post these 1,000 word rants that say nothing that couldn’t be said in under ten: “I’m pissed. Bad man stole my March joy.”
Didn’t you write a 3 paragraph post about Cal, Abraham Lincoln, and the Civil War? 🥴

No matter what Cal says or does won't change the fact is he has never been a good Xs or Os. That's the reason he has only won 1 championship and a failure in the NBA. If you along with a lot of fans could see this you would understand unless another Anthony Davis walks through the doors it's not happening. Isn't this what UK basketball strives for. Good Grief!

Reactions: dl51344
A lot of people on this board need to realize that we aren’t as important as we think we are lol.
And Calipari needs to realize he wouldn't be able to coach an NBA All-Star team to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament if given 20 more chances to do it.

OP sounds like the women thats been beaten for years , and she still cant believe it happened ... as blood run down her chin

He’s already said he ain’t changing so why pin hope that he will. Even if he did change in his coaching philosophy the man still cannot coach. He his a total fraud in that sense. His name might as well be Frank Abagnale.

Reactions: Catfan2226

Well thought out and written post. Sorry you will get hammered for it as we are in "Fire Cal" time. I am definitely in the "Fire Cal" crowd, but I appreciated this post.

44 blessed years on this Earth, and yes, patience is definitely a virtue and usually pays off.

However, in this instance you need a stubborn person to change. I don't believe Cal can or will. I sure hope so because the Cal we had from '09-'17 was the best in the business.

I also feel like we have played the "have patience" game since the COVID season. I am ready for the change, but can respect your opinion and position.

Reactions: TheBlueMax
And Calipari needs to realize he wouldn't be able to coach an NBA All-Star team to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament if given 20 more chances to do it.
I get that. It drives me crazy though when people think our voices are heard and our views and opinions matter. Just like politics. We can vote all day and support who we want but nothing ever changes and will never change

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT