ADVERTISEMENT

Elzy cats

How does she still even have a job? I don't even wanna hear the women's team mentioned anymore until Elzy is fired. She was handed a solid team and all she has done since is drive it completely into the ground. UK's women's basketball will only be a cruel joke as long as she remains.

We have not even talked a

We have not talked about another great hire of mitchs the baseball coach mingione personally I like the guy but 10 to 12 years and going nowhere
He's been the head coach for 6 years and gone to the Super Regional twice, including last year. The only 2 Super Regionals in UK history. He did have a few lean years in between visits, but probably the wrong time to say the program is going nowhere.

He's been the head coach for 6 years and gone to the Super Regional twice, including last year. The only 2 Super Regionals in UK history. He did have a few lean years in between visits, but probably the wrong time to say the program is going nowhere.
I hope he does good seems like a good person will leave it at that alot transfer from his program too going into his 7 th season

I know UK hasn’t been on probation with Barney. But I would take a couple of years if probation if it came with some great years of men!s bb.
I think Barney deserves a firing but the crypt keeper Capilouto loves him some purple Barney!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
How does she still even have a job? I don't even wanna hear the women's team mentioned anymore until Elzy is fired. She was handed a solid team and all she has done since is drive it completely into the ground. UK's women's basketball will only be a cruel joke as long as she remains.
Tbf even Mitchell was starting to struggle a bit before his accident. But this level of suck is unacceptable. She’s gotta go.

I know UK hasn’t been on probation with Barney. But I would take a couple of years if probation if it came with some great years of men!s bb.
I think Barney deserves a firing but the crypt keeper Capilouto loves him some purple Barney!
Maybe the President needs to go too if that’s the case just clean house at UK….

Reactions: ukjenning44
Very tough when you box yourself into a corner hiring a coach like Elzy. Same thing happened with Tubby. It’s always a lose-lose-lose situation. The folks are ready, waiting, with pitchforks in their left hands if you fire her. Gotta just let her coach as long as she wants to avoid the PR nightmare.

• Haha
Reactions: westerncat
Very tough when you box yourself into a corner hiring a coach like Elzy. Same thing happened with Tubby. It’s always a lose-lose-lose situation. The folks are ready, waiting, with pitchforks in their left hands if you fire her. Gotta just let her coach as long as she wants to avoid the PR nightmare.
More race card being played by the people who cry about the race card. Imagine comparing Kyra Elzy to Tubby Smith just to play the race card. Tubby won a national title, won 5 SEC regular season championships, 5 SEC Tournament championships, never missed the NCAA Tournament, and has a .760 winning percentage. Imagine thinking that’s the same as Kyra Elzy who has 1 SEC Tournament championship, made 2 of 4 NCAA Tournaments, and a .517 winning percentage and back to back losing seasons. It’s almost like you’re utterly clueless.

At least man up and say what you mean. People will be out with pitchforks because she’s black, not “a coach like that”. You’re as wrong as that dumb comparison you made.

Mitch gives every coach a million chances but no way he can let this continue another year

Reactions: Fox2monk
More race card being played by the people who cry about the race card. Imagine comparing Kyra Elzy to Tubby Smith just to play the race card. Tubby won a national title, won 5 SEC regular season championships, 5 SEC Tournament championships, never missed the NCAA Tournament, and has a .760 winning percentage. Imagine thinking that’s the same as Kyra Elzy who has 1 SEC Tournament championship, made 2 of 4 NCAA Tournaments, and a .517 winning percentage and back to back losing seasons. It’s almost like you’re utterly clueless.

At least man up and say what you mean. People will be out with pitchforks because she’s black, not “a coach like that”. You’re as wrong as that dumb comparison you made.
I’m beautiful, I’m beautiful damnit!

I don’t really remember anything like that when we fired Bernadette Mattox .

On the path to finishing last again in the conference and having the history of the worst teams at kentucky ever in conference play
Sign her up for another extension Mitch! Her and Kenny Payne should coach together. Maybe together they can figure out how to win a couple games.

Funny how certain sports don’t matter when we have great Directors Cup finishes, yet those sports suddenly matter when they lose. Big Karen energy.
Nobody cares about the directors cup, Football and Basketball are what drive success. It’s cool to have cheerleading, rifle, soccer, WBB, swimming, volleyball, whatever do well but 90% of people don’t care.

Hard to say you’re doing a good job as AD if you’re THE basketball school and your men’s and women’s programs go through their worst seasons ever within a couple of years of each other. Maybe he doesn’t understand the assignment?

Reactions: TM2013
Nobody cares about the directors cup, Football and Basketball are what drive success. It’s cool to have cheerleading, rifle, soccer, WBB, swimming, volleyball, whatever do well but 90% of people don’t care.
That’s my point. They don’t care when it comes to the directors cup, they even shit on winning programs regularly. There’s a rife team joke every week on here. They turn into diehard fans when we lose and they can complain though.

He should fired today and let one of the assistant's finish out the job. Race has nothing to do with the way someone handles a job.

my frustration is that mitch can't be trusted to make the next hire.

cal wasn't hired by mitch. stoops had to reach out and basically demand an interview. elzy was gifted the job becuase it was easy to do so.

if/when any of these 3 open up, i have 0 faith in mitch making the right hire.

He should fired today and let one of the assistant's finish out the job. Race has nothing to do with the way someone handles a job.
I agree that race doesn't have anything to do with it and I have no clue why the one poster even brought it up. Not 1 media member, fan, parent, etc. would bring that up if she was fired.

That being said, Gail Goestenkors has been on staff for a few years now. She was the head coach at Duke and Texas from 1999-2012 and has 4 Final Fours (2 of them runner ups). It's mind boggling to me why we didn't dump Elzy at some point this season, especially after the USC loss and let Gail finish out the season as interim.

Kentucky has 2 of the top 8 high school players in the nation in the 2025 class who are not considering UK at all. They are probably a long shot now, but holding on to Elzy for no reason makes that likelihood less and less.

Reactions: westerncat
my frustration is that mitch can't be trusted to make the next hire.

cal wasn't hired by mitch. stoops had to reach out and basically demand an interview. elzy was gifted the job becuase it was easy to do so.

if/when any of these 3 open up, i have 0 faith in mitch making the right hire.
The "Cal wasn't hired by Mitch" thing has got to stop. It's been proven false and people continue to bring that up. As for Stoops, he did reach out, but why does that matter? That happens all the time when hiring. Mitch learned the hard way with the BCG hire that he can't go solo on these and has to bring in others. He brought in Pratt to help with the Cal hire and brought in Couch to help with the Stoops hire.

His issue with these coaching hires has more been the contracts he has given out after they show any sign of success or the possibility of leaving. That's more of an issue than the hire itself.

Reactions: cat_in_the_hat
On the path to finishing last again in the conference and having the history of the worst teams at kentucky ever in conference play
The fans here would care if the ladies team was at least competitive. Being the women's basketball coach or the baseball coach at UK is like being the Pope, you've got the job for life no matter what

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT