ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards Appreciation Thread

He’s not playing great, but he doesn’t make mistakes, and he never forces it. I’m good with that.

He’s not playing great, but he doesn’t make mistakes, and he never forces it. I’m good with that.
I mean he plays well with the team. Really hardly ever hurts us, scores when it’s there, rebounds, plays defense. Not sure why to this point anyone would have a problem with him.

I loved seeing his aggression tonight. You can tell he’s got that “dog” in him. Once he finds his groove, other teams better watch out.

Reactions: sosoblue
He glides to the basket with such ease, and that lefty jumper is a thing of beauty. Super talented player, and I like how his confidence hasn’t been shaken despite a bit of a slow start. Dude hustles all the time, reminds me of MKG in that regard.

Man those few moves he made were NASTY. There is going to be a game soon he goes for 25 and 10 and it will look easy.

Reactions: YouKay
He’s at least learning to play like Thiero - so that’s good. But it is a bummer that he’s not the dude we thought he was.

When this team is a full strength, his minutes should go down to 20 and if he just takes what is there and plays like he did tonight, we’ll take it. Just stinks that he’s not the impact lottery pick guy so many pundits said that he was.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Very good game from him tonight. Maybe not an overwhelming scoring night although 11 is nothing to scoff at, but we didn’t need it the way our guards were playing. He ran the floor well, attacked the rim when it was open without forcing anything, and competed on defense. That’s the kind of effort that directly contributes to winning.

Hard to say a player has bad game when others are going off. Edwards is coming along and will be a force in some games . He is not playing selfish trying to get his. This team has so many weapons it is unreal. This is a fun team to watch enjoy the ride.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Maybe he’s warming up to it now.
I think he can have a decent year and contribute to postseason success.

But he is clearly not a lottery talent (Bleacher Report dropped him to 18th in their latest mock draft and I think it’s unlikely he’ll climb back up).

His lack of strength, mediocre outside shooting, defense, and softness aren’t just going to change overnight. He will perhaps grow into a lottery pick kind of talent, but it won’t be at UK (it will be in the league).

He’s at least learning to play like Thiero - so that’s good. But it is a bummer that he’s not the dude we thought he was.

When this team is a full strength, his minutes should go down to 20 and if he just takes what is there and plays like he did tonight, we’ll take it. Just stinks that he’s not the impact lottery pick guy so many pundits said that he was.
Cal acknowledged that Edwards doesn't spend the kind of time and prep in the gym that some of the other guys do, and when he finally starts doing that then his game will explode.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT