ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards game remind me of Ron Mercer & Derek Anderson

If you took the names of everybody to play Kentucky basketball since 1948, put them in a hat, and pulled out two randomly, you'd probably come just as close as a Smooth comparison.

"He reminds me of Jimmy Dan Conner and Heshimu Evans."
This.

I don't see either. He's more of a rich man's Darius Miller than Mercer or Anderson.

Edwards has the opportunity to set his own benchmarks.

He reminds me of MKG that’s left handed. Probably a little less athletic, but a better shooter. Both play hard and tough. Do a lot of damage inside. Good handle to score at all 3 levels.

Reactions: blueberryfields
He reminds me of MKG that’s left handed. Probably a little less athletic, but a better shooter. Both play hard and tough. Do a lot of damage inside. Good handle to score at all 3 levels.
This is who he reminds me of more than the other comparisons. But no comparison is perfect, obviously. MKG was a guy who did a little bit of everything, a stat sheet stuffer. 2 big differences between he and Edwards- he couldn't shoot like Edwards and he wasn't a lefty. But he was a winner and he made winning plays at key moments, which is what I've seen from Edwards in his short time at UK.

Reactions: Fox2monk
This is who he reminds me of more than the other comparisons. But no comparison is perfect, obviously. MKG was a guy who did a little bit of everything, a stat sheet stuffer. 2 big differences between he and Edwards- he couldn't shoot like Edwards and he wasn't a lefty. But he was a winner and he made winning plays at key moments, which is what I've seen from Edwards in his short time at UK.
I agree

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I see a little of mercer and mkg in his game.

Derek Anderson was a play making 2 guard.

Mercer was more explosive, more athletic. Probably one of the best finishers we’ve ever had. But he was more of a slasher than a shooter. That’s kind of where i see some comparisons. Edwards seems to have a solid jumper but is gonna do more of his damage going to the rim. I think Edwards ball skills are a little better.

He plays angry like MKG. Prefers to get to the rim like MKG. Better shooter. Not the same motor.

I always thought MKG was a power forward in a small forwards body. He was a better facilitator than Edwards imo. When Edwards gets the ball he’s always thinking “score”.

philfrankresize.jpg

He’s got that Ben Vereen or Dionne Warwick quality..I just can’t put my finger on it.”

No way. He doesn’t look like either one of them. Both were high flyers and quicker.
DA, was a beast! He had some nasty dunks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT