ADVERTISEMENT

Eating crow. Just didnt think Herro would physically be ready.

Dec 31, 2007
The kid looks comfortable and confident. And more athletic then last year. I watched almost every game he played last year. He had no D and literally missed dunks wide open. Not to mention he played against worst Competition then Ky HS comp. He came prepared and skilled. Hell his D looked decent at this point. And looks bigger. Going to be a fun year.

The kid looks comfortable and confident. And more athletic then last year. I watched almost every game he played last year. He had no D and literally missed dunks wide open. Not to mention he played against worst Competition then Ky HS comp. He came prepared and skilled. Hell his D looked decent at this point. And looks bigger. Going to be a fun year.
Yes. He looked very solid.

Reactions: kartmd
Definitely seemed comfortable and confident. Glad he is a Cat.

Reactions: Blueaz
Obviously any player can be a bust, but not only did Tyler have the offensive skill set in HS, he had the swagger. Herro scored from anywhere on the court, shot high percentages, had good length, decent athleticism, etc.

Some of us aren’t surprised.

I’ve been Herro-neutral. He was very impressive last night. He has some driving ability, good vision, and is aggressive. I wasn’t sure he had any of those attributes.

Hero was the guy I wanted to see last night. I was NOT disappointed

Not surprised at all. I watched nearly every Whitnall game that was televised. What I saw was that Herro was the best player on the floor in every game he played in high school. Missed dunks and non-athleticism? I must have missed those games.

Reactions: Crowell7
Surprised you didn’t see any D in his high school games because he was efforting on D in the all star game I saw. Maybe his hs coach just wanted to outscore his opponents, forget about damn D.

Any kid who commits to UK is able to play. What would be surprising is if they couldn't.

Never understood why so many posters look at a kid and make assumptions without evaluating their game.

A lot more athletic than he has been given credit for. He also has the ability to create his own shot.

Obviously any player can be a bust, but not only did Tyler have the offensive skill set in HS, he had the swagger. Herro scored from anywhere on the court, shot high percentages, had good length, decent athleticism, etc.

Some of us aren’t surprised.
He is bigger, more aggressive, faster, QUICKER and a better ball handler than I expected. he does not look out of place at all. The best lineup to me was Herro, Hagans,Richards,Travis and Johnson

Yeah, Herro was the man last night from among the perimeter players. At one point, it seemed he was the only guard who could create a shot of any kind. I saw the highlights tapes of Herro and saw that pull up jumper he was always using, but I guess I didn't expect that in game ONE he'd be able to pull that off, but he did. As someone said above, he looked a bit quicker, jumped a bit higher, and had a quicker release than I expected. He did impress me. And I have no doubt the 3pt shots will start falling as well. His shot is so smooth and natural and his form is excellent. He's a pure shooter, which is something we haven't had much at UK lately. We've had many great scorers but not many pure shooters. I think he's a bit of both.

I’m pretty sure that when PJ was shooting the free throws before Herro shot the technical free throws, Herro was talking shit to the Bahamas guys.

As long as you can back it up I don’t mind trash talk. And Herro backed it up.

He is bigger, more aggressive, faster, QUICKER and a better ball handler than I expected. he does not look out of place at all. The best lineup to me was Herro, Hagans,Richards,Travis and Johnson
He is def bigger and more filled out than I expected, he looks 6'6 to me.

Saw he and several others standing together. He looks much bigger than his listed 6'5 height---if u assume the other listed heights of our guys are correct.

Someone is going to have to be very good to replace Herro as a starter. I really liked what he showed in that first game. He is going to make other players bring their "A" game to take away his minutes. And congratulations to Nick Richards as he is starting to show skills which could eventually make him an NBA first rounder.

He plays with confidence just like Johnson. Even though he missed his 3s he kept shooting. As the yr progresses, those shots will fall. He was hitting jumpers playing d and looking for the open guy. He will be instant energy off the bench. I’m not going to read too much into an August exhibition game, but he is going to be a very good player that I hope stays atleast one more year.

I mean to me Herro is very similar to Booker, I know a lot of comparisons are going around. They seem very similar to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT