ADVERTISEMENT

Elzy

Don’t see how you can’t let her go. With the transfer portal no reason to be down to 8-9 scholarship players and only bring in a 5’3 pg this off-season. Mutiple suspensions, terrible on court performances, and probably 500 people max per home game. Knowing Barnhart he won’t pull the trigger though.

Mitch did not fire Mitchell after most of his players quit the team. I think she is doing a terrible job but if he is going to let Mitchell off the hook like he did then he has to give her at least another season. The WBB program has been a wreck the last several seasons. Needs a complete overhaul from staff to players if the goal is to becoming a Top 5 level program.

Mitch did not fire Mitchell after most of his players quit the team. I think she is doing a terrible job but if he is going to let Mitchell off the hook like he did then he has to give her at least another season. The WBB program has been a wreck the last several seasons. Needs a complete overhaul from staff to players.
Difference is Mitchell had proven himself on many occasions. Elzy has not. The trajectory is downward. If she can’t right the ship by the end of the season, I think she is gone.

Mitch did not fire Mitchell after most of his players quit the team. I think she is doing a terrible job but if he is going to let Mitchell off the hook like he did then he has to give her at least another season. The WBB program has been a wreck the last several seasons. Needs a complete overhaul from staff to players if the goal is to becoming a Top 5 level program.
Understand you thoughts but Mitchell had done a great job prior to the problem year and had earned a do over contrary to Elzy

If this team finishes with a losing record (unbelievable before the season, but highly likely at this point) I dont see how you cant make a move.

Theres nothing to warrant her coming back, the regression of this program in such a short time is really just staggering.

She’s not going to turn this season around. She’s a terrible coach on top of having mediocre to bad players beyond Howard. Edwards has talent but obviously can’t be trusted. Bad combination.

Next year could be worse. Very little talent coming in. It is what it is though.

Reactions: Blisterpac
It would totally go against Mitch's MO to let her go at the end of this season, so I'd be very surprised if it happened. That said, it feels very much like year two of Joker when you knew a wasted year was ahead. Hope I'm wrong and she can somehow turn it around, but it isn't looking good.

Wasn't Elzy around during that fiasco? Was that akl on Coach Mitchell? He always seemed to genuinely care for the girls.

Are you calling a liar or what?
I don’t have a liar’s phone number. Not that I’m aware of. Except my old uncle Roger that went to prison for perjury. Guess he fits the description. But he doesn’t have a cell phone anymore if I did wanna call it. He’s in prison. If I called the number now it’s probably some old woman.

A big concern with this mess is that the fix could very well be a multi-year process with some significant pain along the way …. I don’t know the details of what is going on within the program, but it sure seems that the program culture has imploded across the board.

I don’t have a liar’s phone number. Not that I’m aware of. Except my old uncle Roger that went to prison for perjury. Guess he fits the description. But he doesn’t have a cell phone anymore if I did wanna call it. He’s in prison. If I called the number now it’s probably some old woman.
Good one.

I obviously meant me. But you knew that.

Howard's story is a curious one. Really strong Freshman year followed by an unbelievable Sophomore year under Mitchell. Then, gets suspended to start her Junior year and it's been pretty up and down since. No doubt, it has been kind of disappointing since that Sophomore year when Elzy took over.

It would totally go against Mitch's MO to let her go at the end of this season, so I'd be very surprised if it happened. That said, it feels very much like year two of Joker when you knew a wasted year was ahead. Hope I'm wrong and she can somehow turn it around, but it isn't looking good.

I was going to mention if her nickname was "Jokerette".

...and Elzy's recruiting class is 3 top 100ish girls, none of which averaged more than 15ppg in high school. So, it's not as if she's got a bunch of talent coming in to fall back on.

Again, like Mingione, pull the plug before it's too late and we're seen as a losing program. I'm afraid were already too late with mingione. Meanwhile UL keeps filling their roster with Ky kids and they're a top 10 team nearly every year in baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT